4. Jordan Ta’amu / Ole Miss / 6’3”, 221

5. Easton Stick / N. Dakota St. / 6’1”, 224

6. Drew Anderson / Murray St. / 6'4", 222

7. Brett Rypien / Boise St. / 6'2", 210

8. Gardner Minshew / Washington St. / 6'1", 225

9. Will Grier / W. Virginia / 6'2", 217

10. Kyle Shurmur / Vanderbilt / 6'4", 230

Last edited:
Drew Anderson has decided to transfer out of University of Buffalo...to MURRAY STATE. Breaking now.

He's a graduate transfer, so he will play immediately.

Couldn't get a better offer than MURRAY STATE? Kid showed he could be starting a ton of different FBS teams.

Give him to me at South Florida, FFS.

Drew Anderson has decided to transfer out of University of Buffalo...to MURRAY STATE. Breaking now.

He's a graduate transfer, so he will play immediately.

Couldn't get a better offer than MURRAY STATE? Kid showed he could be starting a ton of different FBS teams.

Give him to me at South Florida, FFS.

USF got Blake Barnett. Although I agree in regards to Drew Anderson. I think college football programs and the NFL are both behind at the moment on that kid.

Low or high? Seems about right to me.

I mean, I'm not the fan of Eric Dungey that Slimm is, but I'm a far bigger fan of Nick Fitzgerald than Slimm evidently is, so that probably washes out.

When I watch Clayton Thorson play, watch his feet, the way he carries himself, throw process, arm, accuracy, all of that...he looks like a pro to me. He had a poor year, as Northwestern lost some pieces in 2017. He had crap protection and it showed all over the place. There was also just some curious sloppiness from parts of the skill unit at times. With that around him, it didn't always go very well when they dropped back to pass.

Oddly, and sadly given how easily over-matched Northwestern's offensive line and skill units seemed to be in 2017, the defense he faced where I really thought everything around Thorson calmed down enough to actually get an evaluation was the Michigan State game. I say sadly because I can't help but think man, how far Dantonio's team has fallen.

Granted, Bowling Green and Nevada were defenses that a Clayton Thorson was bound to dice up regardless of how things are going with Northwestern's offense relative to its competition.

Thorson is by far the best QB in the 2019 class IMO. I gave Herbert a late 1 and have him #2
Low or high? Seems about right to me.

I mean, I'm not the fan of Eric Dungey that Slimm is, but I'm a far bigger fan of Nick Fitzgerald than Slimm evidently is, so that probably washes out.

When I watch Clayton Thorson play, watch his feet, the way he carries himself, throw process, arm, accuracy, all of that...he looks like a pro to me. He had a poor year, as Northwestern lost some pieces in 2017. He had crap protection and it showed all over the place. There was also just some curious sloppiness from parts of the skill unit at times. With that around him, it didn't always go very well when they dropped back to pass.

Oddly, and sadly given how easily over-matched Northwestern's offensive line and skill units seemed to be in 2017, the defense he faced where I really thought everything around Thorson calmed down enough to actually get an evaluation was the Michigan State game. I say sadly because I can't help but think man, how far Dantonio's team has fallen.

Granted, Bowling Green and Nevada were defenses that a Clayton Thorson was bound to dice up regardless of how things are going with Northwestern's offense relative to its competition.

I could be convinced to throw in a Clayton Thorson above Kyle Kempt, maybe Drew Lock...but for now I don't see putting him above Drew Anderson, Nick Fitzgerald, or Ryan Finley. Just my personal opinion. And if we're including the juniors like you have with Justin Herbert then I find you've got to reckon with Jake Bentley, Brian Lewerke, possibly others like Tyree Jackson, Daniel Jones, and Khalil Tate.

Clayton Thorson needs to put it all together. He doesn't have the pure nuclear play making power that Josh Allen did to where you can just evaluate him high off his look and smell, dismissing the extensive amount of struggling.

Thorson is by far the best QB in the 2019 class IMO. I gave Herbert a late 1 and have him #2
If Thorson is the best in the upcoming draft, that draft has major issues. I don't know what you see to be honest. I would potentially rate Grier and Stidham over Thorson as well.

This is why Slimm and I are so high on Drew Anderson, despite the fact he's got only four games of FBS experience and will now try and resurrect Murray State from the dregs of the FCS (while earning his Masters Degree).

This is why Slimm and I are so high on Drew Anderson, despite the fact he's got only four games of FBS experience and will now try and resurrect Murray State from the dregs of the FCS (while earning his Masters Degree).

Ill be honest. I have never seen Anderson play. Watching this video though, there is something mechanically that is just not pleasing to the eye. From his arm action(which seems super inconsistent) to his footwork. I cant quite put my finger on it.

Ill be honest. I have never seen Anderson play. Watching this video though, there is something mechanically that is just not pleasing to the eye. From his arm action(which seems super inconsistent) to his footwork. I cant quite put my finger on it.

chloe.gif

Back
Top Bottom