Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Slimm has mentioned this already but Drew Anderson has really hit his stride with Murray State. We have been talking about him for a long time now. His team scored another 34 points today in a clobbering of Eastern Kentucky, who had entered the game 3-3.

Murray State has now scored 172 points in the last 4 games, won all 4 games, and are 4-0 in the Ohio Valley Conference.

Over the stretch, Drew Anderson is 95 of 149 for 1,159 yards, 11 TDs and 3 INTs, with 4 sacks. He's added 27 runs for 186 yards and 3 more TDs on the ground.

The Racers are on top of a conference they haven't won since 2002. That was the last time they went to the playoffs, as well. They lost in the 1st round.

They have a shot of winning 6 to 8 games this year, depending on the outcome of tough upcoming games against Jacksonville State and SE Missouri State. They haven't won 7 games since 2011. They haven't won 8 games since Houston Nutt was coaching them in 1996.

Last year they won 3 games. They have a 0.333 record over the last 5 years before Anderson got there. He's 0.571 right now with a shot at being anywhere from 0.545 to 0.727, pending playoff action.

This is exactly what he needed to do to stay on radar. He's ended up in a bad situation IMO, because with only one year of eligibility his options for transfer were quite slim, and so he ended up on a bad football team. For three games, they continued to be bad, and he was bad with them (51 of 98 for 477 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 3 sacks, 8 runs for 12 yards and no TDs).

But as a late transfer, it was always going to be a while before he could really establish himself and help them to BUILD an offense...and that's what they're doing. A year ago they scored just 21 points per game. The last four games they've scored 43 points per game.

Watching Oregon at Wash State right now, Minshew for Wash State tearing them apart at the moment, is he a prospect ?

He is. Smart guy. Was going to be taken onto Alabama as essentially a coach/graduate assistant, but decided to go to Washington State instead for a shot at playing.

Ultimately he doesn't have the arm talent that will get him high marks for an NFL prospect. Like many of these guys, he can make a lot of throws, short, long, intermediate. But the NFL will want guys that can generate more velocity than Minshew can get.

I think his arm is stronger than Daniel Jones, though.

Gardner Minshew strikes me as a spitting image of Matt Moore. He's got that mentality and he's got Moore's IQ. He doesn't have better than Moore's arm talent.

Reviewed Drew Anderson's Eastern Kentucky game. I'll be putting up the video a bit later maybe tomorrow night.

He'd been doing really well in the previous three games against UT Martin, Tennessee State, and Eastern Illinois. But this game against Eastern Kentucky was the first time you could tell he felt as comfortable and as in the zone as he was in Buffalo when he had to come in for an injured Tyree Jackson.

This game was played in a high wind, and he was throwing strikes all over the place, evading pressure, running, etc. His guys dropped a lot of balls on him. But the arm strength really shined with the wind being what it was. The two Eastern Kentucky QBs were struggling.

The only two QB's worth a first round pick where we will be picking (14-22), and I am a believer in replacing Tannehill with QUALITY sooner than later:

I disagree about Lock. That kid doesn’t look like an NFL QB.

YEah watching that video, he's just not that impressive. Dunno something about him just looks like one of those guys who's waiting for something to happen rather than making it it, think he would take as many sacks as Tannehill does in the NFL.

Samford's Devlin Hodges is a nice developmental prospect, although I'm admittedly a little biased. I know the kid and met his parents several years ago. He played at Mortimer Jordan who used to be in our region for a few years when we were 5A before we moved up to 6A. He lit Florida St. up for almost 500 yards earlier in the season when they almost upset the Seminoles in Tallahassee.

I think teams will like what they find in terms of his background and where he comes from. Solid kid. Has some tools to develop.

As promised, Drew Anderson vs Eastern Kentucky. Very windy conditions but he shined anyway because he throws an NFL ball. This will have scouts drooling, regardless of where he plays.

The next video I'll be uploading will be Drew Anderson against Tennessee State. But there's one play guys like me will pay attention to in that game and it wasn't a highlight for Drew. He threw an outlet pass to a running back who went to the right sidelines inside the red zone and had the ball stripped out of his hands by a defensive back and returned for a 90 yard score that was called back.

That defensive back, John Robinson IV, was a former wide receiver/corner/safety who was a top 50 recruit out of New Jersey. Drew Anderson was in the middle of hashes at the same distance from the opposite end zone when he noticed that Robinson had grabbed the ball and was running the other way. Drew takes off at a dead sprint, and even though Robinson is already in a higher gear by the time Drew starts accelerating, he comes THIS close to catching him just shy of the end zone. He outran the defensive back on distance. It's actually a nice moment where you can sort of get a feel for what Anderson's Flying-20 will be when he runs the 40 at his pro day.

Starts at about 13:18.

Then there's the Eastern Illinois game...

Haha is this where everyone is hanging out now?

We're on Qb draft watch!

Unreal.

Back
Top Bottom