Slimm's 2019 Offensive Line (underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Offensive Line (underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Tackle/Guard:

1. Jawaan Taylor / Florida / 6'5", 312

2. Jonah Williams / Alabama / 6'4", 302

3. Cody Ford / Oklahoma / 6'4", 329

4. David Edwards / Wisconsin / 6'6", 308

5. Tyler Roemer** / San Diego St. / 6'6", 312

6. Greg Little / Ole Miss / 6'5", 310

7. Bobby Evans / Oklahoma / 6'4", 312

Guard/Center:

1. Erik McCoy / Texas A&M / 6'4", 303

2. Connor McGovern / Penn St. / 6'5", 308

3. Michael Jordan / Ohio St. / 6'6", 312

4. Ryan Bates / Penn St. / 6'4", 306

5. Nate Herbig / Stanford / 6'3", 335

Last edited:
A big reason the SEC is as good as it is is because of the fact they just clean up at OT and DT. Look at any draft list and it's littered with SEC OT's and DT's at the top.

Jawaan Taylor sticking with his commitment to Miami sure would have things looking a lot differently on that line right now.

T.J. McCoy is one of the quickest you'll ever see at the pivot. Kid is often 2 steps into a reach block by the time anybody else on Florida's offensive line has even moved. Reminds me of Rodney Hudson coming out of Florida St.

Nice shout on him.

Yeah, Tony McCoy's kid... dad was a defensive tackle for Florida under Spurrier in the early 90's and went on to play for the Colts for almost a decade.

T.J. originally signed with N.C. State but transferred to UF to be with his dad as he battled leukemia. Heck of a kid. Nice player.

T.J. McCoy is one of the quickest you'll ever see at the pivot. Kid is often 2 steps into a reach block by the time anybody else on Florida's offensive line has even moved. Reminds me of Rodney Hudson coming out of Florida St.

He is quick off the snap. Hell of an athlete but gets overpowered at times. Still young so all kinds of time add strength.

Should be the best gator oline since they used to be good ... if the guards hold up. Mullen needs a good line to run his offense so that's at least a step in the right direction.

Some teams will hate his height. He's listed 6'1" and we'll have to see about that. Athletic limitations will also figure into this as well. When you get him into 2nd gear, he starts to break down and he starts moving like a short-fat guy.

But he carries a lot of weight on that short frame, which gives him some good anchor, and his initial steps will remind you of someone like Rodney Hudson or Shaq Mason. Really shoots his hands too.

That position is tough. When you're short and not an awesome athlete, you end up in the 4th round like Brian Allen. But the flip side of that argument is the position is full of standouts who were drafted in Day 3 or not at all.

They can go ahead and give Erik McCoy the Remington. That is one fine looking NFL prospect. Elite prospect in my opinion.

EDIT: Although it might be at LG at the next level. Needs to clean up on some calls. Seeing too many free rushers coming through aTm's offensive line. They better have that fixed by the time Clemson comes calling next Saturday night.

Last edited:
Most Underrated: Erik McCoy, Gus Lavaka, Cody Ford, Tyler Roemer.

Most Overrated: David Edwards, Jake Hanson.

Center Bryce Harris of Toledo looks like a future star.could be a nice 7th round pick

Glad to see Jonah Williams listed highly. Saw the kid dominate both sides of the ball at Folsom HS for a couple seasons. You don't typically see a true freshman start on the line for Nick Saban. But Jonah is the real deal.

Can he play LT at the next level? Or will he be a RT or even play inside?

Glad to see Jonah Williams listed highly. Saw the kid dominate both sides of the ball at Folsom HS for a couple seasons. You don't typically see a true freshman start on the line for Nick Saban. But Jonah is the real deal.

Can he play LT at the next level? Or will he be a RT or even play inside?

Depends on the system. I think he can play LT in some schemes at the next level. Although some teams value length over anything else at the tackle spots - even value it over whether or not a kid can play.

We'll be able to make a much more educated projection for Jonah after knowing what his measurements are (arm length). But there's nothing technical that I can see that prevents him from being the best in this class.

Depends on the system. I think he can play LT in some schemes at the next level. Although some teams value length over anything else at the tackle spots - even value it over whether or not a kid can play.

We'll be able to make a much more educated projection for Jonah after knowing what his measurements are (arm length). But there's nothing technical that I can see that prevents him from being the best in this class.

Just curious, would you be in favor of the Dolphins considering him with their 1st pick (assuming it's not going to be in the top 5)?

I realize they need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball -- and a QB -- but o-line is obviously a big need too. I think Jonah could be a great add with Tunsil for bookend tackles or a really nice guard. He's been pretty durable too.

Just got done watching some Logan Stenberg, and I see why you like him. Very strong, puts himself in good position. Even when the DL gets under him, he doesn't move back much. Less important to me, but many of Snell's running lanes are right behind Stenberg - sometimes when he's pulling. I only saw one iffy pass-pro rep vs FL, where he looked a little off-balance, but he recovered pretty well, and his base and ability to mirror for a big man is what will allow him to play (early, I expect) and excel in the NFL.

Did a quick look at media rankings, and they're lower on him, so I'm wondering if he'll declare, but he looks ready to me. Would love to add his skillset on Day 2.

Back
Top Bottom