Slimm's 2020 Offensive Line (underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Offensive Line (underclassman)

That video didn’t even touch on most of the poor tape from Wirfs, but illustrated perfectly the issues that will need to be coached up and why I’ve always said he gets thrown to the ground by much smaller players and gets beat inside. If he keeps bringing those feet together just prior to contact, he’ll spend his entire NFL career laying on his back just like Dallas Thomas did.

If anyone paid attention to the OL bag drills at the combine, Wills was like Mike Tyson punching those bags while all the other offensive lineman were like a straw weight punching the bags. World of difference.

This is the type of thing I saw coming for Wirfs:

It is funny because the talk on Monday was how well Wirfs played against Bosa in the Chargers game.

Bosa really talked him up.

I was never a big Wirfs fan to begin with.

A lot of what he’s saying there is accurate, but he’s just going a little overboard with nitpicking to prove a point in regards to PFF having him as Guard #1. I can assure that this level of nipicking can be done for every offensive lineman in this class.

You’d think this guy would’ve already been aware that he was at left tackle before moving inside to guard. You have to be familiar with these kids if you’re going to have the proper perspective when evaluating them. You’re not going to get much from evaluating Muti’s snaps at LT because he’s not a tackle.

A lot of the pulling issues are because he’s already suffered fairly catastrophic injuries to his lower body. Secondly, he’s a zone blocker - not a fit for a man scheme where you’re pulling blockers into the hole at the POA. You have to evaluate him purely as a RG in a zone scheme.

The inconsistent hand placement is largely due to simply not playing enough football. He’s missed more games and practices due to injury than he’s been able to take part in.

Not finishing is an issue I see with 95% of offensive lineman I evaluate every year. Only the special ones that come along every so often like Q. Nelson didn’t have that issue.

I think his most legitimate criticism is the anchor. Even when Muti drops his hips, he doesn’t roll them under to gain control - that’s why he’s off balance and doesn’t stick to some of these blocks.

Bottom line is a lot of this is coachable if he can stay healthy enough to get some reps and experience. The upper body strength is there - 44 reps at the combine. This is where the initial pop and aggression he pointed out comes from. It’s the lower body that needs to stay healthy and see some work.

He’s a day 3 pick as a RG in a zone scheme that still has upside if he can overcome injuries and get some work in. I’ve seen him dominate earlier in his career against elite competition like Alabama before all the injuries derailed his career.

What do you think of Leatherwood? He has the tools but I don't know if it's a concentration issue but seems to always have a mistake in him. A lot of people have him as a 1st rounder. I think I'd rather have Eichenberg. I wouldn't mind Landon Dickerson in a later round either.

Not impressed with Jackson Carman last night.

Roche ran past him and forced multiple holding penalties.

Back
Top Bottom