Slimm's 2019 Linebackers (underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Linebackers (underclassman)

My personal opinion is that Justin Hollins heads a list for that particular role that also includes Tre Lamar, Emeke Egbule, Jahlani Tavai, and perhaps Andrew Van Ginkel or E.J. Ejiya.

There are some others I'd like to look into but I don't have high expectations.

If I'm not being dogmatic about height then Khalil Hodge could fit as well.

More projection, but Brian Burns fits the physical profile and obviously offers the most as a pass rusher. Not sure they view that type of fit as worth the 13th pick, though.

Yeah I think you have it there, they're not going to use a high pick on a player like this because the transition is too uncertain. Otherwise guys like Jachai Polite and D'Andre Walker would probably fit the bill, as opposed to a Brian Burns or a Montez Sweat.

I think you're drafting a Brian Burns or Montez Sweat because you really want them to rush the hell out of the passer, not because you think they're attractive linebackers.

When I've got a fever I sort of imagine that Chase Winovich could actually do this. And he probably can because he can do just about anything. But you'd probably like to see if he can be a premier pass rusher before you try him out at a half-Box/half-OLB role.

Wish the Dolphins could trade for Genard Avery, especially now that Steve Wilks is in town and Genard's fortunes may be down because of that.

Mack Wilson is dripping with upside. Has the talent to be the best LB in this class - even better than Devin White. But he just hasn't put it all together yet. He's had some struggles with communication as the signal caller in Bama's defense. He's a 1st round pick if he comes out early. Great feel for coverage and elite ball skills for a linebacker. DB level ball skills. I think he'll be a better pro linebacker than a college linebacker. He's built more to defend what the NFL likes to do.

WOW, now I am a big fan of yours TedSlimmJr. If only our draft experts could see what you saw. Mack Wilson already looks like the best LB of the class. He is a Monster with the Browns, having impact plays all over TC and two INTs in his first preseason game. For a 5th round I guess we could have had him!!!!!!

WOW, now I am a big fan of yours TedSlimmJr. If only our draft experts could see what you saw. Mack Wilson already looks like the best LB of the class. He is a Monster with the Browns, having impact plays all over TC and two INTs in his first preseason game. For a 5th round I guess we could have had him!!!!!!

Yeah unfortunately the Mack Wilson you saw last night was absent last season for Alabama. He didn't play with enough discipline - just out of position way too many times. Especially in his run fits. He's best on passing downs which fits into the way the NFL is played.

Apparently we put too much on his plate last season in terms of directing and aligning others as the signal caller in the defense. He's a beast when he only has to worry about where he's supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom