Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (underclassman)

Only top 10 receiver in this draft is Jeudy.

It's close but definitely Wallace over Ruggs. Wallace plays like he's 6'6" with stickum at the catchpoint over DB's. At the moment of truth I'm constantly in awe of what Wallace does over and over and over again.

You worried at all about that catch point ability to always win vs nfl dbs? I ask cause I don’t see the elite level athlete climb the ladder wise or the size.

Just something to consider I guess. Can’t think of anyone in the nfl that consistently wins on those at 6 foot or under

He’s got dog in him so that helps

You worried at all about that catch point ability to always win vs nfl dbs? I ask cause I don’t see the elite level athlete climb the ladder wise or the size.

Just something to consider I guess. Can’t think of anyone in the nfl that consistently wins on those at 6 foot or under

He’s got dog in him so that helps

Not anymore worried about it than I was D.K. Metcalf's cone time to be honest. People tend to find one thing and focus on it so much they miss the bigger picture.

Not anymore worried about it than I was D.K. Metcalf's cone time to be honest. People tend to find one thing and focus on it so much they miss the bigger picture.

I imagine Seattle is using him on mostly speed cut route concept asks.

I imagine Seattle is using him on mostly speed cut route concept asks.

That's what it looks like but honestly I don't know. Point is he's producing big plays, just like he did at Ole Miss. Great players aren't perfect.

Slim I know he isn't eligible now, but I am curious how you would rate Jaylen Waddle. Jeudy grabs all the headlines, and with good reason. Third and short, Waddle looks like money in the bank. Seems the kind of WR Tom Brady turns into a superstar.

Or maybe I'm just easy to please?

Slim I know he isn't eligible now, but I am curious how you would rate Jaylen Waddle. Jeudy grabs all the headlines, and with good reason. Third and short, Waddle looks like money in the bank. Seems the kind of WR Tom Brady turns into a superstar.

Or maybe I'm just easy to please?

We recruited a lot of great prospects in that class with Waddle - but if you go read the Alabama thread in the college football forum back then, this is the kid I kept hoping would commit to Bama.

I compared him to David Palmer looking at his high school film.

Around here, we have a name for Waddle. Acinonyx jubatus. Otherwise known as a cheetah.

David Palmer, Santana Moss, Steve Smith - pick your comparison. He’s in that category.

Thank you Slimm. Good to know my eyes don't deceive me. In addition to his obvious skills, he looks to have a lot of heart. A good slot receiver can really help move the chains. He also seems to be quite capable of catching the long ball too.

P.S. Anyone accusing you of cherry picking videos in the Tua vs Trevor thread should be shot on site. I'd imagine it was embarrassing for you to post videos on what looks to be the worst Alabama defense I have seen in awhile. Forget talent, the effort was pathetic. Very un-Alabama like.

We recruited a lot of great prospects in that class with Waddle - but if you go read the Alabama thread in the college football forum back then, this is the kid I kept hoping would commit to Bama.

I compared him to David Palmer looking at his high school film.

Around here, we have a name for Waddle. Acinonyx jubatus. Otherwise known as a cheetah.

David Palmer, Santana Moss, Steve Smith - pick your comparison. He’s in that category.
Hey Slim-
Who would be an NFL comp for Jeudy- wondering if he is a viable option in 5-10 range with Pitt pick. Top10 WR IMO must be a guy that cant be covered 1/1 - a game changer type. ie Julio, Odell type talent level.

I like waddle I think he’s a lot like what you already have in Albert Wilson.

In terms of ideal usage etc.

Thank you Slimm. Good to know my eyes don't deceive me. In addition to his obvious skills, he looks to have a lot of heart. A good slot receiver can really help move the chains. He also seems to be quite capable of catching the long ball too.

P.S. Anyone accusing you of cherry picking videos in the Tua vs Trevor thread should be shot on site. I'd imagine it was embarrassing for you to post videos on what looks to be the worst Alabama defense I have seen in awhile. Forget talent, the effort was pathetic. Very un-Alabama like.

It is embarrassing to see Bama’s defense play the way they do now. They’re no better this year than they were last year. A lot of it due to injuries and so many freshman and young players being forced to play before they’re ready.

But most of it is just due to the style of football we play now. This is what football has come to. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to seeing Bama play this style of football. But it’s here.

When you score in 3 plays all the time - it’s the same as a 3-and-out to your defense.

I think our longest scoring drive today was 4 minutes. You just can’t play defense like that.

When Bob Stoops first got to Oklahoma, they played the best defense in the country. After he went to the Mike Leach style of offense - they could no longer play defense.

Same thing is happening at LSU right now. And Alabama.

Just the way football is now if you’re on the cutting edge of offensive football. Your defense goes by the wayside, even with the talent programs like Oklahoma, Bama, and LSU recruit on defense.

Well Slimm, I feel your pain and miss the "physical intimidation" aspect that used to be part of any good defense. The way the rules are now a WR has little to fear.

Someone had made a post about Tua not looking "special" against Ole Miss. I didn't see the game but saw some of the Clemson game. Sure looked like Carolina was playing some defense. Goldilocks wasn't having many 3 play scoring drives. It was gutsy to go for two points but overtime might have been smarter (at least call a better play). Second time in a row the tar heels have done that IIRC.

The way you make it sound defensive players will be sipping pink Zinfandel soon. I'd expect that stuff from Cali guys but never thought I'd see the day from southern guys.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend Sir.

Sage Surratt had a nice matchup over the weekend against Brandon Sebastian and he definitely won the matchup. He's a monster.

Isaiah Hodgins is really smooth for his size, and he uses his frame and length well at the catch point. Good Sophomore season, and he's having a great Junior year. Not particularly fast or explosive, but he separates with his COD. Play style reminds me of Nuke Hopkins. Of course, I'm not saying he'll be that good, but if he runs in the 4.5's, and assuming he continues to play well/progress, I'd start looking at him Day 2.

Isaiah Hodgins is really smooth for his size, and he uses his frame and length well at the catch point. Good Sophomore season, and he's having a great Junior year. Not particularly fast or explosive, but he separates with his COD. Play style reminds me of Nuke Hopkins. Of course, I'm not saying he'll be that good, but if he runs in the 4.5's, and assuming he continues to play well/progress, I'd start looking at him Day 2.

What's interesting to me is that as bad as Oregon St.'s record is every year, I could make a case that 2 of the most underrated offensive players in the country suit up for the Beavers. Artavis Pierce and Isaiah Hodgins.

I've always like the RB Pierce. I just can't understand why they never feed him the football. He ran for almost 170 yards and 2 TD's against Ohio St. in the season opener last year - then only got about 40 carries the rest of the season. When they let him eat and feed him the football, they score points and have a chance to win games. They've given him 37 carries over the past 2 weeks and he's responded with well over 100+ yard games both times and 3 TD's. Beating UCLA and almost beating Stanford.

This is an example of what I mean when I say I can't figure out what half of the coaches in the country are trying to do. Hand it to Pierce - throw it to Hodgins. That's your recipe for scoring points and winning games. It's just not that difficult.

Back
Top Bottom