Slimm's 2020 Offensive Line (seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Offensive Line (seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Tackle:

1. Lucas Niang / TCU / 6’7”, 328 (Out for season - hip surgery)

2. Colten McKivitz / W. Virginia / 6’7”, 300

3. Hakeem Adeniji / Kansas / 6’5”, 300

4. Trey Adams / Washington / 6’8”, 316

5. Calvin Throckmorton / Oregon / 6’5”, 318 (Experience at RT and RG)

6. Josh Jones / Houston / 6'7", 310

7. Blake Brandel / Oregon St. / 6’7”, 307

8. Yasir Durant / Missouri / 6’7”, 330

9. Terence Steele / Texas Tech / 6’6”, 320

10. Julian Good-Jones / Iowa St. / 6’5”, 296 (Experience at C and LT)

11. Kamaal Seymour / Rutgers / 6'6", 309

12. Victor Johnson / Appalachian St. / 6’5”, 296

13. Robert Hunt / ULL / 6’5”, 322

14. Darrin Paulo / Utah / 6’5”, 313

15. Prince Tega-Wanogho / Auburn / 6’7”, 307

16. Liam Eichenberg / Notre Dame / 6’6”, 305

17. Scott Frantz / Kansas St. / 6’5”, 295

18. Aaron Brewer / Texas St. / 6'3", 275 (Experience at Center & both tackle spots)

19. Matt Womack / Alabama / 6’7”, 325

Guard:

1. Shane Lemieux / Oregon / 6’4”, 317

2. Jonah Jackson / Ohio St. / 6’4”, 305 (Transferred from Rutgers)

3. Ben Bredeson / Michigan / 6’5”, 320

4. Logan Stenberg / Kentucky / 6’6”, 320 (Used to watch this kid in high school here for James Clemens)

5. Steven Gonzalez / Penn St. / 6’4”, 325

6. John Simpson / Clemson / 6’4”, 330

7. Adrian Magee / LSU / 6’4”, 343

8. Marcus Keyes / Oklahoma St. / 6’3”, 309

9. Marquell Harrell / Auburn / 6’3”, 307

10. Parker Braun / Texas / 6’3”, 280 (Transferred from Georgia Tech)

11. Gus Lavaka / Oregon St. / 6’4”, 353

12. Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms / Missouri / 6’5”, 330

13. Donnell Stanley / S. Carolina / 6’3”, 315

Center:

1. Darryl Williams / Mississippi St. / 6’2”, 310 (Experience at LG)

2. Jordan Johnson / UCF / 6’2”, 320

3. Nick Harris / Washington / 6’1”, 300

4. Adam Holtorf / Kansas St. / 6’4”, 295

5. Zach Shackleford / Texas / 6’4”, 305

6. Jake Hanson / Oregon / 6’5”, 297

7. Kaleb Kim / Auburn / 6’4”, 300

8. Nick Buchanan / Florida / 6'3", 291

9. Levi Brown / Marshall / 6’4”, 280

10. T.J. McCoy / Louisville / 6’1”, 305 (Transferred from Florida)

Darryl Williams is moving to the center position this season.

Slim do you think USF OL Marcus Norman is a draft able prospect? Ive heard some scouts like him and watching him I would think he has a good shot at being a mid rounder

Have you done any work on Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame? I've seen him pop up on a few early mocks.

Slim do you think USF OL Marcus Norman is a draft able prospect? Ive heard some scouts like him and watching him I would think he has a good shot at being a mid rounder

If some scouts like him then he's at least draftable since they're the one's typically impacting the draft. I think his feet might be a little slow for tackle in the NFL and may need to be kicked inside. However, his height could be what works against him inside. I'm just always leary when this is the situation.

Have you done any work on Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame? I've seen him pop up on a few early mocks.

A little. I've seen him play but haven't really broken anything down with him. I notice they can pull him and get him on the move in space - those kids typically pop up early in mock drafts is my guess. Mainly what I've noticed is time or two I've seen him still in his stance and hasn't moved after the snap. But it was only his first year to really start.

I thought he did a good job against Clelin Ferrell overall. Gets into his kickslide and does a good job of rolling his hips under to absorb the power and lockout - getting his hands inside. Really good hand placement. Only trouble is he can let himself get overextended and get beat to the inside by getting his hands swiped. Knee bender - which means he can play in the NFL. I'd like to see more though.

Reminds me a lot of Jonah Williams early in his career, but may be able to deal with power a little better than Jonah. Just less experienced. Glad you reminded me of him. I think he'll end up on by board.

It's hard to believe Lucas Niang didn't give up a sack last season if you study his tape - heavy legged waist bender and has a tendency to overset and give up his post leg to the inside.

But he's just so damn smart. He understands blocking angles so well and gets himself in the correct position - and guys just can't go through him.

For my Michigan man crush of the year, Bredeson is that dude. I really wish we would have been able to redshirt him as frosh but the cupboard was bare

I've studied Ben Bredeson closely and I never see him lose his assignment. If someone can show me the block he's failed to make this year I'd love to see it because I haven't found it.

I am extremely impressed with Josh Jones of Houston.

The mobility he has at his size is nothing short of amazing. His pad level for a 6'7" guy is rare. He uses his hands. He plays with discipline, yet isn't afraid to go for it when opportunity presents. He's nasty, powerful. When he chucks you, you get chucked.

I'm trying to figure what he DOESN'T have and, frankly, I'm having trouble.

I guess what he doesn't have is tape of him going against the Chase Young types out there. He can't change his schedule.

I am extremely impressed with Josh Jones of Houston.

The mobility he has at his size is nothing short of amazing. His pad level for a 6'7" guy is rare. He uses his hands. He plays with discipline, yet isn't afraid to go for it when opportunity presents. He's nasty, powerful. When he chucks you, you get chucked.

I'm trying to figure what he DOESN'T have and, frankly, I'm having trouble.

I guess what he doesn't have is tape of him going against the Chase Young types out there. He can't change his schedule.

Slim has him 6th on his list. What round range do you expect him to get drafted ?

I expect him to go in the 1st round unless he falls flat on his face at the Senior Bowl.

That will be viewed as important for him particularly because between last year and this year I’m not sure I can find a pro quality opponent that will have challenged him.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Thuney, where you’re watching game after game just waiting for the shoe to drop where he struggles with blocking someone (perhaps someone particularly powerful?), but it doesn’t happen. Except where you knew with Thuney’s frame that he couldn’t stay at Left Tackle, this guy Josh Jones is 6’7” and appears to have the arm length, frame to stay there.

Wow...I've only just got a look at Indiana left tackle Coy Cronk and I think that's a real diamond in the rough for the left guard position.

Back
Top Bottom