Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Easton Stick's Combine Measurables:

Height: 6012 (18th percentile)
Weight: 224 lbs (56th percentile)
Hand: 9 1/4 inches (26th percentile)
Arm: 32 1/8 inches (51st percentile)
Wingspan: 76 1/2 inches (61st percentile)
Forty Run: 4.62 seconds (88th percentile)
Short Shuttle: 4.05 seconds (96th percentile)
Cone Drill: 6.65 seconds (98th percentile)
Vertical Jump: 33.5 inches (76th percentile)
Broad Jump: 118 inches (87th percentile)

Here is Stick's full season of 2018, minus two games I couldn't get. It's about 2 hours long. Lots of additional info in the Description.

How did Jordan Ta’amu and Jarrett Stidham do? Wouldn’t mind either in a Dolphin uni.

Nothing special, either of them. With both those guys, you’re either buying them off their tape, or you’re not. There’s not really much new info to glean in the post season process. They measure and test how you’d think. Their All Star work was against similar competition as they faced at their schools, and they did about how they did at their schools. Nothing new.

Do you buy them off their tape?

I do not.

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-h...be-tom-brady-nc-state-quarterback-ryan-finley

Interesting article up here in the frozen tundra on Ryan Finley. I don't know anything about him, or any college QB honestly. Just thought I'd share.
Yeah he comes off his back foot on the drop just like Brady, I pointed this out when I looked at his reps..His timing is really good, drop, plant, fire, similar to the goat in that regard..He’s 24 so he should have his timing down.

There are reports that Miami sent someone in the past week to North Dakota to enquire in detail about Easton Stick from North Dakota State Bisons. (Timing to head there immediately post Combine suggests that the Dolphins evaluators probably like what they saw and heard and are doing the due diligence). He's pretty short (6'1"), 224 lbs, big butt and quite mobile. Watching his highlight video above in the games against North Alabama and Delaware, he was able to make some nice accurate throws when under pressure but the competition was not stellar. Fairly hard to judge given limitations in the receiving talent he's throwing to - but he looked pretty good and he's not afraid to scramble. He may be a mid/late round prospect flying under the radar.

Easton Stick - player bio:
Taking over the starting job from future No. 2 overall draft pick and NFL starter Carson Wentz in 2015, Stick went undefeated in eight starts and led the team to a FCS title (90-of-147, 61.2 completion percentage, 1,144 yards, 13 touchdowns, four interceptions; 85 carries, 498 yards, 5.9 ypc, five touchdowns rushing). The team did not win a championship in 2016, but Stick received honorable mention All-Missouri Valley Football Conference honors (169-of-288, 58.7 completion percentage, 2,331 yards, 19 touchdowns, eight interceptions; 133 carries, 685 yards, 6.1 ypc, seven touchdowns rushing). The Bison became champs again in 2017, with Stick earning the title game's Most Valuable Player award. He also repeated honorable mention all-conference accolades as a junior (164-of-264, 62.1 completion percentage, 2,466 yards, 28 touchdowns, eight interceptions). Stick led NDSU to yet another FCS title in 2018, starting all 15 contests, completing 62.3 percent of his passes for 2,752 yards, 28 touchdowns, and seven interceptions. The Walter Payton Award (top player in FCS) and first-team Associated Press All-American was a major weapon on the ground, ranking third in the FCS with 17 rushing touchdowns (117 carries, 677 yards, 5.8 ypc).

Last edited:
Possibley a nice investment but it’s doubtfull Stick would see the field this year and he’s not beating out a first round QB next year so I don’t know that I give a mid round pick for Stick. Now if for some reason you think he could be ready to see the field this season I’m in.

There are reports that Miami sent someone in the past week to North Dakota to enquire in detail about Easton Stick from North Dakota State Bisons. (Timing to head there immediately post Combine suggests that the Dolphins evaluators probably like what they saw and heard and are doing the due diligence). He's pretty short (6'1"), 224 lbs, big butt and quite mobile. Watching his highlight video above in the games against North Alabama and Delaware, he was able to make some nice accurate throws when under pressure but the competition was not stellar. Fairly hard to judge given limitations in the receiving talent he's throwing to - but he looked pretty good and he's not afraid to scramble. He may be a mid/late round prospect flying under the radar.

