So Are We Keeping Quinn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Are We Keeping Quinn

Robert Quinn is NOT a HIGH Quality player. He's a shadow of his glory days in St. Louis. Certainly not worth $12m+!!!

I mean Andre Branch got a 3 year, $27 million dollar contract when the cap was nearly $40 million less.

If Quinn is not a $12 million dollar player, he is at least a $10 million player coming off a bad year . . . .which hell it wasn’t even that bad as his pressure numbers were still above average.

Like I said befor the AAV is the not the issue here . . . Miami just doesn’t need to have a guy like him on a 1 year deal. Work on an extension or trade him for a pick.

Now that they called a lot of teams bluff by paying the roster bonus, that opens the trade talks up again.

They’ll get a pick for him if that is their intention.

I know alot of people want to tank and thats fine, but you still have to field a team. Quinn is the ONLY pass rusher the Fins have. In this market, he's the best value/production available. I really dont get all the hate...

Given how thin we are at DE, I have not problem with Quinn another year. If he excels and finds the "Wake" fountain of youth then we extend him for a few more years where he may see the other side of the rebuild process.

Arizona needs someone to pair with Chandler Jones.

If I’m not mistaken Quinn is coming off a year without injury. I’m hoping having a healthy offseason to train and better coaching/scheme improve his production. I think after losing James and creating another need Quinn became more valuable. I don’t care either way.

I know alot of people want to tank and thats fine, but you still have to field a team. Quinn is the ONLY pass rusher the Fins have. In this market, he's the best value/production available. I really dont get all the hate...

So it cost a team, with ample cap space, 1m to control the player to either trade at some point or keep and let play at a number that isint crazy as pointed out by Kdawg.

They could also try to trade him in season. I don’t understand the big deal either? You cant say he didn’t produce at all either, that would be just disingenuous.

My idea of moving on from Quinn probably has more to do with his fit to the defense, rather than how much money he makes relative to the production. The last two years he had 15 sacks. Not a bad number. Going to more of a multiple front that asks to anchor more, does not suit Quinn's ability.

I mean Andre Branch got a 3 year, $27 million dollar contract when the cap was nearly $40 million less.

If Quinn is not a $12 million dollar player, he is at least a $10 million player coming off a bad year . . . .which hell it wasn’t even that bad as his pressure numbers were still above average.

Like I said befor the AAV is the not the issue here . . . Miami just doesn’t need to have a guy like him on a 1 year deal. Work on an extension or trade him for a pick.

Now that they called a lot of teams bluff by paying the roster bonus, that opens the trade talks up again.

They’ll get a pick for him if that is their intention.
I agree 100%!!! Either way, whether they trade him or he leaves after 2019 via F/A Miami gets a pick. He just needs to be close to what he was in 2018.

Poor fit and gonna take snaps from someone who is part of the future. Or get in the way of at least

That sounds good but I thought the prevailing thought was the Dolphins were not interested in Rosen?
that's what they said but a)this market is fluid, and b) AZ claims to be keeping him. Oh and AB was not gonna be traded by Pittsburgh unless a 1st is involved. IMO believe nothing

My idea of moving on from Quinn probably has more to do with his fit to the defense, rather than how much money he makes relative to the production. The last two years he had 15 sacks. Not a bad number. Going to more of a multiple front that asks to anchor more, does not suit Quinn's ability.

Bingo.

Back
Top Bottom