Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Excuses... LOL. Sorry if you can't handle the truth.

Those other 'ranked' teams all have multiple losses. Are you freaking kidding me?

Texas is a crappy Big 12 team that has a loss to 4-5 TCU. That's seriously one of the 'ranked' teams you're touting? SMH.

Florida struggled with Miami and 4-5 Kentucky. You really really going to pretend they're any good?

Auburn was probably the best defense LSU faced and Burrow's production wasn't all that other worldly. 1 TD and 1 INT. Yet you try to claim he 'carved them up'. That's rich
As soon as I read SMH in any post I stop reading...

It's almost as if people think that it's impossible to match-up with Alabama, and every game should be lopsided in Bama's favor.
If bama doesn't have 12 1st round draft picks on thier d then all the sudden all bama fans open the flood gate of excuses. I call them all out. It's called bama hedging. If they lose well then there's your excuse. If the win then they add another level to the saban shrine.

You are making excuses, that’s the truth.

No, that's YOUR truth. But we're all entitled to that, right?

They made some errors that cost them the game. Like Tua fumbling the ball without even being contacted.

Don't know how this comment is relevant. I never stated that Tua was great in the game. He was ok, considering the injury. But I also don't believe LSU's defense is all that good either.

I think SEC fans are living on the conferences reputation and not the quality of football this season. There are no great defenses in the SEC this season. I'm not even sure there are any great teams in the SEC either. LSU looks like one of their best and they are far from a great team IMO. I think that'll bear itself out before season's end. Struggled to beat mediocre Texas and didn't overwhelm FLA or Auburn. Those teams are all pretty even.

I'm not an Alabama fan. I'm a Bama hater. So you're not gonna get an excuse from me why Tua fumbled that ball. It was a bad play.

Not rich, LSU won. It’s not on a single player, it’s a team effort. He also had a 76.2% completion rate that Auburn game. LSU outplayed Alabama.

Again, not sure why this comment is relevant. I agree that LSU outplayed them and deserved to win. I simply questioned the quality of defense, which I've done for most of this season. I think the SEC is down and not at the level people think it is based on reputation.

Furthermore I've made the same point about 'team effort' in other threads. This wasn't a Tua vs. Burrow thing. They played big parts, but it was about who was on the better 'team'. I thought LSU's lines got the better of Alabama and that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the most impactful player on the field that day. He made most the key plays, including fighting through or breaking tackles for huge first downs.

Last edited:
As soon as I read SMH in any post I stop reading...

When I read the things that cause me type that, I often stop reading too. I even stop reading when someone complains about the use of 'SMH'. So we have something in common.

I'd stop typing it if more people would utilize common sense, logic, patience, etc. and/or actually took the time to read and comprehend ---- but when do any of us actually get what we want?

Curious what you guys are thinking about Ian Book?? He makes mistakes at times, but looks good too also... if we could draft him as a backup plan to whatever plan A is for qb, how woud you feel about it? not an early pick by any means though

Well, Josh Love from SJSU had four interceptions today. Three were on deflections.
He still had 37/56 465 yards and 3 TDs.
He's clearly the best QB in the Mountain West. Much better than the other quarterback named Love.

Curious what you guys are thinking about Ian Book?? He makes mistakes at times, but looks good too also... if we could draft him as a backup plan to whatever plan A is for qb, how woud you feel about it? not an early pick by any means though
For me no thanks. He makes so many bad decisions. I shake my head.

Herbert will do great given the right offense and scheme.

He does remind me of a 'better' Tannehill or Mariota. Kinda awkward in the pocket and kinda awkward running from it too.

Great arm and accuracy, though. Great size and athleticism.

If Burrow, Young and Thomas are gone I'd consider either him Okudah or Brown.

If you give him tall, fast receivers and TEs, like ours, a good OLine, *ehem, cough, cough* and a simple offense, presnap, one read and two options plus a dump off, let him live and die by his arm, he could do well.

Herbert will do great given the right offense and scheme.

He does remind me of a 'better' Tannehill or Mariota. Kinda awkward in the pocket and kinda awkward running from it too.

Great arm and accuracy, though. Great size and athleticism.

If Burrow, Young and Thomas are gone I'd consider either him Okudah or Brown.

If you give him tall, fast receivers and TEs, like ours, a good OLine, *ehem, cough, cough* and a simple offense, presnap, one read and two options plus a dump off, let him live and die by his arm, he could do well.

For me to be able to swallow Okudah as our first pick, we would have to get somebody like Armstead or Ngakoue in FA and draft an edge like Chaisson late 1st/EARLY second.

I don’t know what it is but when I watch Trubisky it just gives me flashes of what Herbert might end up being.

not sure the merit to that thought I just sense it. Scares the piss out of me. I guess all the things I question about Herbert kind of fit the mold of what Trubisky striggles w/ in the NFL.

I don’t know what it is but when I watch Trubisky it just gives me flashes of what Herbert might end up being.

not sure the merit to that thought I just sense it. Scares the piss out of me. I guess all the things I question about Herbert kind of fit the mold of what Trubisky striggles w/ in the NFL.
If you add trubiskys college and NFL experience together it's still less than what Herbert has right now. Not even a close comparison.

If you add trubiskys college and NFL experience together it's still less than what Herbert has right now. Not even a close comparison.

if your a stat guy sure.

I’m an eye ball guy.

Back
Top Bottom