So Are We Keeping Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Are We Keeping Quinn

I thought we only ate 1.1 mill for missing the deadline.

He still can be cut or traded and the 11 mill is off the books.

?

It just seems the more things "change" the more the stay the same. They've been trying to trade him all this time but now they're going to keep him?
Grier: "Hey Quinn, we've been trying to trade you cause we don't want you but couldn't find any takers so we'll keep you here"
"I'm sure you'll feel welcome here"
Was that reported or was it media speculation? Maybe the new coaching staff told him from day one he’s not going anywhere? Just because some stupid media guy thinks the Dolphins should tank, looks at the players with the highest salaries and tweets that the team plans on cutting ties with them, doesn’t make it a fact.

Was that reported or was it media speculation? Maybe the new coaching staff told him from day one he’s not going anywhere? Just because some stupid media guy thinks the Dolphins should tank, looks at the players with the highest salaries and tweets that the team plans on cutting ties with them, doesn’t make it a fact.
Well, it's been out there but also we have somebody on VIP that gives us insides and the team has been trying to trade him. When he was with the Rams he didn't like playing the 3-4 defense and that's part of what we'll be doing now so keeping him doesn't seem to make sense.

It just seems the more things "change" the more the stay the same. They've been trying to trade him all this time but now they're going to keep him?
Grier: "Hey Quinn, we've been trying to trade you cause we don't want you but couldn't find any takers so we'll keep you here"
Kind of like what Teddy Bridgewater did with the Saints.Ill resign but I'm going to see what Miami might give me.

Well, it's been out there but also we have somebody on VIP that gives us insides and the team has been trying to trade him. When he was with the Rams he didn't like playing the 3-4 defense and that's part of what we'll be doing now so keeping him doesn't seem to make sense.
Idk if it matters as much due to how little we should actually be in the base defense. The fact that he actually has experience in the 3-4 and 4-3 could be an asset

I think he'll get over it when he gets his paycheck.

Wtf

A 43 de in a multiple front defense.

Fail.

About as confusing a move as the qb handling thus far.

Qb better hold onto it a while cause with his inability to open his hips he’s gonna take the long route around

Keeping Quinn in my opinion is more about comp pick possibilities than the player himself.

I agree, it's the smart play. Hopefully he rebounds his value & signs a decent contract next year & we gain a 4th/5th rounder for him.

That's a LOT of $$$$$ for a comp pick play!

If they are indeed keeping him I think it's a safe bet they kinda want him on the team.

What do we need cap room for? We aren't competing for anything. It's a throwaway year.

if a RT is our top priority then this FO hasn't learn anything.

Are you too young to remember the disaster we had in 2013 with Tyson Clabo at RT?

This move feels like insurance or something

Overpaid insurance

Last edited:
I agree, it's the smart play. Hopefully he rebounds his value & signs a decent contract next year & we gain a 4th/5th rounder for him.

What do we need cap room for? We aren't competing for anything. It's a throwaway year.

Are you too young to remember the disaster we had in 2013 with Tyson Clabo at RT?
Oh I remember it well but a RT at 13 is not the way to build imo

No matter what we think of Quinn, he can be useful for the 2019 season, potentially motivated by his next contract. I'd much rather have the $11.8m saved for rollover into 2020, but do understand Miami's position. They keep a player on a 1 year deal, who might be able to play himself into another contract, netting them a comp pick, if the price is right.

No matter what we think of Quinn, he can be useful for the 2019 season, potentially motivated by his next contract. I'd much rather have the $11.8m saved for rollover into 2020, but do understand Miami's position. They keep a player on a 1 year deal, who might be able to play himself into another contract, netting them a comp pick, if the price is right.
What is the value of the comp pick? Can we do something with it to make it worth while?

Back
Top Bottom