Easton Stick - player bio:
Taking over the starting job from future No. 2 overall draft pick and NFL starter Carson Wentz in 2015, Stick went undefeated in eight starts and led the team to a FCS title (90-of-147, 61.2 completion percentage, 1,144 yards, 13 touchdowns, four interceptions; 85 carries, 498 yards, 5.9 ypc, five touchdowns rushing). The team did not win a championship in 2016, but Stick received honorable mention All-Missouri Valley Football Conference honors (169-of-288, 58.7 completion percentage, 2,331 yards, 19 touchdowns, eight interceptions; 133 carries, 685 yards, 6.1 ypc, seven touchdowns rushing). The Bison became champs again in 2017, with Stick earning the title game's Most Valuable Player award. He also repeated honorable mention all-conference accolades as a junior (164-of-264, 62.1 completion percentage, 2,466 yards, 28 touchdowns, eight interceptions). Stick led NDSU to yet another FCS title in 2018, starting all 15 contests, completing 62.3 percent of his passes for 2,752 yards, 28 touchdowns, and seven interceptions. The Walter Payton Award (top player in FCS) and first-team Associated Press All-American was a major weapon on the ground, ranking third in the FCS with 17 rushing touchdowns (117 carries, 677 yards, 5.8 ypc).

His athleticism has never been the issue and he tested just how i thought he would, the problem with him is his ability to read a defense, go through his progressions, and find the proper receiver. He misses a high amount of receivers due to poor decisions but was able to recover at the FCS level due to just how much time he had with the talented line and making things happen after the play. I would bet that come week 1 of the season he will not even be on an NFL roster as a QB, he is an intriguing WR prospect though.

The reason I am here though Slimm is to ask you your thoughts on Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern. The more I watch him and the more and study him, the more I like him. He seems like a strong developmental QB.

His athleticism has never been the issue and he tested just how i thought he would, the problem with him is his ability to read a defense, go through his progressions, and find the proper receiver. He misses a high amount of receivers due to poor decisions but was able to recover at the FCS level due to just how much time he had with the talented line and making things happen after the play. I would bet that come week 1 of the season he will not even be on an NFL roster as a QB, he is an intriguing WR prospect though.

The reason I am here though Slimm is to ask you your thoughts on Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern. The more I watch him and the more and study him, the more I like him. He seems like a strong developmental QB.

Thorson has been my top Senior QB throughout - However, I’ve recently dropped him because I felt like I had to in order for my evaluation process to work the way it’s supposed to.

I wanted to see Thorson show what he could do against Drew Lock and the other QB’s during the week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Never happened because Thorson pulled out with injury.

I waited to see it again at the combine. Again it never happened. He keeps missing all the opportunities to keep himself at the top of my list. Meanwhile, Lock and a few others have improved their stock in my eyes.

Bottom line is, even if I end up with Lock as my top Senior quarterback, it still doesn’t mean I trust him. Just means I stayed true to my process. I’m probably still going to end up with Thorson and Finley ahead of Lock, but that’s in my gut. I still let the process play out.

Thorson has been my top Senior QB throughout - However, I’ve recently dropped him because I felt like I had to in order for my evaluation process to work the way it’s supposed to.

I wanted to see Thorson show what he could do against Drew Lock and the other QB’s during the week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Never happened because Thorson pulled out with injury.

I waited to see it again at the combine. Again it never happened. He keeps missing all the opportunities to keep himself at the top of my list. Meanwhile, Lock and a few others have improved their stock in my eyes.

Bottom line is, even if I end up with Lock as my top Senior quarterback, it still doesn’t mean I trust him. Just means I stayed true to my process. I’m probably still going to end up with Thorson and Finley ahead of Lock, but that’s in my gut. I still let the process play out.
That's what I was kind of getting at, he could turn into a hell of a steel in the draft if things don't improve for him.

Last time I spoke with his agent (friend of mine), Drew was set to participate in the Western Kentucky pro day on March 20th, but they were attempting to see if he could instead participate in the Kentucky pro day on March 22nd.

His agent is not a guy that will typically BS me and he says that Drew has been in the 4.7's in training. I'd typically interpret that as him running in the 4.8's at the pro day. Then again, nailing it dead to rights in the 4.7's wouldn't surprise me either.

Damond Talbot of Draft Diamonds put this together for his Murray season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom