Slimm's 2019 Linebackers (underclassman)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by TedSlimmJr, May 4, 2018.

1. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

More projection, but Brian Burns fits the physical profile and obviously offers the most as a pass rusher. Not sure they view that type of fit as worth the 13th pick, though.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Yeah I think you have it there, they're not going to use a high pick on a player like this because the transition is too uncertain. Otherwise guys like Jachai Polite and D'Andre Walker would probably fit the bill, as opposed to a Brian Burns or a Montez Sweat.

I think you're drafting a Brian Burns or Montez Sweat because you really want them to rush the hell out of the passer, not because you think they're attractive linebackers.

When I've got a fever I sort of imagine that Chase Winovich could actually do this. And he probably can because he can do just about anything. But you'd probably like to see if he can be a premier pass rusher before you try him out at a half-Box/half-OLB role.

Wish the Dolphins could trade for Genard Avery, especially now that Steve Wilks is in town and Genard's fortunes may be down because of that.