Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Sad to see the end of Mike Glass and his collegiate career end the way it did last night. He played a heck of a football game.

With his team down by 4 and trying to lead them on a game winning drive with less than a minute to play - a Pitt player says something to him and Glass punches him. Then another Pitt player comes over and gets in Mike's face along with the ref trying to separate the two - when Glass tries to swing at him also but instead hits the ref and knocks him to the ground. Gets tossed from the game.

Just an unfortunate situation. Lost his composure and cost his team a shot at a chance to pull out a win in a bowl game.

Sad to see the end of Mike Glass and his collegiate career end the way it did last night. He played a heck of a football game.

With his team down by 4 and trying to lead them on a game winning drive with less than a minute to play - a Pitt player says something to him and Glass punches him. Then another Pitt player comes over and gets in Mike's face along with the ref trying to separate the two - when Glass tries to swing at him also but instead hits the ref and knocks him to the ground. Gets tossed from the game.

Just an unfortunate situation. Lost his composure and cost his team a shot at a chance to pull out a win in a bowl game.

That's a sad way to end things at Eastern Michigan.

But the game was lost. There were 4 seconds left on the clock and it was 4th & 10 at their own 40 yard line. Even with his arm strength, a hail mary probably falls short of the end zone and there was no time to try and convert the first down before setting up for a more legit hail mary. Game was over and he did what he did because he was pissed about losing.

Sad.

You still take him over a number of other guys based on his package of skills, despite his size.

What’s the deal that I keep on hearing that J. Hubert may not “love” the game and buyer beware?

I don't know about love for the game and all that. I've heard that questioned but I don't like going into that territory. It's unfair.

Suffice it to say he's a notorious introvert and the various coaching staffs have attempted to work with him for four years getting him to step out of his shell and be more vocal with the team, giving him books on being an introvert, etc. He's not on social media. He lives in an apartment downtown, away from the campus. An offensive line teammate said, "he likes to be a little outside of everything."

I get off record quotes from people around the team like, "weird kid," and such.

He's not a criminal. He doesn't have a learning disability. He stays in shape. And he works hard. That's good enough for me. But I doubt it works for Miami's coaching staff.

I don't know about love for the game and all that. I've heard that questioned but I don't like going into that territory. It's unfair.

Suffice it to say he's a notorious introvert and the various coaching staffs have attempted to work with him for four years getting him to step out of his shell and be more vocal with the team, giving him books on being an introvert, etc. He's not on social media. He lives in an apartment downtown, away from the campus. An offensive line teammate said, "he likes to be a little outside of everything."

I get off record quotes from people around the team like, "weird kid," and such.

He's not a criminal. He doesn't have a learning disability. He stays in shape. And he works hard. That's good enough for me. But I doubt it works for Miami's coaching staff.

Agreed it's not fair! But it's starting to become part of the narrative with him. It's coming from somewhere and it goes without saying, is one of the most damning accusation you can get as a player, especially at the QB position.

R.Tannehill was considered, somewhat, of an intervort and apparently this kid makes Tannehill look like a socialite.
Introvert and rumours about not loving the game enough togo the extra mile?

Yikes!

Ryan Tannehill is very private...dunno if I'd consider him an introvert but he's clearly very private and has never been particularly charismatic.

Hasn't seemed to matter...in Tennessee.

Ryan Tannehill is very private...dunno if I'd consider him an introvert but he's clearly very private and has never been particularly charismatic.

Hasn't seemed to matter...in Tennessee.

Fair enough! We're going to find out because without question it's going to be either Tua or Herbert with that 1st pick.

Understanding that whichever qb you draft it's going to take some coaching and the right situation for them to see NFL success, which qb in this draft could really surprise people if they're devolped properly? For example I get the feeling that Kahlil Tate could look a lot like Lamar Jackson in the right system and with a little polishing, might be the more dangerous runner between the two and that's saying a lot considering all the records Jackson just broke this season. Tate needs some work on his throwing mechanics, but so did Jackson entering the league. Tate could be the perfect backup for Jackson in a few years.

I get the feeling that Steven Montez could end up being a better qb than some that will be drafted ahead of him.

Last edited:
Understanding that whichever qb you draft it's going to take some coaching and the right situation for them to see NFL success, which qb in this draft could really surprise people if they're devolped properly? For example I get the feeling that Kahlil Tate could look a lot like Lamar Jackson in the right system and with a little polishing, might be the more dangerous runner between the two and that's saying a lot considering all the records Jackson just broke this season. Tate needs some work on his throwing mechanics, but so did Jackson entering the league. Tate could be the perfect backup for Jackson in a few years.

I get the feeling that Steven Montez could end up being a better qb than some that will be drafted ahead of him.
Jackson didn't need to correct his throwing motion. Totally made up false statement. Jackson was throwing 70 yard dimes in Louisville. Did you ever watch him in college?

I'm a little intrigued by Nate Stanley from Iowa. If I had to do a comp I'd say Big Ben with the size, arm, scrambling ability used to extend plays. Need to see more but on the surface this kid has tools to work with.

I'm a little intrigued by Nate Stanley from Iowa. If I had to do a comp I'd say Big Ben with the size, arm, scrambling ability used to extend plays. Need to see more but on the surface this kid has tools to work with.

I got him on a draft simulator in the 6th or so. I have always liked him but I would usually discount him based on his decision making and streakiness and flat out poor stats but he just played great in his bowl game destruction of USC.

Jackson didn't need to correct his throwing motion. Totally made up false statement. Jackson was throwing 70 yard dimes in Louisville. Did you ever watch him in college?

First I didn't say throwing motion, I said throwing mechanics. There is a difference. There are dozens of articles and interviews where Jackson himself said he did a lot of work on inmproving his mechanics and that he had become very "lazy" in that area. Yes I did see him play at Louisville and I also saw him play last year and I see a difference in his mechanics this season. But it's ok if you think I made it up. I guess Jackson is making it up too so I don't feel to bad about it.

Last edited:
In terms of the arm strength that Joe Burrow is CAPABLE of using, check out his 4th TD in the 1st half of the Oklahoma game- rolling to his right, gunned it 45-50 yards on a rope, the ball got there pretty quickly. Impressive throw.

In terms of the arm strength that Joe Burrow is CAPABLE of using, check out his 4th TD in the 1st half of the Oklahoma game- rolling to his right, gunned it 45-50 yards on a rope, the ball got there pretty quickly. Impressive throw.
He’s shredding Oklahoma so bad right now. They can’t stop Jefferson, and now Chase is getting involved.

Back
Top Bottom