Slimm's 2020 Cornerbacks (seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Cornerbacks (seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Trevon Diggs / Alabama / 6’2”, 199

2. Christopher Fredrick / Syracuse / 5’11”, 194

3. A.J. Green / Oklahoma St. / 6’1”, 182

4. Bryce Hall / Virginia / 6’1”, 200 (Out for season - leg injury)

5. Kristian Fulton / LSU / 6’0”, 192

6. Troy Pride Jr. / Notre Dame / 6'0", 190

7. Dayan Ghonwoloku / BYU / 5’11”, 200

8. Jeff Gladney / TCU / 6’0”, 183

9. Julian Blackmon / Utah / 6’1”, 190

10. Jace Whittaker / Arizona / 5’11”, 189

11. Elijah Riley / Army / 6’0”, 205

12. Lamar Jackson / Nebraska / 6'3", 215

13. Essang Bassey / Wake Forest / 5’10”, 190

14. Tino Ellis / Maryland / 6’1”, 195

15. Kindle Vildor / GA-Southern / 5’11”, 180

16. John Reid / Penn St. / 5’10”, 180

17. Lavert Hill / Michigan / 5’11”, 181

18. Javaris Davis / Auburn / 5’9”, 187

19. Rashad Robinson / James Madison / 5’11”, 185

20. DeMarkus Acy / Missouri / 6’2”, 195

21. Josh Norwood / W. Virginia / 5’10”, 174

22. Luq Barcoo / San Diego St. / 6’1”, 175

23. Keith Washington Jr. / W. Virginia / 6’0”, 180

24. Isaiah Rodgers / UMASS / 5’10”, 170

25. Damon Arnette / Ohio St. / 6’0”, 195

26. Jaron Bryant / Fresno St. / 6’1”, 176

27. Nevelle Clark / UCF / 6’1”, 187

28. L’Jarius Sneed / LA-Tech / 6’1”, 191

29. Parnell Motley / Oklahoma / 6’0”, 177

30. Dane Jackson / Pittsburgh / 6’0”, 185

31. Chris Jackson / Marshall / 6’0”, 188

32. Levonta Taylor / Florida St. / 5’10”, 181

33. D’Wayne Eskridge / W. Michigan / 5’9”, 185 (Converted from WR in the spring) (Out for season - collarbone)

34. Shaun Crawford / Notre Dame / 5’9”, 181

35. Cam Jefferies / Cincinnati / 5’10”, 188

36. Jalen Thompson / S. Alabama / 6’0”, 180

37. Tyler Hall / Wyoming / 5’10”, 190

38. Marcus Strong / Washington St. / 5’10”, 185

39. D.J. Williams / Utah St. / 5’9”, 180

40. Manny Patterson / Maine / 5'10", 180

41. Traveon Beck / California / 5’9”, 160

42. Baylen Buchanan / Tennessee / 5’11”, 193 (Son of former pro bowl CB Ray Buchanan - out for season with narrowing of spine issue)

Im wondering how Levonta Taylor is going to bounce back from last years awfulness and how hes going to adjust to his new role.

Im wondering how Levonta Taylor is going to bounce back from last years awfulness and how hes going to adjust to his new role.

Yeah he didn't look right - apparently was playing with a stress fracture in his back. Should be back healthy this year. Kid can play if he's healthy.

UVA really does a good job of finding talent at DB. Bryce Hall is a darned good one.

I'll say this as a Michigan fan. Lavert Hill is overrated. He has a lot of talent, but Justin Long was way above him. He learns from his mistakes but outside of the Ohio State game (where Brandon Watson was abused) hill was the most likely CB to give up plays

Looks like the CB class of 2020 is very deep. Some believe it's as good or better than the WR class. What's your opinions?

Looks like the CB class of 2020 is very deep. Some believe it's as good or better than the WR class. What's your opinions?

Really good CB class, particularly when you factor in the potential of the underclassman. Probably my top class of CB's since 2016.

In totality these kids are long & tall and can run & cover. Ball skills and instincts are above the mean.

