Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Yes CK... how much would you give up for Murray?

Howard and the 13th?.... Tunsil and the 13th?.......2019 & 2020 1st rounders?

As I said in another thread, I could see us taking the route that the Eagles took to get Wentz a couple years ago.

Before the draft they traded up with us to #8. (We got 13, Kiko and Maxwell - which ended up being Tunsil).

And then on draft day they traded from 8 to 2.

I could see us actually taking this exact path.

From 13 to 8 with Detroit, giving up 13, someone like Charles Harris and a secondary piece in McCain or McDonald.

The Eagles then gave up #8, a third- and fourth-round selection in the 2017 draft, and a 1st and 2nd in 2018. The Eagles also got a conditional fifth-round pick (a compensatory fourth-rounder, if available) from the Browns in 2018.

The total price to get up to 2 in this scenario (and based off of what Philly did) would be:

#13, Charles Harris, Bobby McCain, our 3rd round pick, our 4th round pick, our 2020 1st, our 2020 2nd

Jesus that is so much to give up. At that point look at another prospect. Someone like Grier or Lock, and just keep to your board.

Yes CK... how much would you give up for Murray?

Howard and the 13th?.... Tunsil and the 13th?.......2019 & 2020 1st rounders?

I would protect the 2020 first rounder because Steve Ross intends to tank this team, which means that pick will be very high.

But anything below that is fair game, including multiple 2nd/3rd round picks in 2019/2020.

I very much doubt Xavien Howard/1st rounder is a realistic scenario. Nor is Laremy Tunsil/1st rounder.

But all this depends on where Kyler Murray is slated to go. If it's too high, it's too high. We're picking #13 not #5. If it's too high you circle back to position in 2020 and go from there. I like Jordan Love. I like Justin Herbert well enough. If we don't have a Kyler Murray we may very well find ourselves in position to take Tua Tagovailoa. Jake Fromm is worthy of consideration as well.

I would protect the 2020 first rounder because Steve Ross intends to tank this team, which means that pick will be very high.

But anything below that is fair game, including multiple 2nd/3rd round picks in 2019/2020.

I very much doubt Xavien Howard/1st rounder is a realistic scenario. Nor is Laremy Tunsil/1st rounder.

But all this depends on where Kyler Murray is slated to go. If it's too high, it's too high. We're picking #13 not #5. If it's too high you circle back to position in 2020 and go from there. I like Jordan Love. I like Justin Herbert well enough. If we don't have a Kyler Murray we may very well find ourselves in position to take Tua Tagovailoa. Jake Fromm is worthy of consideration as well.

When you say “not a realistic scenario”... regarding trading one of our young players that have value... are you suggesting that it’s not enough value? Or too much? Please elaborate....

I personally would trade Howard and and first to get at the QB we want... Tunsil has a higher value to me and is needed too much for the young QB you would be getting.

I’m not enamored with Tua but there are others.

You seem sold on Kyler Murray...if you feel that strongly and had the power...I feel you go get that QB even if you overpay. If the Dolphins had taken that approach and practiced “The Ron Wolf philosophy” I think the recent history would be much different. I’m a little confused by the concept that you (third person) feel a player is a superstar, generational, gonna crush the league...and the quibble about how much it costs to get him? In reality if a GM is completely sold on Kyler Murray... go all in... we don’t need the 2020 pick to get the QB, if we get him now.... if we get Murray we’re going to win some games and not pick as high anyway...I would estimate.

I don’t feel the importance of the QB position can be overstated in this league... now more than ever.

The QB is like the Queen in chess!

Last edited:
You seem sold on Kyler Murray...if you feel that strongly and had the power...I feel you go get that QB even if you overpay. If the Dolphins had taken that approach and practiced “The Ron Wolf philosophy” I think the recent history would be much different. I’m a little confused by the concept that you (third person) feel a player is a superstar, generational, gonna crush the league...and the quibble about how much it costs to get him? In reality if a GM is completely sold on Kyler Murray... go all in... we don’t need the 2020 pick to get the QB, if we get him now.... if we get Murray we’re going to win some games and not pick as high anyway...I would estimate.

I don’t feel the importance of the QB position can be overstated in this league... now more than ever.

The QB is like the Queen in chess!

The problem is that there's got to be some doubt there. I watched him a few times this year and think the kid is awesome but its hard to completely discount those nagging thoughts on size and durability in the pros. He just isn't a Luck/Manning/Elway type.

I'd still draft him if the offensive coaches were on board for no other reason than the fact that this team desperately needs something to entertain its fans. Even if he turned out to be a trainwreck it would be more fun to watch that what's been on the field these past few years.

Been off today checking out Daniel Jones for the first time. I’ll be that guy, I’m much higher on Jones than anyone else seems to be on this board.

The problem is that there's got to be some doubt there. I watched him a few times this year and think the kid is awesome but its hard to completely discount those nagging thoughts on size and durability in the pros. He just isn't a Luck/Manning/Elway type.

I'd still draft him if the offensive coaches were on board for no other reason than the fact that this team desperately needs something to entertain its fans. Even if he turned out to be a trainwreck it would be more fun to watch that what's been on the field these past few years.

Luck hasn't exactly been the posterchild of durability.

Jesus that is so much to give up. At that point look at another prospect. Someone like Grier or Lock, and just keep to your board.

If Kyler ends up being a Michael Vick type with much better accuracy & pocket awareness and Grier/Lock turn out to be Andy Dalton or Alex Smith, will you care how many picks were traded?

If Kyler ends up being a Michael Vick type with much better accuracy & pocket awareness and Grier/Lock turn out to be Andy Dalton or Alex Smith, will you care how many picks were traded?

I’d give up anything except 2020 picks. Way to valuable seeing as even with Murray we might get the #1 pick. That pick is pure gold if you already have your QB.

Tannehill in his wet dreams never had the touch or pocket presence Jones has.

So you want Miami to draft a QB with a weak arm with a career college completion percentage below 60%, a career ypa of 6.2 and a less than 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio in his career? You must hate winning.

Back
Top Bottom