Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

I think they share some similarities...probably both good and bad. I've witnessed Josh Allen make off platform throws that other QB's can't make that were all arm similar to Jeff George. The TD pass to Fort against Boise St. last year comes to mind. So it seems they share some similarities.

Shea Patterson looked decent against Michigan State. But I see him going back to Michigan next year for another year and trying to win a title with Harbaugh.

Interesting that you have Francois as high as you do. I do think he has a ton of arm talent and it shows, but I also think he doesn't fit exactly what Taggart wants to do on offense.

Interesting that you have Francois as high as you do. I do think he has a ton of arm talent and it shows, but I also think he doesn't fit exactly what Taggart wants to do on offense.

What does Taggart want Francois to do in that offense, exactly? I'm thinking it's somewhere between being target practice or a crash test dummy but it's hard to tell.

Francois has some NFL potential if you ask me ... or at least did until the injury and coaching change. He actually reminds me of Bridgewater a little bit .... maybe not as tough but they play similar.

Francois is a hell of a quarterback when the offensive line isn't up there being a bunch of turnstiles. I think toughness and leadership are two things missing from this quarterback class in general. Francois stands apart in these categories if you ask me.

Francois is a hell of a quarterback when the offensive line isn't up there being a bunch of turnstiles. I think toughness and leadership are two things missing from this quarterback class in general. Francois stands apart in these categories if you ask me.

He's been beaten to hell over his time at FSU and he is tough as hell. LEadership has been something Willie has been working on him with and he has shown improvement this season in that regard.

He's been beaten to hell over his time at FSU and he is tough as hell. LEadership has been something Willie has been working on him with and he has shown improvement this season in that regard.

Francois needs to bolt and enter the draft early in my opinion. I think he'd be picked higher than people think in this QB class. Go somewhere and sit for a year in the NFL rather than come back and risk playing behind that offensive line. His decision to enter the draft early is the one that would make the most sense to me out of every single underclassman on my list.

Francois needs to bolt and enter the draft early in my opinion. I think he'd be picked higher than people think in this QB class. Go somewhere and sit for a year in the NFL rather than come back and risk playing behind that offensive line. His decision to enter the draft early is the one that would make the most sense to me out of every single underclassman on my list.

No doubt, I would hate to lose him, but Willie wants to do certain things with the offense and that is not Francois game. Going to the NFL this year would be his best option especially with Willie's hand-picked guy coming in.

The QB I still like the absolute most for this draft is Dwayne Haskins. The special trait he’s given us the glimpse of most consistently is...consistency. Just overall consistency in the way he’s throwing the ball, seeing the field, anticipating, throwing to a spot.

I get the criticisms. He’s not perfect. If he elected to stay in school and ends up having to compare to some of the guys that could come out in 2020, who knows how that would come out. He could come out below some of them.

But I honestly would not want to assume he’d come out below a bunch of them. The base around which he builds his case as a draft prospect is a really, really strong one. If he starts adding other things to it, e.g. showing better ability to improvise, make plays under pressure, throw on the run, etc...he could rate very high.

I’d be willing to go for him in the 1st round this year. I’m not sure I can say that about any other eligible QB. Admittedly the decision gets a lot tougher if you’re looking at Haskins vs some of the elite DLs, IF you’re a QB-desperate team.

I still really enjoy watching Daniel Jones play. He has some accuracy issues on the run from time to time but he strikes me as a very intriguing prospect.

What the Dolphins are getting out of Brock Osweiler right now is what I imagine is the ceiling for what they could get out of Daniel Jones...except the thing he could add to the mix that Osweiler probably can't is to run for 1st downs when the a hole opens up in the line.

Most Underrated: Deondre Francois. Anticipatory thrower that's tough as a $3 steak. Literally gets blasted on every single throw and has to have his lineman pick him up off the ground. Rinse. Repeat.

Most Overrated: None. I certainly don't believe Herbert is overrated, I just think people forget how little football this kid has played in college. Every quarterback has rough games. I remember Patrick Mahomes looking like a UDFA against Iowa St. in 2016 when he got hammered 66-10.

For my money Ian Book is the best of this class if Herbert doesn't come out. But book probably should go back to school

Back
Top Bottom