Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Just go top DL or OL with first 2 picks. Then grab Trace Mcsorley in the 3rd. Dude is a competitor! Baker Mayfield type competitor!! Then let him and Falk battle it out.

Just go top DL or OL with first 2 picks. Then grab Trace Mcsorley in the 3rd. Dude is a competitor! Baker Mayfield type competitor!! Then let him and Falk battle it out.

Why draft McSorley in the 3rd when you can sign him as a undrafted free agent?

You want another Tannehill type player go draft Daniel Jones he’s got Tannehill written all over him. Me personally? I want to stay away from those types. Kids Tannehill lite.

Why draft McSorley in the 3rd when you can sign him as a undrafted free agent?

Draft him lower then but that dude will get drafted!! Plus like most others u won't give a undrafted or low round pick a chance. Always has to b a high pick then it is gripe that he is a bust.

Draft him lower then but that dude will get drafted!! Plus like most others u won't give a undrafted or low round pick a chance. Always has to b a high pick then it is gripe that he is a bust.

That's not true. Two of our lower-drafted defensive linemen (Godchaux and Taylor) were drafted in rounds 5 and 6 and proved to be worth it. If a player is good he will make a team and play. Just because he was a good college QB doesn't mean his game translates to the NFL.

If he wants to come here as an undrafted player, I'm cool with that. But I certainly wouldn't waste a draft pick on him.

This is a good setting for a quarterback like Jarrett Stidham to look good also - he's not facing a pass rush - which is where he falls off a cliff. Arm strength was never an issue for Stidham, which is why he'll come away from the Senior Bowl with some buzz. Just don't go back and watch the tape if you want to like him.

I don't know that Daniel Jones has Tannehill's arm strength, which is actually pretty solid. That was never the issue. I am not there live but the deep crossing pattern drill was interesting. It didn't look from my TV set that Jones drove the football well.

There was a sideline throw that Daniel Jones threw really nicely. I'm not exactly sure how much pace it had on it but it had nice spin and was excellently placed. Of course, Terry McLaurin got ridiculously open against the coverage, when he really shouldn't have been that open on that route against that coverage technique, and that provided a pretty wide window from a timing perspective for Jones to pop the ball into. Still, it was a nice throw all told. A pro throw.

So i've had some down time at work recently with a few upcoming trials settling and I've been watching some OU games. I really like Kyler Murray.

He has excellent footwork (probably from baseball), a good arm, and he seems to have a good idea of what the defense is doing pre-snap.

I'm all in on this guy.

P.S. i see how scouting can become addicting and a hobby. I just don't have much time for it unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom