Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (seniors)

Worth noting that most successful NFL WR's declare early. WR is always one of those positions where people think a draft will produce 20+ good players, but only about 5 end up being good.

I think 2020 will produce more than that, but odds are only 2 or 3 of these guys will be good NFL players. I feel best about Bryan Edwards and Tyler Johnson developing into good pros - with Jauan Jennings and James Proche also having a decent chance. There are some others who have some chance, but I wouldn't want to spend more than a late flyer on them.

Proche and Hill would be great 4th Rd value.

Hill is definitely worth a look on Day 3. I should have mentioned Mims, too - not because he's having a great week but because he was very good at Baylor. Easy to discount Baylor WR's, but Mims is has skills - moves really well for a guy his size, knows how to uncover, and he can go get the ball. Looks like he'll easily run in the 4.4's, and unlike most of the other Seniors, he's been good since his Soph season at Baylor.

Van Jefferson runs some sweet routes. Looked like the class of the senior bowl WRs to me

Brandon Aiyuk from Arizona State looks a really dangerous attack weapon when he gets out in the open after making a catch. He has good hands, genuine speed and could be the sort of player Miami could be interested in. Does anyone see any negatives in his game?

Last edited:
Brandon Aiyuk from Arizona State looks a really dangerous attack weapon when he gets out in the open. He has genuine speed and could be the sort of player Miami could be interested in. Does anyone see any negatives in his game?

Negatives = route running and getting off press

I’m really liking Antonio Gandy Golden reminds me of a stronger DeVante Parker.

Back
Top Bottom