Slimm's 2020 Cornerbacks (underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Cornerbacks (underclassman)

First time poster, was wondering what people think of Eric Stokes? Redshirt sophomore from UGA, played very well next to Deandre Baker in the second half of last year and has been one of the best players on one of the best defenses in the country this year. I know he's going to test extremely well at the combine, he won the GA state 100 meter dash every year of high school except his freshman year when Chubb won it.

First time poster, was wondering what people think of Eric Stokes? Redshirt sophomore from UGA, played very well next to Deandre Baker in the second half of last year and has been one of the best players on one of the best defenses in the country this year. I know he's going to test extremely well at the combine, he won the GA state 100 meter dash every year of high school except his freshman year when Chubb won it.

One of my top underclassman CB's for next year but I don't expect him to declare. I thought he had a pretty good game matched up against a legitimate pro last year in Andy Isabella.

Do you expect him to declare?

One of my top underclassman CB's for next year but I don't expect him to declare. I thought he had a pretty good game matched up against a legitimate pro last year in Andy Isabella.

Do you expect him to declare?
I don't have any insider info but from what I've read a lot of people expect him to declare. I think another year to get stronger would do him well but if he blows up the combine like people are expecting I could see him going early day 2

C.J. Henderson gets criticized for his tackling, but Okudah isn't much better. Just wondering if NFL GM's have seen that pitiful attempt at a tackle on Jonathan Taylor's first TD run against Ohio St. in the B1G Championship Game.

However, you can't watch an NFL game without seeing CB's make business decisions on the regular. Ducking contact constantly.

What's the read on Stanford Samuels?

I've watched him the last 3 years and he's green but he has the size and athleticism to be a press corner in the NFL. He may have been a product of bad coaching at FSU too.

What's the read on Stanford Samuels?

I've watched him the last 3 years and he's green but he has the size and athleticism to be a press corner in the NFL. He may have been a product of bad coaching at FSU too.

Yeah I think how well he runs at the combine is going to be important for him - as it is for all DB's. The biggest question I have is the same one for all these big cornerbacks which is tackling. Florida St. tried the safety experiment with him but didn't work out. Requires a lot more thinking, communicating, and knowing everybody else's job as opposed to just being focused on your own job and reacting at cornerback.

Really good ball skills though. Most important task for these tall press corners - adding strength and getting stronger. Morris Claiborne and Richard Sherman were probably the two best ideal press corners I've seen come out in the past decade or so. However, one never would work to add strength in the NFL in order to reach his potential, the other one did. It's going to be a critical component for some of these big press corners like Samuels, Trevon Diggs, Henderson, Okudah, Dantzler, A.J. Terrell, etc.

Whoever dedicates themselves to that particular aspect likely ends up the best.

Oh man. Dantzler and Samuels are going to have to rebound at their pro days or you can cross them off the list for Miami. If we know one thing, it’s that you gotta be fast to play CB in this D

CJ Henderson absolutely tore up the combine. He’s super intriguing at 18. 4.39 20 reps on bench press. And he has size, and was great at Florida. He was really under rated at disguising blitzes and getting pressures off the edge something I think Flores would value. Gators Corners have consistently been busts but Henderson sure looks like the real deal

Henderson struggled a lot at times this year for some reason. Stayed burnt a lot kinda like Marlon Humphrey did his junior year. Although Humphrey was a dynamo tackler. You wouldn’t see anything out of him like you did on Henderson’s joke of a tackle attempt on Deejay Dallas vs Miami.

Henderson checked a lot of boxes if you can get him to play like he’s capable. But tackling is something I can criticize for almost all cornerbacks. Okudah included.

And a whole lot of corners who somehow keep cashing checks in the NFL included also.

Back
Top Bottom