Slimm's 2019 Safeties (seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Safeties (seniors)

I think it's hard not to notice Dantzler just because he's so lengthy and yet he's a quick twitch guy, a fast guy, physical too. Real thin and there's a lack of strength issue but he's young, obviously.

But I wouldn't go to sleep at all on Jamal Peters. I'm trying my damnedest and I can't find any tape of him getting beat deep. He's often in press man, playing that outside, turning and running with guys, and looking damn good doing it because he's as lengthy as you will find out there, and he's not one to panic or move unnecessarily. His arms go on forever and he's got the speed to run.

It's very striking to me how valuable he could be on the field. You could throw underneath him on comebacks, stuff that takes a while to execute and puts you in the sights of that defensive front. But I've seen Jamal Peters take on some serious talent and win, and he's only going to get better. Obviously he's not as twitchy as Dantzler, but depending on what you've got him doing at the next level, he may not need to be.

I think it's hard not to notice Dantzler just because he's so lengthy and yet he's a quick twitch guy, a fast guy, physical too. Real thin and there's a lack of strength issue but he's young, obviously.

But I wouldn't go to sleep at all on Jamal Peters. I'm trying my damnedest and I can't find any tape of him getting beat deep. He's often in press man, playing that outside, turning and running with guys, and looking damn good doing it because he's as lengthy as you will find out there, and he's not one to panic or move unnecessarily. His arms go on forever and he's got the speed to run.

It's very striking to me how valuable he could be on the field. You could throw underneath him on comebacks, stuff that takes a while to execute and puts you in the sights of that defensive front. But I've seen Jamal Peters take on some serious talent and win, and he's only going to get better. Obviously he's not as twitchy as Dantzler, but depending on what you've got him doing at the next level, he may not need to be.

Well, Peters is very similar to the Westry kid from Kentucky that you like - obviously you have an affinity for tall guys with long arms. I do like Peters quite a bit more than Westry as you can tell. Although I'm not sure Peters wouldn't be better off at safety. He's stiff in his hips like most tall cornerbacks. It's hard to find CB's that tall with enough hip fluidity to transition and run with receivers in the NFL.

Isaiah Johnson and Lonnie Johnson are looser hipped to be so tall, but even they're naturally still a little more stiff than ideal. But they will tackle, particularly Isaiah Johnson. Lonnie struggles to break down in space a little more than Isaiah.

I don't know how much of Trevon Diggs you've ever studied but you should love him. He'll be my top Senior corner for 2020.

Can Thornhill play outside CB in the NFL or is he a SAF all the way?

I would think he's a safety all the way. He's got the athleticism to play whatever he wants, I'm just not sure he's got the experience to where you want to start doing that with him, and with those high investment picks I don't know that I see the value in getting all experimental.

I would think he's a safety all the way. He's got the athleticism to play whatever he wants, I'm just not sure he's got the experience to where you want to start doing that with him, and with those high investment picks I don't know that I see the value in getting all experimental.

He played pretty well at CB last year, but I think he's probably best as a Safety. Should definitely be an asset as a Safety who can also cover in man, though.

Back
Top Bottom