Smith versus Waddle | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

That would be interesting. Personally, I've always liked Stafford. I could see Detroit moving on, though.

From the Patriots standpoint, they've kind of committed the Cardinal sin. Not having a quarterback ready to replace Tom Brady.

They are sitting in a little bit of a tough spot, depending on how many quarterbacks in this draft can actually help them.
The team is mostly intact. Add in a borderline top 10 QB like Stafford and it'll be much like when Tennessee added Tannehill.

A new regime in Detroit probably means they'll want their own guy, even though Stafford is reasonably young.

He is the main QB wildcard in this offseason, I think.

That would be interesting. Personally, I've always liked Stafford. I could see Detroit moving on, though.

From the Patriots standpoint, they've kind of committed the Cardinal sin. Not having a quarterback ready to replace Tom Brady.

They are sitting in a little bit of a tough spot, depending on how many quarterbacks in this draft can actually help them.
Stafford to Dallas is my guess. Mccarthy needs his style of QB.

I wouldn't have Parsons or Chase over Devonta Smith.

I'd have a tough time thinking about Penei Sewell. He's been special for multiple years, at a premium position. Tough call. What would help my quarterback more?
Against tough Ds I think you just have to have guys that can win one-on-one. I trust Tua's ability to deal with the pressure he is seeing now, but guys just aren't getting open. Normally I would value LT but we have an ok line, we don't have an ok receiving corps. Give me Devonta Smith + a FA slot and don't skimp on resources on that one either

Against tough Ds I think you just have to have guys that can win one-on-one. I trust Tua's ability to deal with the pressure he is seeing now, but guys just aren't getting open. Normally I would value LT but we have an ok line, we don't have an ok receiving corps. Give me Devonta Smith + a FA slot and don't skimp on resources on that one either
Also, getting 2 top-shelf WR as your new 1 and 2 options will do wonders for the other WRs, that shifting-matchup effect doesn't amplify quite the same on the OL IMO. There's an asymmetry where on the OL you're brought down more to your weakest link, as that's all it takes to get to the QB. Want to see Geiscki and Parker get 'alabama open'? Make them the 3rd and 4th focal points for the defense. I'm already salivating...that plus a factor back might be all it takes to get us to KC-type unguardability

Plus, how many times last week did we see Tua with a good pocket but literally no one to throw to > 5 yards?

Last edited:
Just saw Waddle has been cleared to play next week :drop:. This could get really interesting

We already have a good wide receiver. His name is Noah Igbinoghene. He was drafted as a CB, but the guy is an athlete. Play him at WR.

We already have a good wide receiver. His name is Noah Igbinoghene. He was drafted as a CB, but the guy is an athlete. Play him at WR
There are reasons why DB's are DB's and not wide receivers....usually has to do with hands..

No thanks. Don't want Dak.

When Dak was healthy, he was damn good. IIRC DAL was the #1 offense before his injury, or close to it.

He also had a really good 2019 season. Quite similar to the production Josh Allen had this season, which many here at FH have been going gaga over.

I find it very curious (and telling) that one is being lauded and the other isn’t.

If Dak’s recovery isn’t a concern, it really would be ridiculous to not want a player that’s produced as well as he has. He’s a QB that has consistently been able to extend plays. And is a real threat with his legs too.

He’s better than Ryan Tannehill, who many here have been lamenting over.

I never said anything about Stafford being better than Dak. Only that Dak is not the QB Mccarthy wants. I said it the day Mccarthy was hired. I do not believe Dak will be back in Dallas next season.

Yes please, let us get Dak!
Are you crazy?

Dak has won, what.... 1 playoff game? And he will command $30m a year in a time when the cap will be lowered to the point of squeezing all teams?

You picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

Back
Top Bottom