Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Yes!! Best part of after the draft is looking forward to Slimms new draft posts!

I still want Tua on this team, I don’t care who they just traded for.

Tua is an outstanding prospect and Miami will be truly blessed to have him under center.

I also can't wait for the inevitable rematch. Duel between the 2 best qbs i've ever seen as young players. I can't wait till the season.

If none or the majority, of the top 5 under class men don't declare for the 2020 draft, 2021 is going to potentially be an epic QB Draft!!!

Love to see this so early. Curious where you would have Lawrence ranked if he were eligible?

4th behind Fromm - just because I've only seen one year of Ridder.

By the way, and this is for the stat thumpers. I wonder if they realize Jacob Eason ranks dead last on this entire list both in terms of career YPA (5.3) and QB rating (90.2).

There, that should confuse the devil out of 'em.

Thanks I hadn't seen this.

Love to see this so early. Curious where you would have Lawrence ranked if he were eligible?

Probably the #1 prospect. Lawrence is a special talent in terms of size, frame, arm, character and leadership. He has such a quick stroke to be so long. Sneaky athletic when he gets out on a scramble too. All he needs is more experience. But the experience he got last season as a freshman was worth it's weight in gold. The big game experiences that a lot of quarterbacks who play 4 years never get.

You saw the learning curve with him a little bit as he learned how to protect himself a little bit more after he got knocked out of the game in his first start against Syracuse. He began to understand this wasn't high school anymore. He'll only get better from here.

Probably the #1 prospect. Lawrence is a special talent in terms of size, frame, arm, character and leadership. He has such a quick stroke to be so long. Sneaky athletic when he gets out on a scramble too. All he needs is more experience. But the experience he got last season as a freshman was worth it's weight in gold. The big game experiences that a lot of quarterbacks who play 4 years never get.

You saw the learning curve with him a little bit as he learned how to protect himself a little bit more after he got knocked out of the game in his first start against Syracuse. He began to understand this wasn't high school anymore. He'll only get better from here.

He's the best freshman QB I've ever seen..

He's the best freshman QB I've ever seen..

Him and Phillip Rivers. Two best true freshman QB's I've ever seen.

Jameis Winston was pretty good too, but he was a RS Freshman.

I dont know Ted, word from Bama media and Clemson media is both arent going to be great this year because of absolute identical spring games.

Obvious sarcasm by the way lol.

I dont know Ted, word from Bama media and Clemson media is both arent going to be great this year because of absolute identical spring games.

Obvious sarcasm by the way lol.

"Here's a $20. Bury two of 'em".

-Bear Bryant, after being asked to chip in ten dollars
to help cover the cost of a sportswriters funeral

Him and Phillip Rivers. Two best true freshman QB's I've ever seen.

Jameis Winston was pretty good too, but he was a RS Freshman.

Obviously its too early too say, but do you think Lawrence will end up in your Ryan/Luck/Cutler class of betting the house on them?

4th behind Fromm - just because I've only seen one year of Ridder.

By the way, and this is for the stat thumpers. I wonder if they realize Jacob Eason ranks dead last on this entire list both in terms of career YPA (5.3) and QB rating (90.2).

There, that should confuse the devil out of 'em.

Those numbers shocked me because I didn't remember Eason's season at Georgia being that inept. You never see a major program quarterback with YPA numbers like 5.3. I check cfbstats.com all the time and isolate certain categories, with YPA chief among them, along with defensive YPA. I was certain I would have remembered something like 5.3. A major college quarterback could not survive an entire season at that level.

The Jacob Eason numbers are not close to correct. He had very low completion percentage (55.1%) during his freshman season at Georgia, but the YPA was only moderately low at 6.6 and the QB rating was 120.26.

Then he only threw 7 passes in 2017 after being beaten out by Fromm.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jacob-eason-1.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/257/passing/index.html

"Here's a $20. Bury two of 'em".

-Bear Bryant, after being asked to chip in ten dollars
to help cover the cost of a sportswriters funeral

Hardly news. Legitimate scrutiny is never welcome in Tuscaloosa or other sheltered college towns. Don't dare ask the questions when you can merely be absorbed and write public relations pieces, while being championed by all your buddies at the bar.

Those numbers shocked me because I didn't remember Eason's season at Georgia being that inept. You never see a major program quarterback with YPA numbers like 5.3. I check cfbstats.com all the time and isolate certain categories, with YPA chief among them, along with defensive YPA. I was certain I would have remembered something like 5.3. A major college quarterback could not survive an entire season at that level.

The Jacob Eason numbers are not close to correct. He had very low completion percentage (55.1%) during his freshman season at Georgia, but the YPA was only moderately low at 6.6 and the QB rating was 120.26.

Then he only threw 7 passes in 2017 after being beaten out by Fromm.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jacob-eason-1.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/257/passing/index.html

Yep, he attempted 377 passes for Georgia over the 2016/2017 seasons. His average YPA for those 377 passing attempts was 5.3 (last on this entire list).

He didn't survive it. Fromm beat him out.

I'm not sure if you're disputing these facts or not. But they're facts either way.

Back
Top Bottom