Smokescreen? I'll Show You Smokescreen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smokescreen? I'll Show You Smokescreen

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
If I'm Saban, this is what I do.

Call the Skins, guage the interest. Not really interested in trading up? That's fine. Let's be friends.

Release a report, Skins/Fins close to trade, working out final parameters. Skins agree to send #9, #25 to Miami plus an undisclosed pick or player for #2.

This drives up the value of #2, and takes the light off Campbell. Maybe the Skins were serious?

Tomorrow rolls around, teams are calling for #2. "Can you beat a #9 and #25?" The only teams that can/will are TB and Minn. Minn, you want Braylon? He's going at #2, no matter what you do.

So we trade with TB/Minn, and then release a report... turns out the Skins/Fins couldn't agree on extra compensation, with the Fins wanting Ramsey and the Skins wanting to give up 2007 picks, which the Dolphins weren't interested in. Then their bluff isn't called, they look like they want to trade out of the spot, and they take Campbell.

Let's be friends.

infiltrateib said:
If I'm Saban, this is what I do.

Call the Skins, guage the interest. Not really interested in trading up? That's fine. Let's be friends.

Release a report, Skins/Fins close to trade, working out final parameters. Skins agree to send #9, #25 to Miami plus an undisclosed pick or player for #2.

This drives up the value of #2, and takes the light off Campbell. Maybe the Skins were serious?

Tomorrow rolls around, teams are calling for #2. "Can you beat a #9 and #25?" The only teams that can/will are TB and Minn. Minn, you want Braylon? He's going at #2, no matter what you do.

So we trade with TB/Minn, and then release a report... turns out the Skins/Fins couldn't agree on extra compensation, with the Fins wanting Ramsey and the Skins wanting to give up 2007 picks, which the Dolphins weren't interested in. Then their bluff isn't called, they look like they want to trade out of the spot, and they take Campbell.

Let's be friends.

Wow, So devious........ Me thinks I like it. :lol:

Very interesting, if Washington were to agree to it that would be one heck of a plan and our way of getting back at Minny for what they did to us last year.

I like it though, the only problem is other teams really don't care to help others out unless compensated. How does Waashington benefit from this.

GRYPHONK said:
Very interesting, if Washington were to agree to it that would be one heck of a plan and our way of getting back at Minny for what they did to us last year.

I like it though, the only problem is other teams really don't care to help others out unless compensated. How does Waashington benefit from this.

Everyone thinks they want Campbell at #25. If they really do (or Matt Jones, maye... #25 is an interesting position), then a failed tradeup looks more convincing than no interest and no news at the #2 pick. This way, the deal looks like a failed attempt to move up for Braylon and the Skins can start calling teams to "trade down." Campbell will look like a premature report and will lose credibility, making it more likely no one will trade up to nab him before #25.

GRYPHONK said:

It keeps up the smokescreen that the Skins are after Edwards and not Campbell. I think. :evil:

Could be an option. I can't wait for Tomorrow to get this all over with. The rumours and mock drafts are killing me with who we our going to take.

Cannonboy said:
Could be an option. I can't wait for Tomorrow to get this all over with. The rumours and mock drafts are killing me with who we our going to take.

You're not the only one... every day its a different rumor... thank god its draft time cause that means the season is upon us :cooldude:

clear.gif

Whatever works to work that #2 into some more picks. I also like the sneaky way you want to do it. I bet Gibbs would be game as long as we play dog and pony for him another time.

Timmy54 said:
Whatever works to work that #2 into some more picks. I also like the sneaky way you want to do it. I bet Gibbs would be game as long as we play dog and pony for him another time.

It helps them too, and would never get out that it was all a ruse. It would still look like a deal that just couldn't be worked out in time. I think otherwise Minnesota might try to bluff out of drafting up and see if we'll take an offer not involving #18.

InfiltrateIB for GM in '08?

Back
Top Bottom