Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (underclassman) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (underclassman)

IDK what your deal with Chase Young is, but you surely can’t resist taking pot shots.

Also noticed you never responded to the last time I called BS on your assertions that Young doesn‘t create opportunities for teammates by providing multiple examples of him doing so in the Clemson game. I‘m pretty sure I know why.

I can hear the excuses forthcoming already when Young eventually succeeds in the NFL.

Laughable. I'm a big picture guy not a details guy. I don't give a flip about one player. My entire focus is on easily identifiable criteria that allow defeating the norm far more often than not with little time expenditure or devotion to dullard subjectivity. The last thing I'm going to do is go over play and nitpick with some details guy or tape guy. Sons of Shula was the last clown who wanted that type of thing. You can't waste time doing it because the tape goofs are never satisfied. You deflect one aspect and they switch to something else. Then something else again. Parallels never exist in their mind because they have to cleanse everything with another wave of subjectivity.

Lance Zierlein described well in his rundown of every player invited to the combine: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chase-young?id=3219594f-5514-6550-d662-263c81d981b1

Weaknesses
  • Non-factor in the playoff loss to Clemson

There, why don't you go argue with Zierlien? I'm sure he'll have wonderful patience while suppressing laughter at your desperate insistence that Chase Young opened up one play after another for all those talentless teammates on the Buckeye defense, the ones simply incapable of doing anything on their own.

This is what you can't stand: The rest of us understand why Chase Young skipped the combine. He would have bombed the combine. I posted those high school numbers here many months ago for exactly that reason. Chase Young is not the supreme explosive athlete that all the tape guys wanted to pretend he was. Analytics are paramount toward defensive end and particularly the test scores like vertical jump that Chase Young flunked.

I already posted that Chase Young would be a very good player in the NFL. Apparently you ignored that post. I wrote that guys who are premier high school recruits and go on to have quick success in college are seldom rejected by the current NFL. I wrote that regarding Fromm and Young in the same post. It doesn't matter what I think of them. Their resume points toward success.

But the hand size and lack of point production points toward Fromm being less than great at the next level, and the lack of explosiveness points toward Chase Young underperforming expectation at the next level.

If it doesn't pan out that way I'm not going to change my approach in the slightest. I'll apply the criteria to the next guy who flunks the analytics at defensive end. Chase Young is not a player. He is part of the sample. Same thing with Josh Rosen. He was not a player. He is an example of 10th pick quarterback in one draft being available for a late second the following year. You do it and don't care about the outcome. Systems win and scattergun subjectivity is comically fragile. I'm never impressed with anyone who is devoted to subjectivity who does it without a numerical backdrop. The first day I arrived in Las Vegas I was standing near the television monitors at Stardust and noticed everybody wagering on the games was doing exactly the same thing: They were watching every game. They were changing their mind constantly. They were allowing subjective overload to dictate every decision, toward who they wagered on that day and the following week, etc. And everyone was complaining. Seemingly everyone was losing.

Simple conclusion: That is the one approach I've never going to take. The next day I headed out to Gambler's Book Club on dusty Charleston Boulevard and swooped up all the relevant record books I could find. It was the single greatest decision I made in that town. Within a week I had systems and clarity. Subjectivity was already in second place and being further demoted. I'm always annoyed that it can't be set aside completely.

If you don't like my approach, that's fine. It makes me chuckle. I've got dozens of golf matchup wagers in play this weekend at the Honda Classic. It was pure plug and play based on numbers. The names meant nothing.

BTW, for others who are interested in the numbers, and that post I made regarding speed vital for a running back, I checked the 2019 list of running backs with highest yards per carry. Sure enough, speed was paramount. There were far more guys on that list who ran 4.50 or less than 4.60 or greater. Specifically it was 14 guys at 4.50 or lower and only 6 at 4.60 or higher. I went down to 4.2 YPC or something like that. Running backs who emerge out of nowhere are far more likely to be a speedball than a clever type. Be very careful rationalizing anything 4.60 and upward at running back. Far preferable to look for speedballs who aren't automatic rejects for other reasons:

Sorry for the marathon post but I'll paste some of that here:

* Mostert 4.34

* Edwards 4.52

* Singletary 4.66

* Henry 4.54

* Breida 4.38

* Ingram 4.62

* Chubb 4.52

* McCaffrey 4.49

* Drake 4.45

* Jacobs 4.60

* Kamara 4.56