Smooth Tannehill T-Shirt | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smooth Tannehill T-Shirt

:sidelol: you're getting smoked in here ilovemyfins quit while you still have some dignity

I don't read minds and you have a habit of contradicting yourself from post to post, so what do you want me to do? Get someone in here to perform a seance every time I reply to one of your posts?

yes, that would be nice if u can.

i restated it for u, tannehills performance is below avg vs below avg teams in the clutch, and penningtons was above avg when it mattered down the stretch.

Chad got hurt w/ good OLs, his body wasn't meant to play in this league but he also made OLs look better b/c he was a good decision maker and it's not like you had a really good OL in 2008. you had an outstanding LT and not much else.

You've seen our current OL right? I'm not bagging on CP, I'm actually a fan going all the way back to Marshall, but some people are seriously "misremembering" how the 2008 season played out.

this should end this:

Chad at his worst against a top D in the league in the PLAYOFFS led his O to 9 points.

Ryan against 2 non playoff bound teams needing one win to make the playoffs led his O to 7 points COMBINED.

The 11 win Pats (without Brady) where we unveiled the Wildcat to the world on 6 plays and produced 5 TDs on those 6 plays?

5 of our 7 losses are against the Pats, Lions, Broncos, Ravens, Packers all playoff teams and the other 2, Bills and Chiefs are against teams still in the mix. 2 of those losses the defense couldn't hold them on the last drive. The last 3 games are on the entire team not just your QB. If you go back and research how efficient the offense has been since the Albert injury you'll see how poor things have gotten. Outside of a good half against the Broncos the offense has sucked. And some dont think a key injury like that affects an entire offense. Especially when there is no depth and I am sure you agree we have none.

Of course over the last 3 games the defense is giving up 30 PPG I believe and over 400 yards. However, the unhappy adjusters seem to think that football is only played on one side of the ball and that the defense can have a picnic and plant daffodills at in the end zone instead of you know....stopping the opponent.

its not like our offense was dominant and the defense let us down. if u want to place blame on both units, go ahead, but the problem is, most ppl on here absolve tannehill of any blame.

his play throughout his career is very well correlated to our teams final record at years end.

7-9 in 2012, 8-8 2013, and at best 9-7 2014. so far to date he is a mediocre qb, and more of a game manager than a game changer.

i restated it for u, tannehills performance is below avg vs below avg teams in the clutch, and penningtons was above avg when it mattered down the stretch.

Yep. We were better down the stretch vs bad teams in 2008 than we were in 2013. Again, that goes back to the previous contention. You're putting that all on one person as if he played in a vacuum.

Chad got hurt w/ good OLs, his body wasn't meant to play in this league but he also made OLs look better b/c he was a good decision maker and it's not like you had a really good OL in 2008. you had an outstanding LT and not much else.

Actually Jake Grove and Justin Smiley had their career years. We also had Fasano who was a huge help and 2 vet RBs that could pick up a blitz.

You've seen our current OL right? I'm not bagging on CP, I'm actually a fan going all the way back to Marshall, but some people are seriously "misremembering" how the 2008 season played out.

QBs can make OLs look better than they actually are. Your OL was not bad the 2nd half of last year, Ryan wasn't touched in week 17 against us and he still was terrible.

the '08 line was probably better than this one but they weren't the old hogs either. Ryan has more talent around him than Chad did. The sched was easier and there wasn't Brady to deal with but they took care of business which Miami could not do a year ago against mediocre/bad teams to end the year and they haven't been able to do it against good teams to end 2014.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Yep. We were better down the stretch vs bad teams in 2008 than we were in 2013. Again, that goes back to the previous contention. You're putting that all on one person as if he played in a vacuum.

2008 certainly wasn't all Chad just like your failures now are not all Ryan but Chad had a track record in this league. any healthy season where he played at least 3 qtrs. of a season he led his team to the playoffs. Ryan has no track record to fal back on.

