Slimm's 2020 Linebackers (seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Linebackers (seniors)

Bryce Huff is a hell of a player, I think he's a kid Miami would look at. Fairly lightly recruited coming out of one of the better high school programs in Alabama at St. Paul's around Mobile.

Penn St. right tackle Will Fries had a difficult day with him and kept drawing the holding flag.

He belongs in the top tier of Senior Rush linebackers along with Jennings, Greenard, and Darrell Taylor if I were to rework my rankings here. I think he's a late 3rd round or early 4th round pick depending on how he tests out and ends up contributing as a stand up pass rusher in the NFL - similar to the role Trent Harris is currently playing for Miami.

Bryce Huff is a hell of a player, I think he's a kid Miami would look at. Fairly lightly recruited coming out of one of the better high school programs in Alabama at St. Paul's around Mobile.

Penn St. right tackle Will Fries had a difficult day with him and kept drawing the holding flag.

He belongs in the top tier of Senior Rush linebackers along with Jennings, Greenard, and Darrell Taylor if I were to rework my rankings here. I think he's a late 3rd round or early 4th round pick depending on how he tests out and ends up contributing as a stand up pass rusher in the NFL - similar to the role Trent Harris is currently playing for Miami.

I was curious what you thought of him. Really stood out.

EDIT: Specifically that two-play sequence is what stood out to me, the one on 3rd down where he beat the right tackle on the outside and got held badly, which didn't get called somehow, and the following play where he beat the right tackle to the inside. He got in that guy's head. That two-play sequence can catch your attention even if you're not trying to watch him, and that's what happened to me.

Last edited:
If they liked Isaiah Prince enough to draft him they outta like Carter Coughlin that much more - he absolutely destroyed Prince last year. Had no shot to block him.

Lol true. But, with his experience as a rusher and as more of a true LB and plus athleticism, he seems like a good fit. Offers more pass rush than Biegel or Van Ginkel (who looked good all-around vs NE).

Carter Coughlin, Vince Biegel, Andrew Van Ginkel, and Kyler Fackrell could all be yogurt covered raisins in the same bowl.

Lol true. But, with his experience as a rusher and as more of a true LB and plus athleticism, he seems like a good fit. Offers more pass rush than Biegel or Van Ginkel (who looked good all-around vs NE).

Grier usually prefers to draft the guy getting his ass kicked in one-on-one matchups over the ass kicker - so ain't no telling. Although I agree with you, I've always thought Coughlin was a good fit for Miami.

I'm interested to see Coughlin against Auburn's Jack Driscoll in the Outback Bowl.

I can’t do weaver. He’s just not athletic enough or rangy enough. Bad off ball senior lb class.

Real bad imo.

Last edited:
Malik Harrison looks like the best fit for Miami. Think he fits the Van Noy role very well, and he might even be able to beef up to the Hightower role - not that he's as big as Hightower naturally, but it seems like Hightower usually plays 255-260 in NE, and 255 is within range for Harrison.

I think Harrison's more of a good player than a great one, but hia strengths sync up really well for what Miami asks of its LB's. Seeing him projected in the early 3rd, and that sounds about right. His physicality, 3-cone, frame, and overall athleticism make me think he could develop into a solid situational pass rusher - not just a blitzer.

Malik Harrison looks like the best fit for Miami. Think he fits the Van Noy role very well, and he might even be able to beef up to the Hightower role - not that he's as big as Hightower naturally, but it seems like Hightower usually plays 255-260 in NE, and 255 is within range for Harrison.

I think Harrison's more of a good player than a great one, but hia strengths sync up really well for what Miami asks of its LB's. Seeing him projected in the early 3rd, and that sounds about right. His physicality, 3-cone, frame, and overall athleticism make me think he could develop into a solid situational pass rusher - not just a blitzer.
Might as well keep the Ohio State lb connection going

Might as well keep the Ohio State lb connection going

Agreed. He's not great at any one thing but good at mostly everything that's asked.

I don't know if he fits the Van Noy role. Projection-wise maybe, but Harrison's film screams "use me how NE uses Hightower". Uche and Baun are more like Van Noy.

Uche, Jefferson, a QB and Austin Jackson wouldn’t be a bad first two days of the draft.

I’m intrigued with the idea of moving Harrison to the edge. Not sure I’m willing to use a Day 2 pick to find out, though.

Same thing with Willie Gay Jr. He’s very physical and a freaky athlete, but not sure I trust him enough to spend a Day 2 pick on a project. But, man, on Day 3 I’m rolling the dice.

Back
Top Bottom