Snap Counts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Snap Counts

54 plays is awfully low. I think they averaged 64 last year and this preseason. The D was on the field way too long.

I had no idea the reps were that spread out amongst the tight ends. They are certainly opening it to the group for someone to take that top dog spot from Gesicki.

Saw that this morning, didnt think Waddle would have so many snaps, almost twice as many as Wilson and Gesicki. I knew Gesicki would get a reduction in reps but never thought they'd actually give most of those to Waddle. I was hoping for it, didnt think they'd actually do it.

Saw that this morning, didnt think Waddle would have so many snaps, almost twice as many as Wilson and Gesicki. I knew Gesicki would get a reduction in reps but never thought they'd actually give most of those to Waddle. I was hoping for it, didnt think they'd actually do it.
And boy did it pay off. Waddle is legit.

I had no idea the reps were that spread out amongst the tight ends. They are certainly opening it to the group for someone to take that top dog spot from Gesicki.
I really think they expect MG to be gone next year in FA when someone overpays for him. If they do believe that, it makes sense that they spread the love around.

And boy did it pay off. Waddle is legit.
Yeah and that drop doesnt even bother me... We did win the game. Waddle has never had a problem with drops, these are things that just happen, no way around it.

Couldn't help but see...

Austin Jackson - who played three snaps on special teams - being available. >>> Seriously, what's up with this kid? Seems to be imploding.

The real disappointment, however, was Noah Igbinoghene landing on the inactive players list; he has to improve this season and start developing into the player Miami projected him to be when they selected him in the first round of last year’s NFL Draft.
>>> Getting closer to a certified bust all the time.

Wow. That's two #1s not looking so good. Yikes.

Yeah and that drop doesnt even bother me... We did win the game. Waddle has never had a problem with drops, these are things that just happen, no way around it.
Even his little dive to the pylon looked sneaky smooth and just “different”. I love how confident he was out there.

Couldn't help but see...

Austin Jackson - who played three snaps on special teams - being available. >>> Seriously, what's up with this kid? Seems to be imploding.

The real disappointment, however, was Noah Igbinoghene landing on the inactive players list; he has to improve this season and start developing into the player Miami projected him to be when they selected him in the first round of last year’s NFL Draft.
>>> Getting closer to a certified bust all the time.

Wow. That's two #1s not looking so good. Yikes.
This is why I cannot get behind Chris Grier. I love Flo. Been on record since the back half of season 1. But I don’t like Grier. It’s not just the 3 first rounders not looking good (ok, Tua may be the guy but it will take time to know - and whiffing on your o-line picks doesn’t help matters) - but that entire draft has produced one player so far that we can say is “better than average” and he hurt his knee yesterday (Davis). We had a bazillion picks. And yet, sans 1 guy, we don’t know if we got anyone good yet. This draft he clearly hit on Waddle. We’ll see about the rest but this class looks to be stronger so far.

I'm surprised Gesiki had more snaps than Long. It seemed like I saw more of Long during the game.

I'm surprised Gesiki had more snaps than Long. It seemed like I saw more of Long during the game.
Maybe because Gesicki was having an off game. Drops, misroutes, etc. Could be just me…watch the game and iso him…wasn’t impressive.

Thanks for this. Flores is like Belicheat, without the cheating - he changes game to game according to matchups. There MIGHT be trends developing , but it's mostly just matchups and schemes. Flo knew this would be a close, defensive game, with NE pounding the run and using short passes. And he really respected their front 7 on D. SO we saw lots more Smythe for blocking and more than expected Carter for blocking. For games he expects to be wide open, we'll see more Gesicki, I'd expect. Jackson (while he did look bad in preseason) didn't play as a matter of policy, cause he didn't practice and wasn't present for the installs. I think we played more LB's and less DB's than we would for a more explosive passing team. But I don't think we can necessarily make any longer term conclusions from this.

Back
Top Bottom