Smooth Tannehill T-Shirt | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smooth Tannehill T-Shirt

Chad had a nice season no doubt. Dolphins don't make the playoffs without him. But what happened when we got to the playoffs and actually played a good team? He was limited in what he could do. The Ravens sealed off the middle of the field. Ball game over!

Trying to present an argument that Chad Pennington was the reason for the 08 success is ridiculous. The wildcat averaged almost 8 yards each time it was run. That and an incredibly weak schedule were instrumental in that team making the playoffs.

again the weak sched argument. miami was 1-15 the year before, what did teams consider miami on there sched?

bc of pennington though, we got respect and had our best year in ages sadly.

i am not here to tell u pennington threw the ball 35-40 and won games on his own, he didnt, but if we did not sign pennington, zero chance we made playoffs that year, and most likely win no more than 4 games.

also, pennington that year. 3,653 yds on 470 attempts.

tannehill this year. 504 attempts, 3,390. so basically with 34 more attempts, he has thrown for 263 less yds than pennington did, yet pennington was a game manager, and tanny is different according to some.

Our SoS was -2.3 in 08. Ours was second toughest in our own division. NE was -2.0. The next closest teams were in the 2 divisions we played, the AFC and NFC West. They avg approximately -1. No other teams were on the negative side. Thos two division winners were 9-7 and 8-8. They also featured three of the worst teams in the NFL.

That schedule was absolutely absurd and we typically beat those powerhouses by less than a FG. Its comical to think we were some great team in 08 because we weren't. And don't be to shocked when I say that one of you (you figure out who) used to bang that easy schedule drum when he wanted Sparano fired yet now views it differently because his vendetta has changed towards a different target.

Our SoS was -2.3 in 08. Ours was second toughest in our own division. NE was -2.0. The next closest teams were in the 2 divisions we played, the AFC and NFC West. They avg approximately -1. No other teams were on the negative side. Thos two division winners were 9-7 and 8-8

That schedule was absolutely absurd and we typically beat those powerhouses by less than a FG. Its comical to think we were some great team in 08 because we weren't. And don't be to shocked when I say that one of you (you figure out who) used to bang that easy schedule drum when he wanted Sparano fired yet now views it differently because his agenda has changed towards a different target.

again, the weak sched argument. no one is denying that, but look at our team. we had no one on our team. we were coming off a 1-15 season, going into camp that year, our roster prob resembled a 3-4 win team, and then we sign chad and win 11.

my point i guess is how much of an impact a very good qb can have. chad got the most out of his crappy wrs that year. he made cammarillo look like a respectable wr he made bess look good, heck even ginn had his best year as a fin that season.

and as i pointed out, ppl who call pennington a ''limited'' qb, what does that make tannehill?

last year, tannehill threw the ball 588 times and had 3913 yds. this year, he has thrown 504 times and will prob throw it more than 550 times, and finish with similar yardage.

pennington threw it 476 times and threw for nearly as many yds

that's when we beat favre week 17 right and he was pretty much washed up/playing hurt going in as i recall...

Washed up, playing hurt, Brett Favre on the road in week 17 >>>>>>>>> Geno's Myth in our stadium week 17.

We won when it counted with Pennington. With Tannehill........ not so much.

Using yards per pass attempt as your argument there is specious, as it's been proved time and time again that it's a statistic that's extremely variable year to year for individual quarterbacks and often correlated with coaching schemes and surrounding players. For instance in 2006 and 2007 Pennington's yards per attempt was in the 6.8 range, and then in the 3 games he played in 2009 he was barely managing about 5.6 per attempt.

Compare Alex Smith's yards per pass attempt in 2 years under Jim Harbaugh to what it looked like under Singletary and now under Andy Reid. Big difference. Same player, different pass offense.

Just for comparison, our SoS this season is 3.1 Huge difference

Nah. Favre wanted to go to Minnesota and stick it to the Packers. He played out his one season in New York like a good sport, sent some dick pictures to a trainer, you know, the usche. Then he hopped on over to Minny.

he never wanted to be here and played like it al season. He didn't like cold weather late in his career and when it got to December he packed it in.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

The sched was cake back in 2008 for all of us, Miami deserved that div title. you still have to beat who is on your sched. Last year you had 2 gimmes to end the season and lost both so Miami 2008 deserves credit for that. Chad P was a legit NFL MVP candidate that year no matter what the sched looked like.

It blows my mind that some claim how great Pennington was when his stats are not any different than Tannehill and the schedules are not even close in comparison. Seriously, comparing a snot nosed kid and a 10 year vet when there really is not much difference statistically is about as ridiculous as it gets. Big games I'll buy. Not this trivial **** some throw out there.

Perhaps I should use the term Happy Adjusters to describe it.

It blows my mind that some claim how great Pennington was when his stats are not any different than Tannehill and the schedules are not even close in comparison. Seriously, comparing a snot nosed kid and a 10 year vet when there really is not much difference statistically is about as ridiculous as it gets. Big games I'll buy. Not this trivial **** some throw out there.

Perhaps I should use the term Happy Adjusters to describe it.

he attempted 115 more passes in 2013 than pennington did in 2008, and already has surpassed the amount of attempts by chad that year, but the final number is tbd.

so if anything, it makes penningtons numbers a lot more impressive considered he attempted way less passes and still basically had the same amount of yds.

also, its funny how pennington gets ripped on for playing an easy sched, even though his team was garbage around him, yet when tannehill played 2 crap teams to end the season last year, 1 at home, we scored 7 pts total. tanny couldnt even take advantage of the crap teams. pennington did at least.

he attempted 115 less passes than pennington did in 2013, and already has surpassed the amount of attempts by chad that year, but the final number is tbd.

so if anything, it makes penningtons numbers a lot more impressive considered he attempted way less passes and still basically had the same amount of yds.

also, its funny how pennington gets ripped on for playing an easy sched, even though his team was garbage around him, yet when tannehill played 2 crap teams to end the season last year, 1 at home, we scored 7 pts total. tanny couldnt even take advantage of the crap teams. pennington did at least.
Garbage? He had a far better OL and Ricky and Ronnie behind him. His WRs were crap but lets not pretend that he had no help.

Garbage? He had a far better OL and Ricky and Ronnie behind him. His WRs were crap but lets not pretend that he had no help.

that team was 1-15 w/o him in 2007 and last year was the first year since that they even got close to the playoffs.

im talking at the wr position, the guys who he had to rely on when throwing the ball.

those guys were not bad, they were awful. pennington made them look good. look what happened to all those guys post pennington.

no joke, pennington had me fooled that cammarillo was a real solid wr

Here are the results of the playoff teams we faced in 08:

Ravens lost by 14
Cards lost by 21
Chargers won by 7
Ravens lost by 16

In those 4 games we scored 49 points. Total!

Color me impressed.

Back
Top Bottom