Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors)

I have love around 10th in this qb class. He doesn't make sense to me in first.

10th...are you serious?

Name 9 QB's coming out that are better than him,in terms of what an NFL scout would look for.

Burrow has been unreal this year. Before Tua got hurt I questioned who would go first but now, even without the injury, I cant see Tua having been drafted before Joe. He looks like an nfl franchise qb, Tua looks like a college guy.

Last edited:
Burrow has been unreal this year. Before Tua got hurt I questioned who would go first but now, even without the injury, I cant see Tua having been drafted before Joe. He looks like an nfl franchise qb, Tua looks like a college guy.

A college guy? :funny:

Last year Burrow was quite literally just a guy. Happy he’s developed so much in a year but now you’re just reaching to critique an injured star.

A college guy? :funny:

Last year Burrow was quite literally just a guy. Happy he’s developed so much in a year but now you’re just reaching to critique an injured star.

No I like tall QBs. I’m well aware of the success more recently of shorter guys but I’m old school and I like my franchise QBs to be 6’4/6’5.

No I like tall QBs. I’m well aware of the success more recently of shorter guys but I’m old school and I like my franchise QBs to be 6’4/6’5.

Fair enough. I personally favor guys who simply score and win over most of the other measurables. Then I start to look at tools, mental aspects of the game, personality....

As far as scoring and production...both Tua and Burrows check that box off without a doubt.

In terms of the arm strength that Joe Burrow is CAPABLE of using, check out his 4th TD in the 1st half of the Oklahoma game- rolling to his right, gunned it 45-50 yards on a rope, the ball got there pretty quickly. Impressive throw.

First off, the fact that we have to look at the index and find the FOURTH touchdown throw of the college football playoff game, not the third, not the sixth, not the seventh...says everything you need to know about this prospect.

Second, as far as this throw is concerned, there are a lot of reasons to be impressed with it. Velocity at distance just isn't one of them. I've seen guys like Ryan Finley and Mason Fine throw this ball. Christian Ponder, Will Grier, etc.

Let's stick to the reason he's here, and stop trying to tease at his weaknesses until you can somehow screw your eyes up enough to see them as strengths.

Fair enough. I personally favor guys who simply score and win over most of the other measurables. Then I start to look at tools, mental aspects of the game, personality....

As far as scoring and production...both Tua and Burrows check that box off without a doubt.

I absolutely agree with that. Sometimes the most significant variable gets lost amidst the subjective technical clutter.

Can these guys put points on the board? I'd be less than happy with either Fromm or Eason because far too often the scoreboard is not impressed.

I remember watching Dak Prescott and Paxton Lynch in respective bowl games a few years ago. Both games were on the same day. That's why it stands out to me. Lynch was rated significantly above Dak. Yet on the same day Prescott was putting up a boatload of touchdowns while Lynch couldn't do a darn thing against a mediocre version of Auburn. I realize they aren't facing the same defense. But one of my Las Vegas friends always focuses on that simple criteria of a quarterback prospect and whether he puts up big points in the bowl game. It is another way to be on the correct side of the 3-5%.

Last season I thought Joe Burrow became Joe Burrow for the first time in the Fiesta Bowl versus UCF. For some reason that game earned very little attention. Everyone prefers the conventional wisdom that Burrow was nothing until this year. I remember watching that game and thinking this guy is absolutely a good pro prospect. Burrow threw a pick six early. He also got roughed up several times by blatant cheap shots from UCF. Then he seemingly used those cheap shots as impetus to respond as a competitor. He was moving to create his own pocket. He defaulted to the deep ball. He had beautiful touch on numerous throws in the 25-40 yard range. And he put up 40 points.

Everyone talks about Tom Brady undervalued at Michigan. That UCF game is an easy watch to see how undervalued Burrow was exiting the 2018 season. It's all very familiar to today. Burrow looked like a more active and arrogant version of Garoppolo.

Tua puts up touchdowns with ease. The fans who knock him are scrambling to believe that contradictory is correct. Meanwhile I always like to look at things within a sampling. Nothing is an absolute. But why is Tua, of all people, isolated as a quarterback to doubt? Even if you get away with it once it's simply not an example of good thinking. In situations like that I don't even care about the result. I can look at boards like this and detect immediately who is sharp based solely on opinion of Tua. And there really aren't any surprises of note.

Slimm?

Ive recently seen you change your opinion on Burrow relative to this thread, read that you called him a clown and don’t see that in this thread, can you elaborate or is that something you wanna keep private, if so thats cool

I like slimm's analysis for the most part, We disagree on Tannehill but I agree with pretty much most of his QB opinions of draft picks although two sleepers i have going into this draft. When posting a video i try to find complete games because you can learn alot from a QB's incompletions as you can his highlight reel.

1. James Morgan- I love the system he played in at FIU, good accuracy, scans the field well, pretty good arm I see a solid backup to spot starter in him.. He would be one guy i'd pick if he had to start in year 1 i'd expect him to do well.

2. Anthony Gordon- Like his accuracy, reading the field and intangibles.. What i'm really scared of is his pocket awareness and to a lesser extent his arm strength.. To be fair he could be fine at pocket awareness the air raid offense he ran at WSU really doesn't emphasize it because defenses would have only 4 rushers on any given play but if taken along slow i think he may be able to turn into a starter.

In all honesty this is a bad QB class outside of Tua, Burrow, and Herbert. I just don't buy into Love,Eason, Hurts, etc Honestly i'd take Fromm before any of those 3 i just posted and i don't think fromm more then a backup either. Love reminds me of the Bucs QB from years ago Josh Freeman to a perfect T, Eason has no touch, can't read a field and Jalen hurts will be out the NFL in 4 years imo.

* One prospect i'd invite in as a UDFA would be Deondre Francois, Kid has the talent to have been a good QB but made a huge mistake that derailed everything.. He would be worth a shot to see if he has grown up and if he can reach the potential he never achieved as a QB..

Back
Top Bottom