Slimms's 2018 Runningbacks (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimms's 2018 Runningbacks (Seniors)

I got Dee Johnson's forty yard dash here.

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/sp...nson-immokalee-show-skills-pro-day/459923002/

The local writer seems to have gotten the official take home numbers and he lent credence to his numbers by also having the bench press, vertical, height, and weight numbers. Says Johnson ran 4.79, did 20 bench reps, 30.5" vertical. The vertical is consistent with the forty yard dash, and elsewhere I saw a 9'9" broad jump which is also consistent with a 4.79 forty.

From what I gather, Darius Tice did 27 bench reps, 33" vertical, 9'11" broad jump, and a 4.68 forty. All of those numbers are consistent, as well as consistently better than Johnson's.

I was just saying it doesn't surprise me Tice did better, despite as you have said D'Ernest Johnson being the guy that has always had the reputation for having more talent and athleticism. I think it's because Tice has been a hellish worker for years and maybe Dee tried to just start brushing up for his pro day over the last six weeks or so, trying to rely on his inherent athleticism to pull him through.

I've seen that a lot before.

The innate thing Dee has is ability in the passing game and that's valuable. But being a hard worker is also an innate talent, odd as that sounds. And I think Tice has him because he has that gene in addition to the gene for great vision and decisiveness in the backfield.

In all likelihood, both will get no more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. I love them, but that's the truth.

The guys to watch are Deatrick Nichols, Deadrin Senat, Quinton Flowers as a tailback, and MAYBE keep an eye out for Mike Love and Devin Abraham.

CK.. thats gotta be a typo. When I see his tape I don't see a guy who runs a 4.79 at worst I think hes a low 4.6 guy and Dakotah Wilson of 247 said
  • "D'Ernest Johnson had a sub 4.6 40-yard dash and a 9'9" broad jump. Looked great catching balls out of the backfield."

Last edited:
CK.. thats gotta be a typo. When I see his tape I don't see a guy who runs a 4.79 at worst I think hes a low 4.6 guy and Dakotah Wilson of 247 said
  • "D'Ernest Johnson had a sub 4.6 40-yard dash and a 9'9" broad jump. Looked great catching balls out of the backfield."

I don't trust the type of people you're quoting. Twitter personalities speaking vaguely and going off word of mouth rather than the take-home numbers.

The source I quoted had the full set of take-home numbers, which they got specifically so that they could print them in a newspaper. That's your source.

His broad jump and vertical numbers are far more consistent with a 4.79 athlete than they are with a "sub 4.6" athlete. Trust me.

Back
Top Bottom