• Devonta Smith

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Jaylen Waddle

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
Since it starting to look like Pitts and Chase may both be off the board what would everyone do if presented with this choice?

Since WR is the biggest need and these are two quality options, I am going to leave off trading down or taking Sewell and just make it an Alabama Sophie's Choice.

Both excellent prospects but very different players, who ya got?

I can't vote. I would do neither. I would trade down and take Waddle, if possible. That's my choice! Not a choice here, but yeah. Sticking to my guns!

Since it starting to look like Pitts and Chase may both be off the board what would everyone do if presented with this choice?

Since WR is the biggest need and these are two quality options, I am going to leave off trading down or taking Sewell and just make it an Alabama Sophie's Choice.

Both excellent prospects but very different players, who ya got?
I think the Bengals interest in Chase is overblown. They need OL help bad. This draft has a deep, deep WR class. They take Sewell #5 and can come back to basically any day 2 WR they want. They could even go Marshall from LSU who would have similar chemistry with Burrow.

I agree the smarter move for them is Sewell but Chase would not be a bad move.He is a great player and has proven chemistry with Burrow.

Before the Darnold trade I had Cincy moving to #8 and still getting Sewell so that deal was not great for them.

i think Sewell and Chase go 4/5 (in some order) which allows Miami to select Pitts (my preferred pick and what seems like a no-brainer).

if Pitts is gone, however, and it's down to Waddle, Smith and Chase...that gets interesting. i like Smith the most but really wish he tested. i might lean Chase because of age and testing. i hate that he opted out - and he may not have the highest ceiling - Chase just feels like the safer pick.

with no Pitts and a top QB still available, i would hope that Grier could pull off some trade down magic again.

Chase then Pitts then Smith for me. We will get one of them so I’m good there.

I agree the smarter move for them is Sewell but Chase would not be a bad move.He is a great player and has proven chemistry with Burrow.

Before the Darnold trade I had Cincy moving to #8 and still getting Sewell so that deal was not great for them.
It would be a terrible move. Did you know Burrow was sacked more times in a month with the Bengals than his entire last year at LSU?
If the Bengals don't get O Line help after that horrific injury it would be criminal.
Then again it is The Bengals so who knows.

On another note I hope to sweet baby Jesus ATL trades out of 4 cause I want Pitts. Also, not that it means much but most Mock drafts show Smith being taken rather late in round 1. Having said that, Id rather take Rashod Bateman at 18 if we nab Pitts.

Even is all 4 are there at #6, I can see Miami taking Smith.
I am at the point now, I just want one of them at that pick. Only way I would
be disappointed is if they take someone other than the 4 at that spot.

It would be a terrible move. Did you know Burrow was sacked more times in a month with the Bengals than his entire last year at LSU?
If the Bengals don't get O Line help after that horrific injury it would be criminal.
Then again it is The Bengals so who knows.

On another note I hope to sweet baby Jesus ATL trades out of 4 cause I want Pitts. Also, not that it means much but most Mock drafts show Smith being taken rather late in round 1. Having said that, Id rather take Rashod Bateman at 18 if we nab Pitts.
I would be much more likely to try to add a WR to Pitts later.

I don't want to go WR at #18.

I am looking front edge/LB or OL or trade down there.

The only reason people are low on Smith is his weight, which can be easily dealt with via a nutritionist and personal trainer. Smith has the capability to separate and make great catches. Based on this we get him at 6 and he'll get the "NFL body" eventually and dominate the league.

Back
Top Bottom