slot receiver we may be able to get cheap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

slot receiver we may be able to get cheap

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How about looking into Jerry Rice? He left SF for the Raiders b/c SF was getting too old and was no longer a playoff contender. That sounds like Oakland now. Jerry says he will play one more year. I think he would be great at the 3rd wr position. Help along the young WR (CC, Toliver, and this years pick perhaps Jenkins). He could be a great possesion receiver and coach on the field. If he thinks we are close to Sb contention he may move. The motivating factor would be persuit of the ring not $$$:rolleyes:

Maybe Snoop Minnis can be our slot receiver.

Hey I thought Snoop had the tools. He has had his fair share of injuries. But not even on the active list for the BUCS.......when he was there. That just makes me think something is wrong with the man. Attitude or Injuries might get him cut real soon. I hope the Phins do not think he can be a #2 or even #3. If so my nightmares of the Phins not drafting a WR like Woods, Clayton or Jenkins.....WILL COME TRUE!!!

CUTS
McDrops
Thompson

Raw Young WR
Simmons
Newsome
Tolver

After the Chris Carter debacle two years ago, I'm not willing to look for an aged veteran on his way out. No doubt Jerry Rice, far and away the greatest football reciever of all time, would be better than Carter, but still, signing Keyshawn or Darrell Jackson are better options.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Jerry is better than anything we got except CC!

I'm almost willing to say that I don't like this idea based on image alone, I would be imbarassed.

I still say trade Adewale Oguleye to Minnesota for their 19th Overal lpick in the draft, and Select WR Michael Clayton and #19, and then QB Philip Rivers at #20.

#1Chambers
#2Clayton
#3 (Slot) Minnis/Tolver

Originally posted by chambers84
I still say trade Adewale Oguleye to Minnesota for their 19th Overal lpick in the draft, and Select WR Michael Clayton and #19, and then QB Philip Rivers at #20.

#1Chambers
#2Clayton
#3 (Slot) Minnis/Tolver

How about Wally to Minn and get Clayton/Jenkins (who I LOVE)/Williams/Evans (who would be good with CC and was top 5 before injury) and Henson. mMMMMMMMMMMMMM:D

Originally posted by dreadlockera

How about Wally to Minn and get Clayton/Jenkins (who I LOVE)/Williams/Evans (who would be good with CC and was top 5 before injury) and Henson. mMMMMMMMMMMMMM:D

Sure, I like Clayton for his ability to go along with his 6'4" frame. I'll take Henson or Rivers, as long as Henson is worth it.

Were not going to spend both of our 1st round picks on WRs...that would be very stupid. If we get a WR then we wil get a QB as well. I think we have a great shot at getting Rivers and Clayton. Then we take care of our Oline with Vets and our other draft picks. If we take a QB and an Olineman in the 1st round I think that will be a mistake because its hard to find WRs in FA you go for WRs in the draft because the WRs in FA all have problems, I think Minnis might turn out to be a very good grab for us though put him in the slot and send in motion to avoid getting blocked and he can tear it up. We NEED a QB though this draft is a very good QB draft this year. Im not sure on what kind of talent will be up for draft next yr but this year we cant pass up these guys we might have a shot at.

By the way how do you plan on getting 3 picks in the 1st round anyway? Do you think Ogun is worth 2 1st rounds??????

Back
Top Bottom