Smith wants Browns to draft him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith wants Browns to draft him

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Usually the one avoiding pressure, Troy Smith is putting the heat on the Cleveland Browns.

Ohio State's Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback is lobbying his hometown team to select him in April's NFL draft, and he isn't missing any chance to remind the Browns that he'll be available to them soon.

Smith was named the area's outstanding collegiate athlete at Tuesday night's Greater Cleveland Sports Awards, and during a taped acceptance speech he thanked the city's fans for their support.

"Hopefully, I'll get a chance to represent you guys at the next level with the Cleveland Browns," he said.

Smith hasn't hidden his desire to play for the Browns, who after finishing 4-12 last season will pick either third or fourth in April's draft. During a recent halftime ceremony at an Ohio State basketball game, Smith wore a Browns jacket.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/30/bc.fbn.browns.troysmith.ap/index.html

now two of the top 5 QBs want to go to Cleveland, I wonder why

now two of the top 5 QBs want to go to Cleveland, I wonder why

If the 2nd guy you are reffering to is Brady Quinn (I'm assuming it is but I haven't personally heard, or read, of him saying he wants to play for the Brown's) it is probably because they are both from Ohio and grew up Browns fans. It'd be like me or you about to be drafted and lobbying for Miami to pick us, regardless of whether they are a 2-14 team or a 14-2 team. It's every football-playing kid's dream, to make the NFL AND play for your favorite team.

I'm not sure if Quinn is a Brown's fan, but he grew up in Ohio and most fans are fans of their hometown team, so it's a safe assumtion. We all know that Smith is a Browns fan after that article, lol.

Playing for your fav team is always a dream for most players and they are local.

Brady quinn has a edge due to weiss and crennel connection and the browns do need a qb.They a good defence and a little more offence and OL will make them a decent team.

good for smith and the browns, i think they should take ginn in first round and smith in second. give us quinn.
i heard ginn wants to play for browns as well. haha

I wonder what pick Smith was referring to when he said he wants the Browns to draft him at. Correct me if I am wrong, but during the Bowl season, I remember hearing that Quinn did NOT want to play for the Browns. I could be completely wrong or mistaken, plus I have no sources to back my comment up. Its purely based on what I remember hearing over a month ago. Forgive me. :dolphins:

Usually the one avoiding pressure, Troy Smith is putting the heat on the Cleveland Browns.

Ohio State's Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback is lobbying his hometown team to select him in April's NFL draft, and he isn't missing any chance to remind the Browns that he'll be available to them soon.

Smith was named the area's outstanding collegiate athlete at Tuesday night's Greater Cleveland Sports Awards, and during a taped acceptance speech he thanked the city's fans for their support.

"Hopefully, I'll get a chance to represent you guys at the next level with the Cleveland Browns," he said.

Smith hasn't hidden his desire to play for the Browns, who after finishing 4-12 last season will pick either third or fourth in April's draft. During a recent halftime ceremony at an Ohio State basketball game, Smith wore a Browns jacket.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/30/bc.fbn.browns.troysmith.ap/index.html

Old news....reported a day or 2 ago.

Is Troy Smith showing up at the NFL Draft Ceremony? There's a good chance he will be sitting there till Day 2. :shakeno:

Is Troy Smith showing up at the NFL Draft Ceremony? There's a good chance he will be sitting there till Day 2. :shakeno:

A good chance he'll be there till day 2? :shakeno: No way. He'll be there in Round 2, but that's about it. The guy is short, but he finds good passing lanes, he has a canon for an arm, and he's very athletic. Other than his poor performance in the Nat'l Championship, the guy has played his best in big games. No way he's there Day 2.

If that were the case.....very sad.....he could be picked up maybe in the 2nd rd should he have a GREAT combine....and I mean GREAT combine.

What draft pick number do the Browns have?

Depends on the coin flip with Tampa. Could be 3rd or 4th. Flip will be done in April.

Browns | A flip to decide draft slot
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:40 -0800
Updating a previous report, Buccaneers.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/35/nfl">Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12) and Cleveland Browns (4-12) will find out whether they will be selecting third or fourth overall in the 2007 NFL Draft by a coin flip to be performed at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis or the league meetings in Phoenix in late March. Typically, if both teams share identical records, the draft slots are then based on the strength of schedule. However, both clubs tied in that category as well. After the order is determined, the Buccaneers and Browns will switch positions each round for the remainder of the draft.

Link - http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

If the 2nd guy you are reffering to is Brady Quinn (I'm assuming it is but I haven't personally heard, or read, of him saying he wants to play for the Brown's) it is probably because they are both from Ohio and grew up Browns fans. It'd be like me or you about to be drafted and lobbying for Miami to pick us, regardless of whether they are a 2-14 team or a 14-2 team. It's every football-playing kid's dream, to make the NFL AND play for your favorite team.

I'm not sure if Quinn is a Brown's fan, but he grew up in Ohio and most fans are fans of their hometown team, so it's a safe assumtion. We all know that Smith is a Browns fan after that article, lol.

I agree

Back
Top Bottom