Smiley is looking like the best option for fins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smiley is looking like the best option for fins.

miamiman13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would take smiley even with our 20th pick. I have a feeling he will not last much longer than that and taking a chance would not be worth losing him. I thought we should take a WR for along time but now I think having a great pulling G out in front of Ricky would be better. We would have the ability to pull either guard or power up the middle. I also think we could get a good WR in the 3rd round. Not a sexy pick but a sure pick.

I think OL is the pick at 20. If the Fins are convinced that Andrews or Carey can control their weight, one of they may be the choice because of their ability to play RG and RT. With one of those guys in camp, they could experiment a bit and play the best combination of players:

Smith, James, McKinney, Andrews/Carey, St. Clair
Smith, James, St. Clair, McKinney, Andrews/Carey

If Yates, Whitley, Jerman are improved enough and when McIntosh is back, there are even more options. I'm beginning to like the versatility of this roster, I just hope we can find a starting 5 that can produce.

Now that the Pats have traded for Dillon, they may not go RB at 21 and they probably won't package picks to move up, so I'm concerned they will take an OL at 21. This makes moving down in the first round a little more risky. At this point, I'd probably stay at 20 and take the guy I want.

It is my opinion that we are not looking for a guy who is strictly a Gaurd. we are looking for a guy who can switch from G to T. they have German as a G now and we have ST clair who are versatile. Thats why Andrews is a sure thing if he drops to 20 cus he can play both and be a mauler.

I had Smiley as our first pick in my first mock and then changed my mind to Evans. Now if Mike Williams is not there then Evans will probably be gone before our pick. If that's the case then I'd go for Smiley too as I think that Andrews will be gone. I like Hamilton in round 3 and I think he could be a steal at that point. Another option is to draft Randy Stark in round one if he's there and then go with a guy like Adrien Clarke in round 3 and get a WR in round 4.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree that the Rick will look at Carey and Andrews.

Smith - James - McKinney - Carey/Andrews - St Clair

I would prefer : Smith - James - McKinney - Yates - Carey/Andrews

Smiley is a better guard than Andrews is a tackle IMO....many draft pubs have stated that as well...Smiley's problem is that he is a pure guard and not a tackle...teams don't value guards like they do tackles, so Andrews is going to be a higher pick, but not necessarily a better pick. We happen to have a hole at the RG position and getting Smiley would be fine with me, as I have suggested this before.

But I think RS will surprise most of you guys out there there and not go OL in the first...I think he sees St. Clair filling in RT until McI returns and Whitley/Jerman in the guard spot with the possiblity of picking up a retread (Page, for example) in case neither of those guys can handle it...

If he trades down, he may go OL in the third, with WR and DT in the first and second rounds, depending on what kind of a tradedown he gets...some folks are now suggesting NE to give us #32 and #63 for #20...that would be fine with me...and allow us to get 3 choices on day one that could contribute to the team...

LarryFinFan said:
Smiley is a better guard than Andrews is a tackle IMO....many draft pubs have stated that as well...Smiley's problem is that he is a pure guard and not a tackle...teams don't value guards like they do tackles, so Andrews is going to be a higher pick, but not necessarily a better pick. We happen to have a hole at the RG position and getting Smiley would be fine with me, as I have suggested this before.

But I think RS will surprise most of you guys out there there and not go OL in the first...I think he sees St. Clair filling in RT until McI returns and Whitley/Jerman in the guard spot with the possiblity of picking up a retread (Page, for example) in case neither of those guys can handle it...

If he trades down, he may go OL in the third, with WR and DT in the first and second rounds, depending on what kind of a tradedown he gets...some folks are now suggesting NE to give us #32 and #63 for #20...that would be fine with me...and allow us to get 3 choices on day one that could contribute to the team...
I agree that something like that could happen.I doubt that Rick's gonna take an o-lineman at 20 if he's not worth taking him there.I think we might go DT depending on who's there. I have Evans in my mock draft but if Williams is a no-go then Evans will be gone before our pick so I'm thinking maybe DT at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom