Smokescreen question for my FinHeaven bretheren | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smokescreen question for my FinHeaven bretheren

Phishstix

Finheaven's Fattest Pimp
Reaction score
how can the alex smith thing be a smokescreen by the fins when it didn't come from saban? this came from his agent, and it may be a smokescreen by him to drive up trade interest, but smith could easily go at #1, but his agent doesn't want him to go there, so that doesn't make sense either b/c if his agent didn't feel assured that smith would at least go at #2, imo he would not be this difficult in contract negotiations with the niners. i wouldn't be so quick to call it a smokescreen b/c i have not seen any rumors signals coming out of the fins camp- all of this is coming from the other side. just my opinion, that's all ladies and gents, have a wonderful weekend.

Because Saban could have told the agent they were REALLY interested in Smith, which would get the agent all excited. Saban knows agents can't keep their mouths shut. The agent blabs and the teams who want Smith get scared and start dealing with Miami.

the more the agent talks about his player the more his value goes up. His contract could be bigger if the bucs trade up to get him

The more this pre-draft stuff goes on the more I am loving Nick Saban.

He's sending feelers through indirect channels...and making every team that is picking after us very nervous....he's playing his hand perfectly...

Back
Top Bottom