Smith and Braylon are both there!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith and Braylon are both there!!

fsu_nole4life

The Game
Reaction score
If we do indeed stay at #2, and 49ers do indeed pick Aaron Rodgers(because they agreed on parameters of the deal); Braylon Edwards and Alex Smith will both be there. Which one will they pick??? Personally I would want Braylon... He is the best player in the DRAFT

They are still trying to sign Smith, but Smith will probably hold out since he doesnt want to play there. On Saturday, they will drop Smith and go with Rodgers. Either that, or they will take Braylon Edwards and hope someone trades something for him.

In the end, Smith will be a Fin.

If they can't trade down I think it would be a big mistake to not take Alex Smith.

Depends on what trade offers they receive for teams wanting one of those two playas.
But if we stay put, I'd pick Smith.

Saban will go on how seriously teams have inquired about both players, he will take the player he feels is coveted the most so he can trade them for more picks. Hopefully, an offer will be made before he makes the pick just to make things easier.

Jnaledu3 said:
They are still trying to sign Smith, but Smith will probably hold out since he doesnt want to play there. On Saturday, they will drop Smith and go with Rodgers. Either that, or they will take Braylon Edwards and hope someone trades something for him.

In the end, Smith will be a Fin.

Just heard Alex Smith interviewed by Dan Patrick, he didn't seem to sure of the deal getting done with the Niners, He also semi-slammed the Niners by saying that he would not be interested in playing for an organization that would go cheap versus signing the guy they thought was the best player.

I hope we get Smith, you can just tell how bright this kid is, they had Steve Young on with him and Young tried to stump him with some NFL terms for what kind of defense he would be facing, Patrick asked Smith what he just said and what he would do and he answered it perfectly.

One of the points they brought out was how complicated the system was in Utah and how unlike a lot of college quarterbacks Alex was asked to do a lot and make a lot of decisions.

Smith would make a great Dolphin, so would Edwards, so would Brown, and I still hope we trade down.

fsu_nole4life said:
If we do indeed stay at #2, and 49ers do indeed pick Aaron Rodgers(because they agreed on parameters of the deal); Braylon Edwards and Alex Smith will both be there. Which one will they pick??? Personally I would want Braylon... He is the best player in the DRAFT

Listen the whole "parameter contract" thing is old news, he agreed almost 2 weeks ago...thats what the team with the top pick does with those who they might draft with the #1 pick

Alex Smith sucks get that through ur thick skulled heads. He is not going to be good. Braylon without even thinking about it. McPherson would be a better choice with the second pick than Smith.

Ark139954 said:
Alex Smith sucks get that through ur thick skulled heads. He is not going to be good. Braylon without even thinking about it. McPherson would be a better choice with the second pick than Smith.

Oh my! Here we have a person that is saying Alex Smith sucks, and in the same post, states that Adrian McPherson would be a better pick at the 2nd pick.

There are so many things wrong with that statement, I almost don't know where to start.

First of all, Alex Smith is a real quarterback. He isn't a glorified running back like Adrian McPherson.

Secondly, Alex Smith is much smarter than Adrian McPherson. McPherson couldn't tell you the difference between a cover 2 and a cover 4. Smith can not only tell the difference, he will make the presnap read and find the opening within 3 seconds.

Thirdly, the accuracy isn't even comparable. Smith has completed over 65% of his passes as a starter. McPherson hasn't even completed 50% of his passes as a starter.

Hmm...

A couple of things:

- There was an interview with a reporter that has been following Alex Smith and his family around for a week. She said he was extremely smart and the family seemed very grounded, joking around a lot, and that he had put together a great team of reps on his own. Sounds like he would be a good QB to have.

- If he is available, I hope, and believe, they will trade down. I think they are making sure people "know" they are extremely interested in Smith and Edwards now. Why wouldn't you give that impression? You have only a handful of teams that want to get one of those guys badly, so you need to make sure they know they have to move up to get 'em.

- If they stay there, I would hope they take Ronnie Brown or Cadillac. I like Smith and Edwards, but I don't think they are so far above the RBs that warrant being drafted when we have no idea if Feely may perform better with an improved OL. It was horrible last year. Hudson Houck is an amazing line coach, and he could make our line much better. He did it with an average SD line. And, Chambers/Booker is a nice combo. Gordon is a stretch, I believe, at RB. In addition, I think Linehan's offence seems to like the speed back. Speed + size is a bonus. Preferably, I would like to see them take Brown a little lower, since they would probably get another #1 or replace their missing #2. If Feely is horrible this year, we'll have a chance at a good QB next year and be ready to go everywhere else.

- If they trade down, depending on how far, I would like to see them get Brown, Barron or Cadillac. We'll see.

My opinions, of course.

Back
Top Bottom