Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors)

I'm not afraid to be hard on Justin Herbert and I disagreed about his Washington performance but he was pretty superb against USC this weekend. That was one for the Herbert fans.

Slimm how mucb of Herberts lack of development witb anticipation and recognition do you think could be chalked up to coaching or lack there of at the college level? And how mucb of it do you think is just who he is and who he will always be as a qb?

I think you can limit that exposure at the pro level if you can maintain the sticks and run a pistol based o. Give him easy reads and let the arm and athlete show off.

I think burrow has a future in the NFL but I don’t think your passing on a future elite QB if you don’t take him. I feel the same way about Fromm

it’s tua, then I wanna take homerun shots at Herbert/love. Outside of those 3 I’d be underwhelmed. Just my preference.

that’s exactly where I am although id want to sit love for a year and probably think more top 15 draft pick value wise than top 5 in this class as a result. Tua or Herbert id start out the gate. Might be a slower curve with Herbert but I’d live with the ups and downs early.

im full on convinced tua and Herbert will be the first 2 qb cards turned in come April.

Reactions: A1.
that’s exactly where I am although id want to sit love for a year and probably think more top 15 draft pick value wise than top 5 in this class as a result. Tua or Herbert id start out the gate. Might be a slower curve with Herbert but I’d live with the ups and downs early.

im full on convinced tua and Herbert will be the first 2 qb cards turned in come April.

Herbert saved himself for me this year. I was 90% out on him

Prob just me but I see Love as too much spec / developmental for an R1.

Tho in the QB crazed NFL -- I guess we could see up to 7 QBs taken R1 in '20!

Back to Love -- I doubt he's ready for prime time in Y2. But I guess NFL OCs

are going to continue to dumb things down for these kids to come in and

be functional sooner than later... But when you factor (a) athlete + (b) NFL arm

+ potential to develop into a more classic pocket QB it's hard to not put Herbert

at the top of that list. IMO.

Anybody watch the LSU/Bama game?

Burrow dissected the Bama defense. Could Herbert pull that off...I doubt it, but who knows.

So I've definitely taken a look at Jake Luton before.

But I don't remember him moving like this.

Did he lose weight or something?

Anybody watch the LSU/Bama game?

Burrow dissected the Bama defense. Could Herbert pull that off...I doubt it, but who knows.

Let’s be real. That wasn’t a typical Alabama defense. As an Alabama hater, even I can recognize and acknowledge that. Honestly, this season’s Bama defense, with all the players that bolted for the NFL and current injuries, might be the worst of the Nick Saban era. It’s certainly up there.

Burrow certainly played well in that game, no doubt. As did Tua considering coming off the injury, as he threw for over 400 with 4 TD’s, but that looked like a glorified Big 12 game. Defense was bad on both sides IMO. If the defenses didn’t get immediate pressure via a blitz, they didn‘t do much.

Tackling was atrocious. Especially on the Bama side. Have you ever seen Bama miss so many tackles or get driven back several yards for 1st downs like that before? Clyde Edwards-Helaire is a nice player, but c’mon now. That was really bad defense.

And it wasn’t just this game. Bama’s defense hasn’t been especially good all season. They’ve played one of the weakest schedules, opponent win percentage wise, of any power 5 program. So it hasn’t been as noticeable to some.

How was Burrow’s performance in last season’s game, when Bama actually had a defense?

Let’s be real. That wasn’t a typical Alabama defense. As an Alabama hater, even I can recognize and acknowledge that. Honestly, this season’s Bama defense, with all the players that bolted for the NFL and current injuries, might be the worst of the Nick Saban era. It’s certainly up there.

Burrow certainly played well in that game, no doubt. As did Tua considering coming off the injury, as he threw for over 400 with 4 TD’s, but that looked like a glorified Big 12 game. Defense was bad on both sides IMO. If the defenses didn’t get immediate pressure via a blitz, they didn‘t do much.

Tackling was atrocious. Especially on the Bama side. Have you ever seen Bama miss so many tackles or get driven back several yards for 1st downs like that before? Clyde Edwards-Helaire is a nice player, but c’mon now. That was really bad defense.

And it wasn’t just this game. Bama’s defense hasn’t been especially good all season. They’ve played one of the weakest schedules, opponent win percentage wise, of any power 5 program. So it hasn’t been as noticeable to some.

How was Burrow’s performance in last season’s game, when Bama actually had a defense?
Are you going to make excuses for the other 3 ranked teams Burrow sliced up too? Auburn, Texas, and Florida. I’m not here to say one quarterback is better than the other. As a team LSU simply outplayed their opponents. Burrow and Edwards have been doing what they did in that game consistently.

