Slimm's 2019 Runningbacks (seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Runningbacks (seniors)

Let me ask you something - how does Cameron Scarlett as a better pro running back than teammate Bryce Love hit you?

Hadn't paid attention to him to be honest. I'll watch more, but speed looks good, good frame, and he does look more versatile than Love. Maybe it's the number and size similarities, but I thought of Jordan Wilkins when watching him, and Wilkins has been a solid rotational guy for the Colts. Again, need to watch more, and I'll let you know.

I was checking out Brady Davis QB from Illinois State, who should be coming out next year. Then, this dude Merkel Smith RB, 5-11 230 caught my eye in the Colorado State game. He's a senior, and off the roster list for 2019.

Violence with patience and power through the hole, following blockers

https://j.gifs.com/ZY6O16.gif

Leteral movement and balance

https://j.gifs.com/8128Vo.gif

Catching and Speed

https://j.gifs.com/zvpPk8.gif

That's pretty good work.

Last edited:
Devine Ozigbo's acceleration for a big man is startling. He also appears to be composed almost entirely of thighs.

Running back Jeremy Cox of Old Dominion is like the next Ironhead Heyward, LOL.

He averaged a tremendous 3.6 yards per carry AFTER contact, and an incredibly low 0.8 yards per carry BEFORE contact. He ranked #6 of 61 in Elusive Rating (yards per carry after contact multiplied by missed tackles per carry).

Watching his highlights against Virginia Tech is like watching someone play with Ironhead on Tecmo Super Bowl III.

Watch his Pro Day. Does 25 bench reps and turns around does a 39 inch vertical and 10'7" broad jump with a 4.44 forty?? Look how he's built.

MASSIVELY underrated.

Impressive pro day workout from Cox. He was on my RB list early in the year, and has been throughout his career.

I've been over that VT/ODU game a few times. That's the game Ximines gave my man Yosuah Nijman fits that I talked about early in the season.

Cox would always have these one or two big games that came out of nowhere his entire career. But the rest would just be miserable performances week after week against CUSA teams. That was the only consistency he was ever able to establish.

Every time you watch VT's defense last year it was always some of the worst angles and tackling you'll ever see outside of McGriff's unit in Oxford, Mississippi. Just brutal. They were horrible all year defensively.

Full results for Jeremy Cox's pro day...

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 223 lbs
Bench: 25 reps
Forty: 4.44 sec
Vertical: 39"
Broad: 10'7"
Shuttle: 4.23 sec
Cone: 7.00 sec

Also worth noting, via PFF from 2018...

Carries: 103
Yards: 453
Yards After Contact: 373
Missed Tackles: 32

The combination of physical stature, power, explosiveness, and then putting it together with top notch metrics during albeit limited playing time (sat behind Ray Lawry last year and shared time with Kesean Strong this year)...should make him draftable at worst.

He caught 44 balls the last two years so he's been involved in the passing game. The elusiveness metric ranks #6 out of 61 backs. His missed tackles per rush is #5 of 61.

I think at worse you're getting a Jonas Gray that hasn't wrecked his knee heading into the NFL. At this point in time Gray was in rehab. Apparently, looking at that pro day footage, Jeremy Cox is in peak physical condition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom