Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

There was a sideline throw that Daniel Jones threw really nicely. I'm not exactly sure how much pace it had on it but it had nice spin and was excellently placed. Of course, Terry McLaurin got ridiculously open against the coverage, when he really shouldn't have been that open on that route against that coverage technique, and that provided a pretty wide window from a timing perspective for Jones to pop the ball into. Still, it was a nice throw all told. A pro throw.

With your added input on Murray, I've been on the Murray bandwagon at almost all cost (moving up in draft) but after seeing a few of his recent interviews I'm beginning to have second thoughts as to his actual desire to be in the NFL over MLB and a bit concerned what it would be like dealing with a guy with this type of attitude... Like the talent, just see the head that drives and runs that talent as having the large potential of being a major head case...

Think if we could get a QB in this draft we could start the building now and throw the Tank out the window and basically not getting the maximin out of the 2019 seasons rebuild start...Are those 2020 QB that much better than a Haskins and Lock ????

Last edited:
With your added input on Murray, I've been on the Murray bandwagon at almost all cost (moving up in draft) but after seeing a few of his recent interviews I'm beginning to have second thoughts as to his actual desire to be in the NFL over MLB and a bit concerned what it would be like dealing with a guy with this type of attitude... Like the talent, just see the head that drives and runs that talent as having the large potential of being a major head case...

Think if we could get a QB in this draft we could start the building now and throw the Tank out the window and basically not getting the maximin out of the 2019 seasons rebuild start...Are those 2020 QB that much better than a Haskins and Lock ????

My advice: don't eat the cheese.

I mean, what you seem to be telling me is that you've evaluated a quarterback and you like him. But now he did an interview with Dan Patrick during which members of the media kept trying to trick him into revealing or commenting on the most important decision he will make in his career, a decision that by all accounts he hasn't made yet, and he didn't give them what they wanted, and now you're like "Pfff whoa boy I don't know if I want this guy anymore..."

I mean, come on. You gotta pull yourself out of the daily media melodrama.

Exactly what from the Dan Patrick Show will have any bearing whatsoever on him winning or not winning Super Bowls with an NFL team?

I mean, what you seem to be telling me is that you've evaluated a quarterback and you like him. But now he did an interview with Dan Patrick during which members of the media kept trying to trick him into revealing or commenting on the most important decision he will make in his career, a decision that by all accounts he hasn't made yet, and he didn't give them what they wanted, and now you're like "Pfff whoa boy I don't know if I want this guy anymore..."

I mean, come on. You gotta pull yourself out of the daily media melodrama.

Exactly what from the Dan Patrick Show will have any bearing whatsoever on him winning or not winning Super Bowls with an NFL team?

First appreciate the respectable response.

I don't spend a hell of a lot of time on these evaluations as obviously you do. I know that and always try to keep an open mind in understanding, as time goes on. Had much respect for your clearly seen significant life existence and info gathering in making these kind of evaluations and have always considered your opinion much more informed than mine and thus the interest in your thoughts.

More understanding IMO of Media BS than I think most in this forum as experienced in other forum topics and have watch 2 other interviews in which again my opinion at a minimum, wonder if there is possibly complicating values with Murray through his own statements and hearing about others possibly with similar feelings (D. Patrick which I didn't see) but feel gathering more information is usually a good idea, and I try to make my own decisions. For my view would be a large sacrifice (of this Draft) in getting him, but also has potential for a huge catastrophe too, and feel knowing more of his character is probably not only a good idea but essentially sanely critical before giving up so much. Now this attitude he has shown to whatever degree may seem irrelevant in your eyes and is something I will put in my memory banks to consider but IMO its a value worth reflecting on.

My last statement was of interest that if Murray is picked or out, do you think a Haskins or Lock or anyone else is equivalent to those top picks next year in the 2020 Draft. For I feel sacrificing in this years draft and starting with a QB now saves us another year and is worth doing. JMO

How does Haskins rank vs Goff with your charting of velocity?

Jared Goff was a difficult thrower to get a bead on. A lot of his throws lacked velocity. His deep ball was a floater (lots of 'touch').

But there were instances like this:

And this:

Where you saw that he had the potential for better velocity.

Lots of Air Raid guys establish a comfort zone with velocity below their maximum. The key is seeing what happens when they try and drive the ball more consistently. For example, Will Grier fell apart at the Senior Bowl when he tried to do it.

I haven't seen much pro velocity out of Dwayne Haskins but it doesn't mean it won't be there when he tries to squeeze it more. I'm just wondering what he'll lose when he does.

Slimm- you began this thread with Haskins as QB1. It’s unlikely, but there is a possibility he drops. How far- we shall see.
Jags , NYG, Raiders, Wash seem to have made moves or are content at QB.
They are taking a win now approach which I don’t think equates to a young QB given their current QB situations.
Denver= maybe a strong armed Lock?
Cinci=?
Question: Board is Oliver, Haskins, Jonah Williams, Wilkins. How do you rate them for Miami?

1. Oliver

2. Haskins - I've always liked Haskins in this particular draft - but only if he sat for a year. Factor in the offensive line Miami is likely to put on the field and you certainly can't allow this kid to play as a rookie.

3. Williams - If you draft him at #13, this is your starting LG as a rookie. The left side of your offensive line is set for the next 5 years. Now you only need 3 more. Grab a center in Round 2 like Erik McCoy, a RG like Chris Lindstrom, or a RT like Dalton Risner and you're starting to see the plan I talked about come together. 60% of the offensive line you're going to make a superbowl run with in 3 years is starting to get set.

4. Wilkins - Wilkins grades out similar to Williams in my opinion. But the offensive line is a bigger and more pressing project with more pieces needed. Furthermore, where Miami picks in the first 2 days aligns with plucking the best offensive lineman out of this draft. They'll take advantage if they're smart.

1. Oliver

2. Haskins - I've always liked Haskins in this particular draft - but only if he sat for a year. Factor in the offensive line Miami is likely to put on the field and you certainly can't allow this kid to play as a rookie.

3. Williams - If you draft him at #13, this is your starting LG as a rookie. The left side of your offensive line is set for the next 5 years. Now you only need 3 more. Grab a center in Round 2 like Erik McCoy, a RG like Chris Lindstrom, or a RT like Dalton Risner and you're starting to see the plan I talked about come together. 60% of the offensive line you're going to make a superbowl run with in 3 years is starting to get set.

4. Wilkins - Wilkins grades out similar to Williams in my opinion. But the offensive line is a bigger and more pressing project with more pieces needed. Furthermore, where Miami picks in the first 2 days aligns with plucking the best offensive lineman out of this draft. They'll take advantage if they're smart.

Is Williams gonna drop that far in your opinion? I'd love to see the Dolphins take the approach you are advocating in this draft, but the one regret would be losing out on the top shelf d-line talent available in the first two rounds though I think some front line ends and tackles should still be available in the third.

Two more games of Stidham and I'm done thinking he deserves to go anywhere in the first three rounds.

Back
Top Bottom