Slimm's 2020 Defensive Ends (underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Defensive Ends (underclassman)

so after Tua, which QB are you willing to draft top 5?

For me, none of them.

I’m on the Tua or bust train, in terms of using their top pick. If they can’t get Tua, my plan B would be Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb or one of the top lineman. However, in the instance they don’t get #1, or choose to draft Chase Young with a top 3-4 pick —- selecting one of those other players should involve a trade down of some kind.

If they selected Jordan Love with a 2nd round selection, I’d be ok with that. But I don’t want any part of those other QB’s with a top 10 pick. Especially not Herbert.

But I didn’t want them to draft Ryan Tannehill with a top 10 pick either. So they’ll probably end up with Herbert too. That’s how things seem to go for my teams.

Watch the play at 1324 second quarter of today’s game and tell me what that is with young.

that’s got to be hip limitation. bosa is going to flatten there and eat that qb for breakfast

Chase young needs to flatten to the qb better. That’s 2 games in a row now where it looked like he lacked the ability to flatten once he gained the shoulder etc and as a result ran by the qb.

For a top 5 pick edge pass rusher I’d say that’s a pretty important tool in the box. Especially when your tools are currently better/more advanced than your hand use

best player in the country and it’s not close.

The play at 1154 of the 4th he does redirect and finish.

he’s got some exceptional short area quicks

Last edited:
Chase Young is by far the best player in college. With all our picks we need to do everything possible to get him.

Chase Young is by far the best player in college. With all our picks we need to do everything possible to get him.

I agree but the QB needs to priority 1 but I’d trade up for Young any day.

Tua and Young in round one is all I need.

I've always said qb is by far the highest priority. Tua and young will be almost impossible. Tua and Epenesa is more probable. I want to keep that 3rd first rounder. That's what we'll lose to get young. What if Flores doesn't want tua. It's possible. Young, Fromm and Humphreys. Intreges me.

I’d be beyond ecstatic securing both those players in this draft. Dream draft for me.

However, I had a thought while watching Chase Young wreak havoc all day and now watching LSU v. Auburn.

If the Dolphins end up with say picks 3 and 10, or something close to that, and can’t get Tua what about going with Chase Young and Derrick Brown?

IMO, if they can’t get the QB, building a dominant defensive line could be another avenue to go. We don’t know how Christian Wilkins will develop yet, but a d-line consisting of Wilkins, Brown and Chase Young could be filthy. Then they just might have the speed of Jerome Baker running free behind them.

We‘ve witnessed a few teams with non-elite QB play win Superbowls on the strength of their defensive front.

Just a thought.

I’d be beyond ecstatic securing both those players in this draft. Dream draft for me.

However, I had a thought while watching Chase Young wreak havoc all day and now watching LSU v. Auburn.

If the Dolphins end up with say picks 3 and 10, or something close to that, and can’t get Tua what about going with Chase Young and Derrick Brown?

IMO, if they can’t get the QB, building a dominant defensive line could be another avenue to go. We don’t know how Christian Wilkins will develop yet, but a d-line consisting of Wilkins, Brown and Chase Young could be filthy. Then they just might have the speed of Jerome Baker running free behind them.

We‘ve witnessed a few teams with non-elite QB play win Superbowls on the strength of their defensive front.

Just a thought.

Get out of my head. I was thinking the same thing 3 beers ago.

best player in the country and it’s not close.

He sure showed up today.

I thought his 1st sack at 3:54 Q1 was impressive as he spun off a double team to clean it up.

Also, thought the TFL he had at 8:19 Q1 showed off his motor and relentlessness.

The other sacks Wisconsin had absolutely no business singling him up.

Quincy Roche is a stud. Not sure how he's going unnoticed, but it's criminal. He's going to wreck havoc at the next level.

Quincy Roche is a stud. Not sure how he's going unnoticed, but it's criminal. He's going to wreck havoc at the next level.

Add a couple of lbs to that 6'4 frame and he would probably be a great fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker to our D.

Back
Top Bottom