Smooth Tannehill T-Shirt | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smooth Tannehill T-Shirt

It blows my mind that some claim how great Pennington was when his stats are not any different than Tannehill and the schedules are not even close in comparison. Seriously, comparing a snot nosed kid and a 10 year vet when there really is not much difference statistically is about as ridiculous as it gets. Big games I'll buy. Not this trivial **** some throw out there.

Perhaps I should use the term Happy Adjusters to describe it.

stats never tell the whole story. Chad came in to a 1-15 team and you won 11 games w/ him. easy sched or not, Brady out or not that's damn impressive and wasn't Ted Ginn his top WR?

Here are the results of the playoff teams we faced in 08:

Ravens lost by 14
Cards lost by 21
Chargers won by 7
Ravens lost by 16

In those 4 games we scored 49 points. Total!

Color me impressed.

We sure showed the 8-8 Chargers, though.

But seriously, this is probably the silliest argument I've seen on this board in a while. We're seriously going back and trying to prop up that 2008 team? When I migrated over to this board during that awful 2011 season, people certainly felt differently.

Ravens lost by 14
Cards lost by 21
Chargers won by 7
Ravens lost by 16

Color me impressed.

you won 11 games, last year you had 2 bad teams to end the season and scored a total of 7 and lost both.

you were still finding your way early in '08 when you faced Ari and Bal was a great D. Bal would hold Ten to 10 on the road the next week too.

stats never tell the whole story. Chad came in to a 1-15 team and you won 11 games w/ him. easy sched or not, Brady out or not that's damn impressive and wasn't Ted Ginn his top WR?
If you want to use the 07 1-15 let's not forget that they lost 7 games by 3 or less points. Again, I appreciate the leadership he brought but the talent was diminished.

In fact if memory serves me correct in 07 we had John Beck start against the Steelers and lost 3-0 in the Mud Bowl. Remember the punt that went straight into the turf without bouncing? Beck lasted 3 games maybe?

:lol: John Beck

Ravens lost by 14
Cards lost by 21
Chargers won by 7
Ravens lost by 16

Color me impressed.

ok, here are the the 2 non playoff teams we played at the end of 2013, only needing 1 win to make the playoffs

at buff- lost 19-0

vs jets- lost 21-7.

pennington was able to beat garbage teams, tanny cant,

o, and u want to play that game for this year, out of our 7 wins, they have been vs the pats, raiders, bears, jags, bills, jets, chargers, . odds r we will have only beaten 1 playoff team this year as well

and pats we played week 1, way different team then the one we just played and got raped by.

also, in 2008, 1 of the ''non'' playoff teams we beat were the 11 win pats, still a very solid team.

This is precisely why you can't be taken seriously. You admit earlier in the thread that more than the QB goes into wins and losses when backed into a corner with the Drew Brees example, yet you go right back to the well here with the same tired nonsense.

he made bess look good

2012 Miami Dolphins 13 61 778 12.8 59.8 39 1 11 0 38 1
2011 Miami Dolphins 16 51 537 10.5 33.6 41 3 8 1 25 2
2010 Miami Dolphins 16 79 820 10.4 51.2 29 5 8 0 43 0
2009 Miami Dolphins 16 76 758 10.0 47.4 34T 2 6 0 48 2
2008 Miami Dolphins 16 54 554 10.3 34.6 37 1 5 0 29 0

If Pennington made Bess look good. Tannehill made him look great. That was with 3 less games.

ok, here are the the 2 non playoff teams we played at the end of 2013, only needing 1 win to make the playoffs

at buff- lost 19-0

vs jets- lost 21-7.

o, and u want to play that game for this year, out of our 7 wins, they have been vs the pats, raiders, bears, jags, bills, jets, chargers, . odds r we will have only beaten 1 playoff team this year as well

and pats we played week 1, way different team then the one we just played and got raped by.

also, in 2008, 1 of the ''non'' playoff teams we beat were the 11 win pats, still a very solid team.
The 11 win Pats (without Brady) where we unveiled the Wildcat to the world on 6 plays and produced 5 TDs on those 6 plays? Remind me how badly we got our asses kicked in the rematch. Even Todd Light got into literally whipping our butts.

5 of our 7 losses are against the Pats, Lions, Broncos, Ravens, Packers all playoff teams and the other 2, Bills and Chiefs are against teams still in the mix. 2 of those losses the defense couldn't hold them on the last drive. The last 3 games are on the entire team not just your QB. If you go back and research how efficient the offense has been since the Albert injury you'll see how poor things have gotten. Outside of a good half against the Broncos the offense has sucked. And some dont think a key injury like that affects an entire offense. Especially when there is no depth and I am sure you agree we have none.

Of course over the last 3 games the defense is giving up 30 PPG I believe and over 400 yards. However, the unhappy adjusters seem to think that football is only played on one side of the ball and that the defense can have a picnic and plant daffodills at in the end zone instead of you know....stopping the opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad Pennington would be on IR after 2 quarters playing behind this OL.

If you want to use the 07 1-15 let's not forget that they lost 7 games by 3 or less points. Again, I appreciate the leadership he brought but the talent was diminished.

bad teams lose close games.

you had 6 and 6 of our losses this season have been by 1 score and a 7th would have been if not for a pick in the final seconds deep in our own end. bad teams find ways to lose close games, good teams find ways to win them.

This is precisely why you can't be taken seriously. You admit earlier in the thread that more than the QB goes into wins and losses when backed into a corner with the Drew Brees example, yet you go right back to the well here with the same tired nonsense.

do u take everything so literally?

plenty of ppl have said in the past '' this qb beat them, this qb can not'' read between the lines.

fine ill say it better. pennington was able to perform well enough vs garbage teams, and tannehill did not perform well enough vs garbage teams.

ur right, no qb ''beats any team on there own'', but still can make a significant impact one way or another.

o and drew brees has played like garbage most of the year, so the saints being 6-8, he deff is a part of the reason this year.

do u take everything so literally?

I don't read minds and you have a habit of contradicting yourself from post to post, so what do you want me to do? Get someone in here to perform a seance every time I reply to one of your posts?

Chad Pennington would be on IR after 2 quarters playing behind this OL.

Chad got hurt w/ good OLs, his body wasn't meant to play in this league but he also made OLs look better b/c he was a good decision maker and it's not like you had a really good OL in 2008. you had an outstanding LT and not much else.

Back
Top Bottom