Raekwon Davis
Terrell Lewis
Anfernee Jennings
Trevon Diggs
Xavier McKinney
Patrick Surtain

Ok, let's be real. These are all names that will be called within the 1st 3 rounds when they decide to come out. More importantly, they were all there last year on the defense that stopped Burrow. Did they forget how to tackle in a year? If Bama plays LSU in the CFP and shuts him down...did they suddenly remember how to tackle?

Stop making excuses. Burrow played a great game in a hostile environment against future NFL players.

So are you saying that Tua and Burrow don't perform like this on a consistent basis...and that this was the only game where they went up and down the field?

Yes...against Clemson last season. It happens when you face someone who can run as fast as you, block as well as you, tackle as hard as you. Bama just so ran into 2 teas that could match them...and they lost. It doesn't happen very often, but it happened those two times.

Subpar, which is why I applaud this effort against basically the same NFL players.

Are you going to make excuses for the other 3 ranked teams Burrow sliced up too? Auburn, Texas, and Florida. I’m not here to say one quarterback is better than the other. As a team LSU simply outplayed their opponents. Burrow and Edwards have been doing what they did in that game consistently.

Excuses... LOL. Sorry if you can't handle the truth.

Those other 'ranked' teams all have multiple losses. Are you freaking kidding me?

Texas is a crappy Big 12 team that has a loss to 4-5 TCU. That's seriously one of the 'ranked' teams you're touting? SMH.

Florida struggled with Miami and 4-5 Kentucky. You really really going to pretend they're any good?

Auburn was probably the best defense LSU faced and Burrow's production wasn't all that other worldly. 1 TD and 1 INT. Yet you try to claim he 'carved them up'. That's rich

Raekwon Davis
Terrell Lewis
Anfernee Jennings
Trevon Diggs
Xavier McKinney
Patrick Surtain

Ok, let's be real. These are all names that will be called within the 1st 3 rounds when they decide to come out. More importantly, they were all there last year on the defense that stopped Burrow.

Haha. This is pretty funny. Denial.

List all the names you want. This is clearly one of the more inferior defenses Bama has fielded in the Saban era. Anybody that watches them on a regular basis will tell you that. You really need to watch a lot more if this is the angle you're seriously trying to take.

Sorry, won't work on me.

did they suddenly remember how to tackle?

Apparently so. Have you watched their games? Did you watch that particular game? BTW, It wasn't Joe Burrow driving through defenders and dragging them for 1st downs.

Stop making excuses. Burrow played a great game in a hostile environment against future NFL players.

Stop with the hyperbole. Alabma's defense isn't good. It's nowhere close to a typical Alabama defense. Past reputation and performance is driving your evaluation. You're flat wrong.

Auburn is the best defense LSU has faced to date. Burrow had 1 TD and 1 INT. Probably pretty indicative of how he'll perform against defenses with a pulse.

So are you saying that Tua and Burrow don't perform like this on a consistent basis...and that this was the only game where they went up and down the field?

No, I didn't say that. Anywhere. I said the game was a glorified Big 12 game. Which it was. Little to no defense. If either defense didn't get immediate pressure via a blitz, they pretty didn't offer up much resistance. Coverage and tackling was atrocious.

Yes...against Clemson last season. It happens when you face someone who can run as fast as you, block as well as you, tackle as hard as you. Bama just so ran into 2 teas that could match them...and they lost. It doesn't happen very often, but it happened those two times.

No, it doesn't always happen when teams are evenly matched. You sure love to generalize and simplify.

Clemson surely did light Bama up last season (thank god!) but that still was a much better defense that this current team, even though they played poorly in that title game. That defense was several notches better than this one.

Excuses... LOL. Sorry if you can't handle the truth.

Those other 'ranked' teams all have multiple losses. Are you freaking kidding me?

Texas is a crappy Big 12 team that has a loss to 4-5 TCU. That's seriously one of the 'ranked' teams you're touting? SMH.

Florida struggled with Miami and 4-5 Kentucky. You really really going to pretend they're any good?

Auburn was probably the best defense LSU faced and Burrow's production wasn't all that other worldly. 1 TD and 1 INT. Yet you try to claim he 'carved them up'. That's rich

You are making excuses, that’s the truth. They made some errors that cost them the game. Like Tua fumbling the ball without even being contacted.

Not rich, LSU won. It’s not on a single player, it’s a team effort. He also had a 76.2% completion rate that Auburn game. LSU outplayed Alabama.

You are making excuses, that’s the truth. They made some errors that cost them the game. Like Tua fumbling the ball without even being contacted.

Not rich, LSU won. It’s not on a single player, it’s a team effort. He also had a 76.2% completion rate that Auburn game. LSU outplayed Alabama.

It's almost as if people think that it's impossible to match-up with Alabama, and every game should be lopsided in Bama's favor.

Back
Top Bottom