Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

I think Jacob Eason is going in the 1st round. He's having that type of year, the showing he really needed to have in order to live up to some of the hype that came in on him.

There are gonna be five guys going in the 1st round next year. Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, Jake Fromm, in some order but with Tua very likely #1.

It's gonna be fun because you look around the league and several of these older guys are going to be somewhere else, or retired, next year.

Hope that's the case. It'd increase Miami's chances of finding a trade-down partner. Based on where I think Miami should invest (OT, WR, CB), I'd feel much better about them moving down and acquiring more picks. This is predicated on the Pitt pick being Top 10, which is still likely imo.

Trade down.
I’m guessing you don’t have a definitive QB2.. this is a tough call for me because IMO the position is everything.
I understand the trade down- but I think- as an organization as talent evaluators- the team must have the gumption and knowledge to identify QB2 and run to the podium. I have to believe - among Love, Eason, Fromm, Herbert - said Franchise QB exists.
Heck- if they went Love/ Fromm - I wouldn’t even be upset. We’ve gotten to the point that we are actually losing in purpose for a QB. If not TUA- I may take 2 swings.

I’m guessing you don’t have a definitive QB2.. this is a tough call for me because IMO the position is everything.
I understand the trade down- but I think- as an organization as talent evaluators- the team must have the gumption and knowledge to identify QB2 and run to the podium. I have to believe - among Love, Eason, Fromm, Herbert - said Franchise QB exists.
Heck- if they went Love/ Fromm - I wouldn’t even be upset. We’ve gotten to the point that we are actually losing in purpose for a QB. If not TUA- I may take 2 swings.

Eh, I think Fromm can do well in a good situation. If you can get him after trading down, I'd be good with that. But, a good-enough QB is limiting by definition, and I wouldn't be jumping in face first. Love and Herbert are longshots at this point. I think you can justify taking a chance on either, but at 2?

I’d like to see more of Young, hopefully in the Playoffs and the combine. But if things go the way I think they will, I’m taking Chase Young.

I agree with those 5 QBs in the first round.

There’s a lot of teams figuring out their incumbent qb isn’t the answer.

I see it going down tua and Herbert top 5. Fromm top 15 and Eason and love top 25.

Last edited:
Ehlinger is a much better passer this year. Distancing himself from that Tim Tebow comp.

Still think he’s got battering ram in him but it’s night and day how much better a passer he’s become

Hope that's the case. It'd increase Miami's chances of finding a trade-down partner. Based on where I think Miami should invest (OT, WR, CB), I'd feel much better about them moving down and acquiring more picks. This is predicated on the Pitt pick being Top 10, which is still likely imo.

Right now we're #1, #7, #25, and #37.

I don't think a trade-down with a QB as target would happen with that spread.

Considering all the QBs that will be going Top 5 or Top 10, the focus with that #7 pick should probably be on picking up an elite caliber player at a non-QB position. They have no shortage of "good" picks over 2020 and 2021. What they need to do is make certain the picks count. Using that #7 pick on the 3rd or 4th best non-QB player in the draft is a pretty good way of doing that.

As for that #25 pick, it may be too far down the board. You'd have to hope someone feel pressured to move up there for perhaps the last of the five I pointed out above, or maybe someone falls in love with Jalen Hurts. So Miami could be stuck using this pick, although my preference would be on trading it down in order to keep your future budgets larger.

Ehlinger is a much better passer this year. Distancing himself from that Tim Tebow comp.

Still think he’s got battering ram in him but it’s night and day how much better a passer he’s become

Ehlinger is the most improved quarterback in the country.

Yeah I think he’s made himself a top 50 pick.

He's gotten more consistent with setting his feet and the result is he's hitting tighter windows with more consistency.

Ehlinger checks a lot of boxes in terms of size, athleticism, intangibles and leadership.

He's gotten more consistent with setting his feet and the result is he's hitting tighter windows with more consistency.

Ehlinger checks a lot of boxes in terms of size, athleticism, intangibles and leadership.

Stay in school go in round 1 next year. And go high too

Right now we're #1, #7, #25, and #37.

I don't think a trade-down with a QB as target would happen with that spread.

Considering all the QBs that will be going Top 5 or Top 10, the focus with that #7 pick should probably be on picking up an elite caliber player at a non-QB position. They have no shortage of "good" picks over 2020 and 2021. What they need to do is make certain the picks count. Using that #7 pick on the 3rd or 4th best non-QB player in the draft is a pretty good way of doing that.

As for that #25 pick, it may be too far down the board. You'd have to hope someone feel pressured to move up there for perhaps the last of the five I pointed out above, or maybe someone falls in love with Jalen Hurts. So Miami could be stuck using this pick, although my preference would be on trading it down in order to keep your future budgets larger.
I think the Pitt pick becomes 10-12 but still elite pick if 4 - 5 QBs go top 10. Top 7 positional players = shutdown corner, pro bowl type LT, elite #1 type WR.
#25- I would be looking to target BPA and hopeful one on the centers drop or the ND Olineman. The pick sets up nicely for interior OL

I agree with those 5 QBs in the first round.

There’s a lot of teams figuring out their incumbent qb isn’t the answer.

I see it going down tua and Herbert top 5. Fromm top 15 and Eason and love top 25.
I think Fromm is a top 5 pick. Teams will fall in love with the character, intangibles, resume. This kids been in spotlight forever. LL World Series, Netflix QB1, Georgia As true Freshman.

I think Fromm is a top 5 pick. Teams will fall in love with the character, intangibles, resume. This kids been in spotlight forever. LL World Series, Netflix QB1, Georgia As true Freshman.

And even aside from all that, he's a hell of a quarterback. He made some stupendous throws against Notre Dame.

Back
Top Bottom