Smith versus Waddle | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

I am trying to think of a Draft that had two WR's as good as Smith and Chase.

Julio Jones and AJ Green in 2011 is the only recent one I can think of.

It absolutely has to be 2011. And wow, if history is any indication... looks like we win even if there's a trade down

Waddle? I havent even seen him this game. 1 catch i think.

Do some research. He’d been injured since the 4th game of the season with a broken ankle.

Was only out there because he wanted to give it a go in the Championship game. But clearly wasn’t healthy. He was severely limping in warm ups and after his first touch of the game.

He was really only used as a decoy, which Bama didn’t even need since tOSU employed one of the worst defensive schemes I’ve seen a while. Chasing receivers in motion 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. All Mac Jones had to do was throw 5 yard passes to receivers with a head of steam and no defender remotely close.

But don’t be questioning or pointing fingers at Waddle‘s production. He’s not recovered yet or in game shape. Probably shouldn’t have even been out there. But it’s understamdable why he wanted to be.

Asking a LB to run with D Smith should get a D Coord fired.

Kerry Coombs should fired immediately. And Ryan Day should be questioned for OK’ing the scheme we saw tonight.

I get that Bama is super good. Also get that tOSU was minus several starters on defense. But the scheme and coverage techniques that were used tonight had ZERO chance of being being successful. They’d had been better off playing zone all game. Can’t play man-to-man and have the DB’s chasing all over the field from that far behind the line of scrimmage.

Simple motions were getting receivers open at the snap. With no defenders within 10 yards. Bush league defense.

Bama was the superior team, no doubt, but if that’s the best Coombs and Day could come up with they should have never boarded the plane. They surely didn’t put their player’s in the best positions to find at least a little success.

Btw, How are the naysayers feeling about Devonta Smith now?

Told ya the kid is incredible. And forget about his injury. Just a dislocated finger. He’ll be perfectly fine.

MIA desperately needs a player that can do the things he can do.

I am starting to worry that Miami might HAVE to take Smith at #3.

He might not last to 5 or 6 if they trade down.

Assuming they want to take a WR that high and are that high on Smith of course.

Get Smith, Chase, or Waddle on a trade down, no worries.

IMO it's looking like getting a top WR at 18 is a pipe dream and even trading down and still getting a WR is less and less likely.

IMO it's looking like getting a top WR at 18 is a pipe dream and even trading down and still getting a WR is less and less likely.
This is just wrong. Willing to bet you that Smith, Chase, or Waddle will be there at 8. At least one of the three will be there.

This is just wrong. Willing to bet you that Smith, Chase, or Waddle will be there at 8. At least one of the three will be there.
I don't have Waddle on the same level as Smith or Chase. I don't even have Chase as being as good of a fit for Miami as Smith. So I see any WR pick after Smith a drop off. And without knowing who is trying to trade up it's impossible to guess who will or won't be there.

I think Waddle will be there in the 8-12 range but Smith and Chase will take a Top 5-7 pick, probably a little earlier.

The question will be how bad do you want Smith or Chase?

IF Miami is in love with one or both of them then they either take one at #3 or trade down just a spot or two and no further.

It will depend on how high the 3rd QB goes.

Back
Top Bottom