Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Tua Tagovailoa / Alabama / 6’0”, 220

2. Jacob Eason / Washington / 6’6”, 227 (Transferred from Georgia)

3. Jordan Love / Utah St. / 6’4”, 225

4. Jake Fromm / Georgia / 6’2”, 220

5. K.J. Costello / Stanford / 6’5”, 215

6. Desmond Ridder** / Cincinnati / 6’4”, 212

7. Jaime Newman / Wake Forest / 6'4", 230

8. Cole McDonald / Hawaii / 6’4”, 205

9. Sam Ehlinger / Texas / 6’3”, 235

10. Charlie Brewer / Baylor / 6’1”, 202

11. Collin Hill / Colorado St. / 6'5", 214 (Out for season - torn ACL)

12. Chase Garbers** / California / 6'2", 205 (Likely out for season - shoulder)

13. Kenny Pickett / Pittsburgh / 6’2”, 220

14. Shane Buechele / SMU / 6'1", 207 (Transferred from Texas)

15. Jack Abraham / Southern Miss / 6’0”, 204

Last edited:
You agree with me that Love is better then Fromm :cheers:

Well, I wouldn't say it definitively - Fromm is an outstanding QB prospect. It's very close. Love checks the same boxes for me that Fromm does, although he checks just one or two more that Fromm doesn't. I think Love operates slightly better when pressured and is more comfortable stepping through throws with bodies around him and from different platforms. But when Fromm is on, he can be really good.

There's a few folks that like to beat up on Tua for a few interceptions he threw against Clemson or Georgia - but I still haven't seen him throw one as bad as the steak Fromm lobbed up to P.J. Locke in a beatdown against Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

Wow that top four is pretty much exactly as I'd have it. I would love to know where you'd slide Herbert in relative to those four.

It would have been fun if Armani Rogers had stepped up this year. Alas.

That entire Top 10 is looking about where I'd have it, now that I look at it. Including Jarrett Doege, who we've talked about.

What makes Tua a truly great prospect to me other than what a great person and hard worker he is - is the level of anticipation and accuracy he can throw with. The anticipation is honestly at a level I haven't seen from a college quarterback in a long time. He can see passing windows open up before they actually do.

I believe you're going to see more development from Tua during his 2nd season as the starter. You're going to see more progression based reads and post snap verification in Steve Sarkisian's offense. More staples of the WCO. You'll still see him execute the RPO's at a masterful level - but more full field reads mixed in with the timing of his drop.

I think Tua still feels like he has a lot to prove. He's not done proving just yet.

This class is going to be so much better than the 2019 class. There will not be a need to push a prospect up the board at this position like there was in the 2019 draft.

Franks didn't make it?

incontheivable.jpg

:lol:

Fromm needs to take more risks before I'd be comfortable drafting him high as the face of my franchise. I know it's a product of the system but he plays it so safe that things seem to go very awry when things go off script.

Wow that top four is pretty much exactly as I'd have it. I would love to know where you'd slide Herbert in relative to those four.

4th behind Fromm - just because I've only seen one year of Ridder.

By the way, and this is for the stat thumpers. I wonder if they realize Jacob Eason ranks dead last on this entire list both in terms of career YPA (5.3) and QB rating (90.2).

There, that should confuse the devil out of 'em.

I don't disagree with the top 5...I really like Jacob Eason and have since he was a High School player. A lot of tools, big powerful kid.

I think I would put Fromm in front of Love personally, but I fully get that Love could have a lot more to work with as far as physical tools.

I never got people playing down Tua as a prospect because of the one game they saw him play in (I guess I get it because it was the one game they actually watched).

I am looking forward to your DE rankings as I think Chase Young is a better prospect then Bosa was with Epenesa not far behind.

It would have been fun if Armani Rogers had stepped up this year. Alas.

Yeah tore the plantar plate in his big toe and essentially missed half the season. But played in a few too many games to receive a medical RS. Basically a wasted season for him.

Back
Top Bottom