Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

The hand size thing could be an issue particularly as it's shown up in bad weather games. He might have to wear a glove in bad weather, which some NFL quarterbacks do. That means he's got to get used to throwing with a glove, which is a new experience I think he tried recently against maybe Texas A&M or someone like that. It's just going to take reps to get used to that.

Most NFL teams when they get into bad weather games already pare down their passing offense to account for the weather, and not even because of the quarterbacks so much as the receivers. And the quarterbacks also clearly pull velocity off the ball in bad weather. I was watching a bad weather matchup between Jimmy Garoppolo and Lamar Jackson earlier this year. Doing the velocity readouts on that game was like doing velocity on an FCS game. Everything was touch, and then when they threw balls that you could stand to see some mustard on, they still threw them softly.

As for the completion percentage in the last couple of games, you've got to step away from box score scouting and actually look at the games themselves. He didn't suddenly become inaccurate. And he threw touchdowns in those games, the only one he lost was to that LSU juggernaut. Who the hell is he even throwing the football to at Georgia, in that ridiculously conservative, unimaginative offense?

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Chris Grier given his background and tendencies drafts a quarterback w/ little hands

especially on a Fromm. Would be different if he was multi dimensional like Kyler Murray

I tend to doubt Chris Grier would be beholden to that. The last two QBs that Grier fell in love with were Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray and both were reputed to have small hands until they turned up to measurement day having done plenty of finger exercises and suddenly measuring out at "just good enough" levels.

Which is probably how Fromm is going to come out, by the way.

I tend to doubt Chris Grier would be beholden to that. The last two QBs that Grier fell in love with were Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray and both were reputed to have small hands until they turned up to measurement day having done plenty of finger exercises and suddenly measuring out at "just good enough" levels.

Doesn't hide the fact that he can't grip a wet ball though does it ?

Murray's hand size might be ok but when i look at him throw- I've never seen a football look bigger in a QB's hand, the ball looks enormous and he appears to grip it very high near the top.

Doesn't hide the fact that he can't grip a wet ball though does it ?

No it won't. Scouts will know that regardless of measurement. Which is why he will wear a glove in games that feature bad weather, similar to several other quarterbacks out there.

No it won't. Scouts will know that regardless of measurement. Which is why he will wear a glove in games that feature bad weather, similar to several other quarterbacks out there.

He tried wearing a glove in his last game in the rain, he had to take it off because he was even more inaccurate with it on. He is a dome QB basically.

He tried wearing a glove in his last game in the rain, he had to take it off because he was even more inaccurate with it on. He is a dome QB basically.

He will be forced to give it more of a try.

Or not. NFL teams already pare down and adapt their passing games in bad conditions. Watching Jimmmy Garoppolo and Lamar Jackson face off in the rain this year was like watching watching two FCS quarterbacks for all the zip on the ball they showed (or didn't show, which is the point).

They are both the #1 seed in their respective conferences, btw.

It's not the big deal people with agendas will make it out to be.

He will be forced to give it more of a try.

Or not. NFL teams already pare down and adapt their passing games in bad conditions. Watching Jimmmy Garoppolo and Lamar Jackson face off in the rain this year was like watching watching two FCS quarterbacks for all the zip on the ball they showed (or didn't show, which is the point).

They are both the #1 seed in their respective conferences, btw.

It's not the big deal people with agendas will make it out to be.

I don't know if you watched the Citrus Bowl yesterday, but watching Shea Pattinson wearing a glove on a sunny day in Florida was laughable :)

Back to Fromm, I hear you but it will knock his draft stock, the analysis is already out there that you can't take him outside in the wet, that'll put off a lot of teams thinking about taking him. Jimmy G and Lamar for all their faults in college, that was hardly a consideration for their evaluation, it will be a bigger one for Fromm especially when couple with the small hand size even if he stretches them enough to make regulation.

I don't know if you watched the Citrus Bowl yesterday, but watching Shea Pattinson wearing a glove on a sunny day in Florida was laughable :)

Back to Fromm, I hear you but it will knock his draft stock, the analysis is already out there that you can't take him outside in the wet, that'll put off a lot of teams thinking about taking him. Jimmy G and Lamar for all their faults in college, that was hardly a consideration for their evaluation, it will be a bigger one for Fromm especially when couple with the small hand size even if he stretches them enough to make regulation.

It will have a discrete impact on his draft stock, most likely. Or his hands will somehow measure 9 and 1/4 and teams will scratch it off. Who knows.

Fromm looks like a solid prospect to me. Not fantastic, but a "steady as she goes" type of guy. Personally I want someone with a little bit more electricity....

Fromm looks like a solid prospect to me. Not fantastic, but a "steady as she goes" type of guy. Personally I want someone with a little bit more electricity....

It would be demoralizing to go through a hopeful transition and end up with Jake Fromm. It would feel like trying to win a relay race with a B team

It would be demoralizing to go through a hopeful transition and end up with Jake Fromm. It would feel like trying to win a relay race with a B team

I can't say any more simply...it would be a complete blunder to be so close to this opportunity and not walk away with Tua.

Back
Top Bottom