Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Insane that Colorado State were only favored against Western Illinois by like 7 points.

Collin Hill diced them up. As he should.

I really like how, ever since the Nevada game last year where he under-threw several deep balls and the coach told the following week he needs to let it rip and trust his receivers, he really has let it rip on those deep passes. Sometimes they miss, but they often hit, and when they do, they become touchdowns. It harkens back to what Slimm has been arguing about Tua's deep throws.

Insane that Colorado State were only favored against Western Illinois by like 7 points.

Collin Hill diced them up. As he should.

I really like how, ever since the Nevada game last year where he under-threw several deep balls and the coach told the following week he needs to let it rip and trust his receivers, he really has let it rip on those deep passes. Sometimes they miss, but they often hit, and when they do, they become touchdowns. It harkens back to what Slimm has been arguing about Tua's deep throws.

Collin Hill debuting at #6. Reminds me a lot of Kerry Collins.

Ben Hicks has been named the starter in Arkansas, with Nick Starkel behind him as the backup.

Hicks is the guy Chad Morris had in mind from the start but you could tell that Starkel's performance in camp made it really hard. I have a feeling they'll make a change before the season is done. Regardless, have to take Starkel off watch for now.

Chad Morris used to coach at my old high school in Bay City, Texas. The problem he faces with these two is that Hicks is a better fit for his system and knows the offense and he doesn't turn the football over, but he can't move the offense either.

Starkel is going to bring the big passing plays downfield - but also the turnovers. I think Starkel may just be dumb as a sack of hammers. I don't know. I just watched him throw to the wrong receiver on a double pass.

Yeah I was wondering about that play. But there seemed like a lot going on with that play. His decision wasn't the only inconsistency.

It *would* explain some things, though. There's a cloud hanging over this dude's head and it's nothing to do with his general attitude or disposition, because everyone swears he's the nicest guy.

If it were 10-15 years ago or so, I'd suggest the possibility he's semi-openly gay and that this could be hurting him. I know that has affected some players' standing in the past.

But seeing that play did make me wonder if he's thick.

Anyway, low key this Colorado State vs. Arkansas matchup will sport two of the better, unknown pro translatable QB prospects eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft. These guys both have innate traits in them that should buy them opportunities in the NFL.

My biggest issue with ridder is he doesn’t feel back side pressure at all.

I can see why you like the tools though.

Joey Burrow had a hell of a game! Thanks to Slimms rankings i went back and looked at him. This past Saturday what he did against Texas was really impressive!

Took a good look at Eason's work against Cal.

- He was better than his stat line
- He still has issues with accuracy if anything interrupts his rhythm

Collin Hill had an Arkansas player go low on his plant leg this Saturday in the 3rd quarter (tied 34-34), and the fear is he may have torn his ACL on that same knee for the 3rd time. MRI happened yesterday and Mike Bobo's press conference is today.

I feel so bad for the guy. He's a really good player who could've been even better if he'd been able to have a normal college career.

From an arm strength & velocity standpoint there's very little, if anything at all, separating Tua Tagovailoa and Jake Fromm. They're both qualified. But it's clear Jordan Love and Justin Herbert are the swinging dicks that way, among the top prospects.

We knew this, but it's quantifiable.

Back
Top Bottom