Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Last time I spoke with his agent (friend of mine), Drew was set to participate in the Western Kentucky pro day on March 20th, but they were attempting to see if he could instead participate in the Kentucky pro day on March 22nd.

His agent is not a guy that will typically BS me and he says that Drew has been in the 4.7's in training. I'd typically interpret that as him running in the 4.8's at the pro day. Then again, nailing it dead to rights in the 4.7's wouldn't surprise me either.

Damond Talbot of Draft Diamonds put this together for his Murray season.

Despite the 3/4 arm throwing motion, he seems to throw a really nice ball. I know it's just a highlight clip, but In those clips he was almost always throwing in traffic, and still showed good accuracy. He obviously passes the eye test and is pretty athletic for his size. Do you think a pro team would adjust his mechanics on that throwing motion? It looks to me like he's not getting all the velocity he can due to the arm motion even though his arm strength didn't look bad in that clip. As a UM fan, it makes me sick to see a kid like this playing his senior year at Murray State in 2018, while we trotted out the kids we did under center. Anyway, I really like your two QB prospect bogeys at QB this year. Maybe we use that 2019 7th round pick that we just picked up for Tanny on this kid. There definitely appears to be some upside despite his lack of pedigree.

It's not the 3/4 delivery so much as his falling away from the throw with his footwork and weight transfer that I would think they want to work on. I'm not a quarterbacks coach by any means but I would think you'd want to see him step through his throws more, unless he's on the move.

When I watch his feet, fairly often after he releases the football and he's got all his weight on the front leg, the next step you see him take with his right foot is backwards, like he's actually pushing himself backwards with that front leg instead of getting over the front leg.

Again, I'm not a quarterbacks coach. But I would think you'd want to get him to follow through better.

These are hella impressive measurements. Wow. I was warned Drew Anderson would run in the 4.7’s but a 36 inch vertical and 6.89 cone drill? At a full 6’4” and 225 lbs? With that kind of arm and ability to layer the football?

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-21_13-0-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-21_13-0-47.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
I’m told he missed 4 throws, suffered a few drops. Looked good. Obviously got at least one scouts attention, the one who texted that to Allbright.

Miami’s not in on him but he’s still an interesting prospect.

Drew Anderson is signing with the Arizona Cardinals.

No-brainer for him.

Arizona's QB3 is Charles Kanoff the second-year player out of Princeton who comes in unfamiliar with Kliff Kingsbury's offense. Kanoff had a 67 passer rating in 2018 preseason for the Cardinals.

Anderson on the other hand ran a derivation of Kingsbury's offense in college.

Once he dusts Kanoff in camp/preseason to catch on as QB3 then he will probably be on practice squad or scout team, if not the regular season roster. And honestly beating Brett Hundley is not out of the question, since Hundley is not actually all that good.

Back
Top Bottom