Snap Counts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Snap Counts

This is why I cannot get behind Chris Grier. I love Flo. Been on record since the back half of season 1. But I don’t like Grier. It’s not just the 3 first rounders not looking good (ok, Tua may be the guy but it will take time to know - and whiffing on your o-line picks doesn’t help matters) - but that entire draft has produced one player so far that we can say is “better than average” and he hurt his knee yesterday (Davis). We had a bazillion picks. And yet, sans 1 guy, we don’t know if we got anyone good yet. This draft he clearly hit on Waddle. We’ll see about the rest but this class looks to be stronger so far.
I don't know why people think FO's are going to hit on every draft pick. A 50% hit rate is considered excellent in every draft. And looking back, that is about exactly what Grier has done since Tannebum was let go.

2019. Wilkins, Deiter, Van Ginkel, and Gaskins are at least average to above average. Don't get me started on Gaskins. He's exactly what fits this coaching staffs MO at the position & is going to be just fine this year.

2020 In the first you have Tua, Iggy and Jackson. Tua is definitely trending up. And so are the Fins because of him. There's a reason no national media personality is talking about the win. He beat Belly in his house. When everyone picked against it. Iggy and Jackson I will give you are not looking good. They are both very young so I'll still give the coaching staff a chance with them. Look what they did with Needham and Deiter.

But from 2020 you also have to remember Hunt and Davis in the 2nd who have been great when healthy. Add in Jones and Strowbridge and that's a damn good draft class.

Now look at 2021. Waffle House looks like the real deal. So does Holland...and Eich actually played pretty decent considering he was thrown into LT without any practice this training camp. Who knows what we have in Long and Doaks right now. Time will tell.

And that line you say is horrible...vs a Belly defense, when everyone knew the O was going to run the ball at the end of the 4th. Ran the ball down the D's ****ing throats to seal the win in the 4 minute offense. That hasn't happened since the WildCat & I think they deserve some props for doing so.

I had no idea the reps were that spread out amongst the tight ends. They are certainly opening it to the group for someone to take that top dog spot from Gesicki.
I made note in another thread. I think this was more a product of adding protection schemes to help Eich at LT and other blocking duties.

And less of a hit on Gesicki.

However, I still believe we should be attacking more aggressively to offset the OL's issues. Gesicki on quick slants behind the best pass rusher would also slow the rush and give us more of a push at the LOS.

We've had him all this time and we still use Gesicki situationally too much. Dude changes the defensive game plan when he is on the field. What he doesn't give as a blocker, he gives you back in a 2 - 3 yard quick hit.

I don't know why people think FO's are going to hit on every draft pick. A 50% hit rate is considered excellent in every draft. And looking back, that is about exactly what Grier has done since Tannebum was let go.

2019. Wilkins, Deiter, Van Ginkel, and Gaskins are at least average to above average. Don't get me started on Gaskins. He's exactly what fits this coaching staffs MO at the position & is going to be just fine this year.

2020 In the first you have Tua, Iggy and Jackson. Tua is definitely trending up. And so are the Fins because of him. There's a reason no national media personality is talking about the win. He beat Belly in his house. When everyone picked against it. Iggy and Jackson I will give you are not looking good. They are both very young so I'll still give the coaching staff a chance with them. Look what they did with Needham and Deiter.

But from 2020 you also have to remember Hunt and Davis in the 2nd who have been great when healthy. Add in Jones and Strowbridge and that's a damn good draft class.

Now look at 2021. Waffle House looks like the real deal. So does Holland...and Eich actually played pretty decent considering he was thrown into LT without any practice this training camp. Who knows what we have in Long and Doaks right now. Time will tell.

And that line you say is horrible...vs a Belly defense, when everyone knew the O was going to run the ball at the end of the 4th. Ran the ball down the D's ****ing throats to seal the win in the 4 minute offense. That hasn't happened since the WildCat & I think they deserve some props for doing so.
Don't overlook the UDFA's, Canadian bacon league guys and the street guys. Grier finds gems everywhere.

Gaskins is exactly what Flo wants in a RB. So much so, it seems we doubled down with Ahmed.

But let's not excuse the OL. They are bad.

And we've yet to shore up the pass rush. Flo depends a little bit too much on his ability to scheme pressure. He needs another two guys like Ogbah; not great, but consistent and can play run and pass. Phillips might get there some day, but kid needs to bulk up and add muscle. He is situational right now.

When Davis went down, I'm sure most Phin Fans gasped and their heart skipped a beat. Dude has quietly slid past all of the news radar and has solidified himself as an anchor on our line. Beat we need a few more guys who can generate real pressure 1on1 and not need scheme help. To me that is our obvious weakness right now on D.

"Waffle House" cracked me up.

Back
Top Bottom