And the league is going to need 'em in order to combat this WR class. Skill position talent in this draft on both sides of the ball is looking to be one for the ages.

Really good CB class, particularly when you factor in the potential of the underclassman. Probably my top class of CB's since 2016.

In totality these kids are long & tall and can run & cover. Ball skills and instincts are above the mean.

And the league is going to need 'em in order to combat this WR class. Skill position talent in this draft on both sides of the ball is looking to be one for the ages.
As always Slimm, I appreciate your feed back and opinions. From everything I've read via the internet the CB class was being pointed out as a strong group. I value Finheaven above all else and like bouncing questions knowing I'm getting Highly educated and knowledgeable answers from you guys.

UVA really does a good job of finding talent at DB. Bryce Hall is a darned good one.

I'll get a look at him live on Friday night versus the Canes. I hope he is assigned to Jeff Thomas, Miami's most dangerous receiver.

Hall was a very low rated recruit. I'm generally skeptical of that. But he does have incredible stats in terms of passes broken up. Almost too many. Teams obviously aren't afraid of him but he makes plays anyway.

Ugh Hall lost to a nasty leg Injury

Ugly indeed. From the stands I could tell it had to be very bad because after the play the punt returner #80 immediately sensed what was going on and made a mad dash 20 yards backwards toward Hall to support and comfort him. It must have been bones protruding like the Theismann situation because several staff members from the Virginia sideline quickly ran out there and put towels over Hall's leg to shield the public view.

Virginia players were stunned and scared. They huddled around in prayer. I don't think television caught much of this at all because up to that point the game had raced along like a '70s Dolphin game. It was less than one hour elapsed and barely over 2 minutes remaining in the first half. Consequently they loaded up with commercial breaks during the injury. We can tell this from the stand because now they have a guy at college games -- or at least the Canes home games -- who goes out onto the field at every stoppage and holds up a sign indicating how much time until the ball is ready for play. It is a countdown clock with huge red lettering. Convenient for both fans and anyone involved with either team. No more guesswork toward how long until the ball is ready for play. It is 2:25 during television time outs and 3:25 between quarters and kickoffs on weekend games. But tonight on a prime time game it was 3:00 for every normal television time out.

It took a ridiculously long time for the cart to get out there for Hall. Canes fans were in disbelief. The guy is obviously badly hurt and the cart is nowhere in sight. Fortunately Hall sat up and appeared to be in good spirits while being carted away.

He was guarding Jeff Thomas quite frequently until the injury. Took away a couple of play action looks that Miami had designed for Thomas.

Greg Rousseau was great for the Canes at defensive end. I believe I mentioned him a few weeks ago. Looks like an LSU athlete. But I have to say the Virginia offensive designs are about as limited as I have seen at this level in a decade or more. It reached the point I wasn't concerned in the slightest. I was laughing that Canes fans are complaining about Dan Enos. Meanwhile his stuff is like 5 dimensions upward from Robert Anae from Virginia.

I've been watching some Nevelle Clarke of UCF because of some plays he made yesterday in 1-on-1's in Shrine practice and I'm really impressed.

Very smart player. Very physical. Extremely competitive. Not sure what his speed is but he plays the game how you want.

Miami could play him a lot like they do Nik Needham.

I've been watching some Nevelle Clarke of UCF because of some plays he made yesterday in 1-on-1's in Shrine practice and I'm really impressed.

Very smart player. Very physical. Extremely competitive. Not sure what his speed is but he plays the game how you want.

Miami could play him a lot like they do Nik Needham.

Yeah he's a good player - main question is speed.

UCF's secondary could've been even better this year but the best DB in my opinion didn't even play this season because of a knee injury, Brandon Moore. He'll be back next year though.

Damon Arnette looks pretty solid, I was suprised he's the 25th corner on this list, must be a deep draft at corner this year!

Damon Arnette looks pretty solid, I was suprised he's the 25th corner on this list, must be a deep draft at corner this year!

If this list was made pre season than it’s spot on. Arnette was... bad before 2019

Back
Top Bottom