Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

That would not be considered horrible placement on any level of football.

ummm only an elite NFL wr would be able to remotely get two toes down on that td pass. or are we saying great pass and the wr allowed himself to only have enough clearance to barely get 1 foot in. but yes it is great to see he has that type of arm range, arm strong enough to throw a hole thru a man on a pass that was prob a tad late or couldve been thrown in front of a little and then next play nice touch on a pass that is going to carry 99% of NFL wr's out of bounds before they can get two feet in. Prob be best if he can just grad transfer to OK next year, that would help his draft stock.

I like Fromm and he could easily be better than Burrow cause that’s how life goes and the fact is NO ONE truely knows.

But with that said I don’t see how anyone can watch Fromm and Burrow play this year and then want to draft Fromm before Burrow.

Fromm manages games, Burrow makes plays.

When I was watching the Alabama/LSU game, more than once, I thought, "Which of these plays could Fromm NOT make?" He's not as elusive in the pocket as Burrow, but outside of that, I'd be really curious to see someone who thinks Burrow should be a Top 5 pick point to a pass Fromm wouldn't make. It's especially pertinent when we consider that Fromm had been much more accurate than Burrow heading into 2019 and when we understand that Burrow's 2018 offense is much more similar to the one that Fromm has been stuck in his entire career at Georgia.

My take is this... There's a stretch in Q4 where Burrow makes some game defining plays
starting at 12:50 and then concluding around 13:30. In my view these are big league
crunch time plays that define game outcomes... I think that's precisely what folks
don't see from Fromm.

My take is this... There's a stretch in Q4 where Burrow makes some game defining plays
starting at 12:50 and then concluding around 13:30. In my view these are big league
crunch time plays that define game outcomes... I think that's precisely what folks
don't see from Fromm.

He made a pretty impressive flat footed throw for 15-20 yards under pressure to ice the game against Florida. That was just 2 weeks ago. Probably should check it out.

Was listening to the Ringer NFL Show, and Robert Mays mentioned that the league people he spoke with were not especially high on Tua - that he and Burrow were more good than great. In Burrow's case, I think that's obviously true, but it makes me think that Tua could fall a but - like Watson did in 2017.

Herbert, Eason, and Love (if he declares) will win the throwing in shorts competitions. Fingers crossed.

Was listening to the Ringer NFL Show, and Robert Mays mentioned that the league people he spoke with were not especially high on Tua - that he and Burrow were more good than great. In Burrow's case, I think that's obviously true, but it makes me think that Tua could fall a but - like Watson did in 2017.

Herbert, Eason, and Love (if he declares) will win the throwing in shorts competitions. Fingers crossed.

Imagine having that type of luck...

I think it's pretty obvious that when you're projecting to the next level, those are the 3 that could be better pros than they were college players. You can't necessarily project that for Tua because he's already so good. But all three of Herbert, Eason and Love have so much upside at the next level.

As I've mentioned before, I don't think it's ever difficult to figure out who the NFL is going to like when it comes to quarterbacks. They want physical tools and upside. Problem is, it takes more than that so it usually doesn't work out. But they'll never cease approaching it that way.

I think what you also have to understand is that THIS time of the season is when you're hearing from the scouting handbook, not from the highest decision-makers.

LATER is when you see the highest decision-makers weigh in. Those guys tend to go off-book a lot more than the scouts. It's their nature. Coaches start to influence the process a bit, and the guys all the way at the top start to fall in love with 'their' guys based on idiosyncrasies.

Based on the handbook, absolutely you're going to get more enthusiasm (if not necessarily higher rankings) on guys like Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, and Jacob Eason.

But when it comes time for the General Managers and Head Coaches to start honing into the players they're going to bet their professional lives on...you'd be surprised how much that scouting handbook gets thrown out the window, and how married they become to the prospect that speaks to them.

During those shorts competitions, Burrow is going to look like Tom Brady in terms of physically not imposing, and Tua will be the short plump kid.

No question the others will draw the raves from a physical perspective.

I really wish the combine would add to its repertoire. Have a real world drill in which the quarterback is forced up in the pocket and then slides to either direction, now staying barely behind the line of scrimmage with someone approaching his face and forced to chose a down field target. Some of those targets are line drives, others speculative lobs.

I want to see who can make those throws, using creativity and touch. That's where a Minshew would have stood out. At that Purdue/Nebraska game I attended two weeks ago Martinez of Nebraska absolutely could have ended the game at 10-0 but he missed a wide open touchdown when his touch pass was overthrown.

That’d be the best damn outcome if Tua fell right into Miami’s lap.

don't see from Fromm.

So a flats throw vs blitz pressure that is gonna be on 3rd and 10 3 yards short if diggs doesn’t jump on the backs back and get carried over the first down marker? And a qb designed run draw called in from the sideline are qb defining plays?

heck that first ball at the 1250 mark looks like it’s a force into I would assume zone coverage. Good thing it had hair on it. More hair than I expected from burrow frankly.

I like the play after that the most he pivots from one side to the other and hits his inside breaking route just as he’s gonna take contact.

man that dude looks so much like Troy aikman standing in the pocket. The way he holds the ball the way his shoulders are pointing etc. that’s aikman. Minus the arm aspect

Last edited:
So a flats throw vs blitz pressure that is gonna be on 3rd and 10 3 yards short if diggs doesn’t jump on the backs back and get carried over the first down marker? And a qb designed run draw called in from the sideline are qb defining plays?

heck that first ball at the 1250 mark looks like it’s a force into I would assume zone coverage. Good thing it had hair on it. More hair than I expected from burrow frankly.

I like the play after that the most he pivots from one side to the other and hits his inside breaking route just as he’s gonna take contact.

man that dude looks so much like Troy aikman standing in the pocket. The way he holds the ball the way his shoulders are pointing etc. that’s aikman. Minus the arm aspect

Point is SIMPLE!

He made the plays!

Any disputing that FACT????

:lol:

The Purdue kid Aidan O'Connell will probably turn out to be nothing. Not highly rated at any stage. But when he entered the game against Nebraska two weeks ago I was immediately impressed by his poise and mechanics. Far superior to the guy he replaced due to injury. All the Boilermaker fans sitting next to me were pessimistic. I told them to keep watching. This might turn out to be okay. He throws a quick catchable snap pass from the ear and is very relaxed out there.

Back
Top Bottom