:sidelol: you're getting smoked in here ilovemyfins quit while you still have some dignity

how am i getting smoked? im just stating facts, pennington was good in the clutch down the stretch in 2008, tanny has failed in the clutch both in 2013 and 2014

i know i will get ganged up on by all the tannehill can do no wrong supporters, but it is what it is so far.

its just amusing ppl discrediting pennington for 2008 bc of a ''soft'' sched, yet when tannehill had a chance vs 2 below avg teams last year, only needing 1, not only did we not win any of them, but we scored 7 pts in 2 games. of course, according to many ppl on here, tannehill was the least of our problems in those games, i understand.

i will keep getting ''smoked'' if that is the case.

its not his fault, get him a stout o line, a top defense, a calvin johnson type wr, and a antonio gates type tightend for the red zone and he will be successful. i guarantee u.

No he don't need those....Matt Ryan needs those...heck the last game, if he just had wr's who could just catch deep throws that hit them in their hands he'd put up 2-3 tds more.

Actually Jake Grove and Justin Smiley had their career years. We also had Fasano who was a huge help and 2 vet RBs that could pick up a blitz.

does any of that have to do w/ the QB making good decisions?

QBs can make OLs look better than they actually are. Your OL was not bad the 2nd half of last year, Ryan wasn't touched in week 17 against us and he still was terrible.

the '08 line was probably better than this one but they weren't the old hogs either. Ryan has more talent around him than Chad did. The sched was easier and there wasn't Brady to deal with but they took care of business which Miami could not do a year ago against mediocre/bad teams to end the year and they haven't been able to do it against good teams to end 2014.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

2008 certainly wasn't all Chad just like your failures now are not all Ryan but Chad had a track record in this league. any healthy season where he played at least 3 qtrs. of a season he led his team to the playoffs. Ryan has no track record to fal back on.

I'm not sure any QB could make Dallas Thomas look better and nobody is disputing that RT has had some bad games in his career, but the insinuation that 08 CP could somehow be plugged into this offense and it would somehow be worth a few more wins is ABSURD.

im not putting it all on one person, again, taking things literally.

its like if someone says peyton manning is the reason the broncos won the afc west this season, does that mean he was the '' only '' reason? no, but he made a big impact. same goes for penny in 08, far from the ''only'' reason'' but if u have the same effective run game that year with those wrs, but with mccown starting ( that was our starter going into that year before we signed chad) we win 3-4 games at most.

u r not voted runner up mvp by the voters bc u were just ''another guy'', he was a large part of our success. not all of course, but large part.

'' noodle arm''pennington in 2008 threw for only 263 less yds than the o so good tannehill did in 2013, while throwing 115 less times. tell me who the real game manager is.

also this year, tannehill has attempted 504 passes already, 31 more than chad in 08, and has thrown for 200 plus yds less than pennington did that year.

does any of that have to do w/ the QB making good decisions?
In terms of time to make decisions yes. Chad was very smart with the football. Tannehill has come a long way with his decisions. Not to that level yet but he's young.

its just amusing ppl discrediting pennington for 2008 bc of a ''soft'' sched, yet when tannehill had a chance vs 2 below avg teams last year

Again you just keep going back to "our QB vs their entire team." I wonder if you felt the same way in '96 when the Dolphins choked on applesauce in the back half of the season against 6-10 / 7-9 type of teams. Was it all on Dan that we couldn't put up points in those games?

I'm just asking for consistency here. You freely admit in one post that the idea that wins and losses and scoring output fall solely on the quarterback is wrong, and yet in all of your other posts you essentially use that as your entire line of attack.

Everything is being framed as a debate on #17 by some people and the only reason I even get into these debates now is because it permeates everything. Coach sucks? Sure. Can't block anyone? Granted. Brian Hartline is a bad receiver? Yep. Absolutely zero pass rush for half of the year? True. Rotating cast of 8th string cornerbacks? Yeah. Tomato can linebackers? That's a fact. And then you turn and complain, incessantly, all the time, that the QB is holding the team back.

It doesn't compute.

Back
Top Bottom