Smith to FS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith to FS?

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Do you think Sean smith will be a good FS if he improves on his tackling? Then cut bell and move Jones to SS and draft a Cornerback or sign one?

Considering I cringe every time I see him try to tackle, I would hope not. Just my opinion though.

What about jimmy Wilson? I think he would shine at FS but I doubt it will happen

Dansby to FS.

i Don't know why so many mock this typeof suggestion (yes i was around for the move zach to ss threads). i think we can all can agree smith is not a physical player. i'm not advocating for him to move, but as a player with supposedly good ball skills it might not be that much of a stretch. i think the idea is to get a playmaking ball hawk to play center field. i don't pay as much attention as i used to when it comes to individual player performance but its not as though smith is a shut down corner. might actually free him up to make a play or 2.

A saftey needs to tackle smith cant do that. A saftey should be able to blitz Smith cant do that.

Smith's problem is that he needs to play with the ball in front of him. When he gets turned around by a defender and losses track of the ball is when he sucks. He played great the couple of times he played safety 2 years ago. He dropped the interceptions but still was always around the ball. I've been advocating this change the entire season. The problem here is that we don't have a real #2 DB to pick up his slack. That's why I hope we go DB in the early rounds this year.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

how in the world would a guy who cant cover, is mass timid and doesnt like to hit, be a good choice at safety?

come on folks. lets pick it up a bit.

how in the world would a guy who cant cover, is mass timid and doesnt like to hit, be a good choice at safety?

come on folks. lets pick it up a bit.

He's not timid just not the hardest hitter but I have seen him cross the field to make a tackle! He definitely can't cover but if moved to FS he would probably be the best cover FS in the league. If he can keep his eyes on field versus the man he's covering he can be dangerous. He's a converted WR which means he understands how WR work but he can't handle man coverage versus a shifty WR that cuts hard.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

sean smith blows, his height in coverage is a serious problem, he cannot rotate his hips fast enough in coverage and that's a problem, you would like a cb to be 5'10-6'1

I don't think a move to Safety (either one) would be a good move for Smith. A safety has to be the last line of defense if everyone gets by their coverage and has to be able to come up and take down a RB or TE up the middle by himself. I don't see Smith being very succesful at that. He'd probably be a better fit for a Tampa 2 system or similar, but right now, he gets himself in trouble when he's one on one with someone of decent talent.

Can't believe some on here actually entertain the thought, when the answer is simple. HELL NO!:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom