Smash-mouth Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smash-mouth Football

M-REAL

"Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"
Reaction score
Smash-mouth football. This is what C. Martin from the Jets said today that they will do against the Fins. Hmmm, I want to see the Fins use that 4-3 defense to smash Curtis in his mouth on game day, don't you?:fire: :evil:

Holy S*** , show me a link so i can laugh at it.. Curtis Martin talks alot of crap, he cant even run over 60 yards a game..

C-Mart can be dangerous. He is a good open field runner but his bread and butter is between the tackles. I wouldnt discredit him. But I still think that he'll get the crap kicked out of him on Sunday

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Holy S*** , show me a link so i can laugh at it.. Curtis Martin talks alot of crap, he cant even run over 60 yards a game..

yup but our records are both the same....

I made a mistake. It wasn't in today's paper, rather in sport's news on NBC 6 last night.

Lamont Jordan is a far betta smashmouth type of back, but I think this is smoke and mirrors and they will really try to throw passes to the backs and TE to get our LBs in pass coverage...w/o Richie Anderson

This what i see the jets trying to do:

they will try to run the ball no doubt becuase there game plan is to keep it close at the end just like houston. that requires some essemblence of a run game.
They will run cross routes about 10 yards down field with three and 4 WR's.
the problem i see with that is that there LT needs to stop JT like chester pitts did. with two step drops that might be easier to do but they have to be right on with there passes and i would suspect that our DB's will be playing tight coverage.
they will keep it close to the vest and then score on a big pass play towards the end of the game like last year where they ice it.

i dont think that will happen cus i think ricky will run with authority at the end.

i also say that ricky should run right at abraham who goes outside alot and cant recover as good as JT. it will keep him home on passes (playactions).

Originally posted by finfan54
This what i see the jets trying to do:

they will try to run the ball no doubt becuase there game plan is to keep it close at the end just like houston. that requires some essemblence of a run game.
They will run cross routes about 10 yards down field with three and 4 WR's.
the problem i see with that is that there LT needs to stop JT like chester pitts did. with two step drops that might be easier to do but they have to be right on with there passes and i would suspect that our DB's will be playing tight coverage.
they will keep it close to the vest and then score on a big pass play towards the end of the game like last year where they ice it.

i dont think that will happen cus i think ricky will run with authority at the end.

You find it ironic that our philosophy, for I don't know how long, has been to keep games close and win them in the fourth quater and now that seems to be the best way to beat the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom